SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#341637 - 03/08/12 02:58 PM Audya harddisk recording question
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
OK, so now, I did a little recording on my Audya 4 without any sighted assistance but I noticed one thing.
The wave file that I just recorded isn't that high in level compared to the other sounds on the instrument.
Is it possible to adjust the recording level some way?
Many thanks for any help!

#341641 - 03/08/12 06:30 PM Re: Audya harddisk recording question [Re: Christian_1]
Tonewheeldude Offline

you need to 'normalize' the recording afterward. From memory, you have to import the wav file into the editor and then select normalize.

#341743 - 03/10/12 11:15 AM Re: Audya harddisk recording question [Re: Christian_1]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi Christian,

the "Wave"-Slider in the "Player-Area" is responsible for the recording volume.

So put it to max during recording.

If the recording is still not loud enough : Normalize it ( I would do that via PC, much faster and more comfortable , but indeed I donīt use the Audyas recording function, Iīve got a little "Zoom H1" plugged into my external mixer wink )

#341827 - 03/11/12 04:58 PM Re: Audya harddisk recording question [Re: Snoopy]
Christian_1 Offline

Well, nothing happens if I turn up or down the wave slider. So, I don't know what is causing the problem then.
I have tried it during the recording and nothing happens. Do you need to press the button above it first or what?
I have tried both wave sliders.

#341854 - 03/12/12 05:23 AM Re: Audya harddisk recording question [Re: Christian_1]
BobbyP Offline

Loc: Lanarkshire
I wasted a lot of time on this subject and decided that it is not worth the bother. No matter how you set it up before hand it will always be too quiet. Now I just record out from the Audya in to my sequencer

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online