SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#340729 - 02/24/12 09:29 AM Disapointing Pen upgrade!
Sandi Offline

I'm not happy with the new pen drive upgrade.Everything went fine,everything works but there are just few new styles,live drums and guitars.They didn't nothing new.Everything that they give to us was already in(in a very similar way.No new sound at all.And I don't understand why the put user live guitar in pen drive.It will be much easier to put them on hard.
Seems to me that I spent the money for nothing.

#340752 - 02/24/12 12:44 PM Re: Disapointing Pen upgrade! [Re: Sandi]
Tony Hughes Offline

Sandi,

Which pen is this, did you pay for it, if so how much???

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#340756 - 02/24/12 02:13 PM Re: Disapointing Pen upgrade! [Re: Sandi]
skude Offline

Sandi
I think you are lucky compare to me. I bought the new upgrade $ 135.00 and my Audya will not load the 4.2B mem. file. Not much help to get from Ketron. They don't know what support is!!!
skude

#340794 - 02/25/12 12:31 AM Re: Disapointing Pen upgrade! [Re: Sandi]
Sandi Offline

Tony this is the last pen upgrade with 4,2B system.I pay about 90 dollars.
I agree with you Skude but If I new that this is it I would never buy it.
But there is a second story.When the new one will be up you can't put it in if you not have all the first upgrades.Seems to me that is not OK.
So skude just go back to the 4,1b if you can.You don't miss a thing(For my opinion of course).

#340796 - 02/25/12 12:54 AM Re: Disapointing Pen upgrade! [Re: skude]
Tony Hughes Offline

Skude,

Ketron have got your money now, spent it on wine, women and song, it all gone nothing left for PR, or new KBs, mind you, doubt if you will ever buy another Ketron, or you need to see your Doctor... meet you on the tarmac at Manchester airport Skude and swap over the Audya. I've not sold mine yet. or have you just had enough.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#340800 - 02/25/12 02:47 AM Re: Disapointing Pen upgrade! [Re: Sandi]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Sandi
Tony this is the last pen upgrade with 4,2B system.I pay about 90 dollars.
I agree with you Skude but If I new that this is it I would never buy it.
But there is a second story.When the new one will be up you can't put it in if you not have all the first upgrades.Seems to me that is not OK.
So skude just go back to the 4,1b if you can.You don't miss a thing(For my opinion of course).

Sandi,

You could have had the upgrade without the extra styles etc, perhaps the next time you will just get the upgrade.

Tony

#340805 - 02/25/12 04:15 AM Re: Disapointing Pen upgrade! [Re: Sandi]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: Sandi
I'm not happy with the new pen drive upgrade.Everything went fine,everything works but there are just few new styles,live drums and guitars.They didn't nothing new.Everything that they give to us was already in(in a very similar way.No new sound at all.And I don't understand why the put user live guitar in pen drive.It will be much easier to put them on hard.
Seems to me that I spent the money for nothing.

You obviously have not installed the upgrade. I would have paid the same money for only 10 styles! How much do people have to pay for each genuine Yamaha style by the way?

Here is a list of new Real Audio Styles included with the pen drive. (I don't count the midi styles):

12_8FOLK
BASIC 16 BEAT
UK_BALLAD
SOUL_BEAT
70s' BALLAD
COUNTRY 8 BEAT
8_BEAT_BRUSH
EURO_CHA
ITALPOP
70s' REVIVAL
JAM_HOUSE
GIPSY_MOOD
RUMBAMIX
DISCOFUNKY
PARTY
ROCK
SWING
FIESTA
DANCEQUITO
ITALCUMBIA 1
ITALCUMBIA 2
PORTUGUESE MARCH
ROCK 12_8
MODERN_SWING
ORGAN_BEBOP
JAZZ_MUSETTE
PARTY_SHUFFLE
ROMANTIC_SLOW
SHUFFLE_60s'
SWING_TIME
EVERGREEN
LATIN
FOLK
BALLROOM
LATIN_BEGUINE
FUSION SAMBA
POP_CHA_CHA
LAMBADA REMIX
BAJON
PASODOBLE
MILONGA
RUMBA TRADITION
WALZER
MAZURKA
POLKA
TANGO
SLOW_WALZER
CLASSIC_BEGUINE
DANCING_FOX
ENGLISH WALZ
MODERATO_BEGUINE
TARANTELLA
COUNTRY_FOX

Ketron were very open about the contents of this upgrade. Surely you checked before purchasing???

#340898 - 02/26/12 08:42 AM Re: Disapointing Pen upgrade! [Re: Sandi]
Sandi Offline

I agre with all of you.But this is just my opinion.Sorry guys.The first upgrade was better.

#340905 - 02/26/12 11:42 AM Re: Disapointing Pen upgrade! [Re: Sandi]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I see what you mean, the 2010 upgrade was like having a brand new keyboard - at the time I thought Ketron should have charged much, much more money. Even so, take into account the cost of the 2011 upgrade with the content and it represents very good value for money.

Yamaha charge around $10 to $12 per MIDI style so thats around $500 for 47 stlyes. BUT the Ketron styles are LIVE. so unlike every other manufacturer who has a single employee sitting at a pc programming everything in C major, Ketron has to have musical arrangers and composers, musicians, studio time and staff, post production staff, R&D and software engineers. Think of all the man (and woman) hours involved in producing one Live Audio style for the Audya representing HUGE investment by Ketron.

#340949 - 02/27/12 12:50 AM Re: Disapointing Pen upgrade! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
I see what you mean, the 2010 upgrade was like having a brand new keyboard - at the time I thought Ketron should have charged much, much more money. Even so, take into account the cost of the 2011 upgrade with the content and it represents very good value for money.

Yamaha charge around $10 to $12 per MIDI style so thats around $500 for 47 stlyes. BUT the Ketron styles are LIVE. so unlike every other manufacturer who has a single employee sitting at a pc programming everything in C major, Ketron has to have musical arrangers and composers, musicians, studio time and staff, post production staff, R&D and software engineers. Think of all the man (and woman) hours involved in producing one Live Audio style for the Audya representing HUGE investment by Ketron.

I agree 100%

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (02/27/12 12:55 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online