SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#340086 - 02/17/12 03:41 PM Ain't That A Kick In The Head (Warning:Profanity)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
An old Synthzone member buddy, Heikki Kahola (aka the Wolf)
just informed me that he just uploaded a YouTube video of him singing the Dean Martin classic: "Ain't That A Kick In The Head".
Pretty wild! eek2 grin
As with Dean Martin, the big question remains: is he really drunk, or simply putting on an act smoke
Checkout that bottle of Finnish Vodka and the empty cabinet.
Warning: The clip contains strong profanity so those offended by that should ignore watching this video altogether:

#340107 - 02/18/12 01:07 AM Re: Ain't That A Kick In The Head (Warning:Profanity) [Re: Scottyee]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That is so #@!%* funny. He really does a great job. That was so much fun to watch and listen to. Very entertaining.

#340113 - 02/18/12 05:17 AM Re: Ain't That A Kick In The Head (Warning:Profanity) [Re: Scottyee]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
WOW, Scott, that guy is really good! Great voice. Any idea what the backing is from, I really like that song. I don't know if he's an entertainer but he should be.

#340128 - 02/18/12 07:17 AM Re: Ain't That A Kick In The Head (Warning:Profanity) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Tony Hughes Offline

Well guys, I will give this chap one thing, he doesn't need to hide behind a color graph bobbing up and down, we know who's performing, he's one hell of a singer. I would love to see him playing KB, perhaps we would get a full blown performance, video and audio. I look forward to that day.

I would need to work on his hairstyle rotf2 Wish my mate Donny and me had hair like that... dance2

Tony

Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#340130 - 02/18/12 07:46 AM Re: Ain't That A Kick In The Head (Warning:Profanity) [Re: Scottyee]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott, I always thought "Wolf" faked the drunk routine, but I never seen him sober to determine that smile

One thing for sure, he is a talented singer (impossible as a "drunk")..I have reservations about his playing keys (I still believe "I left my heart in SF" was a sequence) smile

As you we have talked on the phone (with you on SKype)..He is very vulgar and always appears to be drinking....a lot..

If the drinking is true..it is a shame, and waste of talent...

#340174 - 02/18/12 01:35 PM Re: Ain't That A Kick In The Head (Warning:Profanity) [Re: Tony Hughes]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Bill,
Heikki's perf of "Ain't That A Kick" was simply performed impromptu 'on the fly' and live streaming karaoke backing tracks off of the streaming music site Spotify.

Fran,
believe what you want, but as far as Heikki's rendition of " I left My Heart in SF", I can assure you it wasn't a SMF. It was performed in auto accomp mode because he utilized a factory T2 style I helped select. I also remember going over the chord changes & melody of the intro with him and listening to him rehearse it on the fly and subsequently record it too.

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
I would love to see him playing KB, perhaps we would get a full blown performance, video and audio. I look forward to that

Here you go Tony: smile
Heikki Kahola (Tyros 2) and Henrik on Guitar:

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online