Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#339552 - 02/12/12 09:59 PM Impressive Yam. Tyros 4 (+ Roland G70) Performer
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Checkout these outsanding trad style arranger keyboard performances
on Yamaha Tyros 4 (and including Roland G70 in the 2nd clip) Wow! clap
performed by Rico, who resides in the Netherlands.
He also does an impressive Elvis "Love Me Tender" vocal Impersonation. cool

#339554 - 02/12/12 10:17 PM Re: Impressive Yam. Tyros 4 (+ Roland G70) Performer [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Nice find Scott, that G70 sounds nice, in fact never heard it played like that before, performing dog as well, 3 in 1.

Donny, usually finds these little nuggetts for us, you are moving up the ranking Scott, keep them coming, nice to see what people have got double stacked.

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#339562 - 02/12/12 11:03 PM Re: Impressive Yam. Tyros 4 (+ Roland G70) Performer [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Great music on both T4 and G70. Inspires me to try a couple of things. I have room for a tiny little keyboard such as the little Korg in my setup. It would be great to have a second lead sound to switch to instantly.
Also great Elvis song. Inspires me to learn to sing.
DonM

#339564 - 02/12/12 11:06 PM Re: Impressive Yam. Tyros 4 (+ Roland G70) Performer [Re: DonM]
Tony Hughes Offline

Don,

Wurlitzer put a little 3rd KB in the top of one of thier organs, a long time ago, I have a paper round then. rotf2

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#339567 - 02/12/12 11:24 PM Re: Impressive Yam. Tyros 4 (+ Roland G70) Performer [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

I also had one on my LAST organ, a big old Yamaha FS500.
It weighed more than all my ex-wives but together.
DonM

#339577 - 02/13/12 12:43 AM Re: Impressive Yam. Tyros 4 (+ Roland G70) Performer [Re: DonM]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: DonM
Great music on both T4 and G70. Inspires me to try a couple of things. I have room for a tiny little keyboard such as the little Korg in my setup. It would be great to have a second lead sound to switch to instantly.
Also great Elvis song. Inspires me to learn to sing.
DonM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwdIFM_DrRc

John

#339603 - 02/13/12 08:09 AM Re: Impressive Yam. Tyros 4 (+ Roland G70) Performer [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I also had one on my LAST organ, a big old Yamaha FS500.
It weighed more than all my ex-wives but together.
DonM

yamaha has many organs with a 3rd small keyboard in it... like FS70, FX20 or D85, but i never could find a single youtube video where they actually used the small keys...

So if you actually want 3 mannuals choose an organ with 76x61x61 fullblown keys, and not something with subpar small keys.

or maybe even with 4 real manuals

Point is... 2 or 3 mannuals gives you so much more freedom to play.... Its not without a reason that people like Alan McPike still use 3 keyboards in their setup.

Personally i really love this dutch chap playing 2 great arrangers... 2 different brands allways add more character then 2 instruments of the same brand.

Another good example with T4 in it comes from Petry giles

Edited by Bachus (02/13/12 08:18 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#339614 - 02/13/12 09:28 AM Re: Impressive Yam. Tyros 4 (+ Roland G70) Performer [Re: Bachus]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

quote Bachus on adding a Korg Micro : (February 11th)

" ....I never understood people with 2 arrangers...
If you needed anything to a PA3X, it would be a Solosynth/Pro workstation/PC running VST, but not a 2nd arranger... because almost all styles can be converted and adjusted to your own arranger....... "

quote Bachus: (February 13th)

"...... Point is... 2 or 3 mannuals gives you so much more freedom to play.... Its not without a reason that people like Alan McPike still use 3 keyboards in their setup.
Personally i really love this dutch chap playing 2 great arrangers... 2 different brands allways add more character then 2 instruments of the same brand....."

Make up your mind son !!

regards,
John Smies

#339617 - 02/13/12 09:36 AM Re: Impressive Yam. Tyros 4 (+ Roland G70) Performer [Re: john smies]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: john smies

quote Bachus on adding a Korg Micro : (February 11th)

" ....I never understood people with 2 arrangers...
If you needed anything to a PA3X, it would be a Solosynth/Pro workstation/PC running VST, but not a 2nd arranger... because almost all styles can be converted and adjusted to your own arranger....... "

quote Bachus: (February 13th)

"...... Point is... 2 or 3 mannuals gives you so much more freedom to play.... Its not without a reason that people like Alan McPike still use 3 keyboards in their setup.
Personally i really love this dutch chap playing 2 great arrangers... 2 different brands allways add more character then 2 instruments of the same brand....."

Make up your mind son !!

regards,
John Smies

There is a small difference between 2 arrangers..... and 2 keyboards...

I know where you are comming from, in europe/Holland/Germany people call arrangers also Keyboards...

But since this is a US forum... Keyboard stands for anything with white and black keys on it... I.e. Arrangers/synths/E-pianos..

So where i am not a fan of 2 arrangerkeyboards in a single setup, atleast 2 keyboards (preferrably 88 weighted and 76 synthkey action) are a must for me.

I hope this clears the misunderstanding....

(on top of that, none of the 3 keyboards Allan is using is an Arranger)

And on top of that , i am not your son...

Edited by Bachus (02/13/12 09:37 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#339623 - 02/13/12 10:11 AM Re: Impressive Yam. Tyros 4 (+ Roland G70) Performer [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

In certain parts of the U.S., particularly the South, we often call other guys "son". It's a colloquialism, I suppose, and used in an atmosphere of friendship.
Country music legend Jerry Reed, for one, called everybody "son".
It's easy to forget we are in a group with so many diverse languages and that to many English is certainly not their language of choice.
I am in awe of people who speak a second or third language. I've been trying to learn Spanish, but it has been slow progress.
I am fluent in Pig Latin though.

onDa asonMa

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online