SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#33946 - 02/07/09 01:00 AM Just checkin' ...Midjay os 4.2i bug
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
I've been experimenting all kind of tricks and connection configurations, but I still have a strange reaction from Midjay, conected like a sound module (Midi Mode 1 or 2) via Cakewalk Sonar.Same reaction with any other sequencer or Midi player.Seems like notes get stucked in a buffer and later, ,ramdomly played on. Sounds like an old tape echo machine out of control.
I thought is my laptop, Acer Aspiren 5720, with USB2, but I used an USB1 cord extension in between and same story.
I really think it's a bug in new OS 4.2i, 'cause with OS 4.0 is working ok, except a strange latency after a while, I need to refresh Midi Ports in Cakewalk.
In rest I'm absolutly satisfied with Midjay, great machine and very useful.I have more than 18 months since I use it day after day.
Any sugestions?
Thanks Ketroners!
Vio www.caia.tk

#33947 - 02/07/09 07:28 AM Re: Just checkin' ...Midjay os 4.2i bug
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Have you absolutely positively eliminated a chance of a MIDI loop taking place?

Most softwares have a setting somewhere in their global params that will turn MIDI Echo Off. Some may call it, "Local" or a few other terms.

Fast way to find out if MIDI Echo is the cause of a problem is to pull one of the MIDI connects only and see if the problem stops. For instance, when playing back a sequence to the device, disconnect at the device's MIDI Out, leaving only the MIDI Input connected.

If you've already tried this, please forgive, just trying to help.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33948 - 02/08/09 05:15 AM Re: Just checkin' ...Midjay os 4.2i bug
viocaia Offline

Thanks Mac
Yes , I've tried that.Even with Local off or Echo off , same story.In Midi configuration panel, on Midjay, it have 2 Midi Modes.
a. Midi Modes 1 , when a midi controller is conected directly to the sound module
b. Midi Modes 2 , when a controller is routed thru sequencer.In both situation same result.
At least in Mode 1, it should work without any keyboard controller conected.Like a simple Sound Canvas.
Thanks again Mac I'm still experimenting, shoul be a way to fix this.
In rest the machine is great, working with no problems(major)on the stage , almost everyday.
I'm curios if someother Midjay users face this , or it's only my machine.
Vio

#33949 - 02/08/09 08:13 AM Re: Just checkin' ...Midjay os 4.2i bug
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
*Your Midjay acts the same on more than one PC, right? I assume you've tried that...
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33950 - 02/09/09 11:32 AM Re: Just checkin' ...Midjay os 4.2i bug
viocaia Offline

Thanks Mac,
I did connect Midjay to another desktop, with usb 2 , same results, now I'm trying to hook up an old Dell PII, 300Mhz, with a single USB1 port and Windows 98.But the HDD is kaput...waiting for another one soon.Still experimenting.Hope I'm wrong and it's something about USB2.
Vio

#33951 - 02/10/09 05:32 AM Re: Just checkin' ...Midjay os 4.2i bug
viocaia Offline

Just pluged on a Asus PIII,800Mhz,USB1.1,Win XP-SP3,direct on USB Port and later by a USB Extension Cable(active repeater) and I get the same strange delay and reaction.Maybe is something the way Windows manage USB Audio Devices? And how's that V4.00 works well (pretty well).
I couldn't get Dell, P2 working yet, with Win98 installed and old USB 1.0 port, but I'm working on it.

#33952 - 03/02/09 07:02 AM Re: Just checkin' ...Midjay os 4.2i bug
player 1 Offline

Loc: Vargon Sweden
Hello all Midjay player

After many trying for updated the midjay to 4,2i and without success I try to go back to 4,0 but I only recive an error message, and another problem has occure after updat, the signal from right, left output is different
what is happend?

Hasse

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online