SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#339372 - 02/11/12 10:05 AM Some of the BEST Arr. Players R' Street Artists !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Enter Kevin Kooyumjian.
This San Francisco Bay Area Street Artist regularly plays his Korg PaX keyboard
@ Fisherman's Wharf here in San Francisco. clap

For an entirely different keyboard street artist experience,
checkout this NYC subway entertainer,
Edwardo Alvarez:

#339376 - 02/11/12 10:23 AM Re: Some of the BEST Arr. Players R' Street Artists ! [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

I dont why this guy is swiping the keys like an organ when hes playing guitar?

#339380 - 02/11/12 10:39 AM Re: Some of the BEST Arr. Players R' Street Artists ! [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I agree as well he is a good player but too much swipe of the keys the old man in the sub way the best

#339384 - 02/11/12 10:56 AM Re: Some of the BEST Arr. Players R' Street Artists ! [Re: Scottyee]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Why would we want to be in a board of director's meeting, or a Walmart greeter.....when this is available to us.. smile

I am ready to re-think ways to use the MicroArranger...No vocals , no hassles...and I think we would be allowed to watch the girls walk by.. smile

The bad thing...getting mugged at the end of the day...for your coin grin

#339386 - 02/11/12 11:15 AM Re: Some of the BEST Arr. Players R' Street Artists ! [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I love his band. Where can I get some pickers like that?

#339388 - 02/11/12 11:17 AM Re: Some of the BEST Arr. Players R' Street Artists ! [Re: Fran Carango]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

I am ready to re-think ways to use the MicroArranger.and I think we would be allowed to watch the girls walk by.. smile

Fran, here's just the song grin for you to do on your KMA:

2011 Retro Rendition by Tom Gaebel: cool

#339396 - 02/11/12 12:29 PM Re: Some of the BEST Arr. Players R' Street Artists ! [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Down here in the snowy south we have a deal going on all summer long called First Friday. It takes place in Havre de Grace, Maryland, primarily along two streets of town where the majority of the retail business' and restaurants are located. The establishments hire bands, including OMB performers, to perform for 4 hours from 4 till 8 p.m. on the first Friday of each of the warmer months. I've done about a half-dozen of them, the jobs were a lot of fun, got to see and meet lots of people, the exposure is incredible and lots of jobs are booked by the bands worth having. In addition to being paid by the business you were performing in front of, there were always people wanting to purchase CDs, plenty of $ in the tip jars, and pretty much no chance of being mugged or having your tips stolen. It's a relatively small town, and lots of cops on duty every weekend. Some of the other waterfront towns started getting into the act with similar, summer events, all of which are well attended. The payscale is about the same as local nite-clubs, usually $150 to $200 for 4 hours.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#339402 - 02/11/12 01:29 PM Re: Some of the BEST Arr. Players R' Street Artists ! [Re: Scottyee]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I work 4th of July, St. Patrick's Day and other parade days. The local Utilities company hires me to play on the sidewalk outside their headquarters. Other businesses hire musicians to play outside their businesses, also.

Then, there's Thursday night Live, a neat live outside venue which draws upwards of 10,000 people. It's in a newly established courtyard when also serves as the location of a Saturday open market....all an effort by the chamber to bring traffic downtown.

After 14 years outside on a patio and the last three years doing outside golf tournaments, barbeques, etc. I'm REALLY TIRED OF PLAYING OUTSIDE!

Neat events, though, and I'll probably continue the "one shots"
for a while. No Patio Restaurant jobs, though. Sweated, been rained on and had enough equipment damage.

R.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online