SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#339442 - 02/11/12 08:16 PM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Col....please excuse my UK ignorance but what is a Skiffle group?

#339443 - 02/11/12 09:54 PM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: Saswick]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
Hi Donny and Don

It took me quite a while before I plucked up courage to post something.

I am prone, like Tony, to pass sarcastic comments at times, please put it down to our British sense of humour

Kind Regards to all

Col

Colin,

Most folks on SZ are gents and even if they did think you sounded tosh, they wouldn't say so,its like joining the Freemasons, it's a bit hush hush. If I start sing at home through the Audya or T4, my wife will say "why the hell are singing like a girl, your voice is nice without all that tosh" she deaf as well...heeeee rotf2 Colonel Colin, I wouldn't want to post anything on CZ, just in case they said it wasn't me because it sounded too good for a none professional. Now the problem they have, am I being sarcastic, who will never know. You enjoy yourself Colin and tomorrow you can sing Happy Birthday to yourself as many times as you want, in whatever key you want, and with what VH you want. party

You have a happy birthday Colin and many more of them, like me they are becoming more precious every year.

Kind Regards

Tony Hughes
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#339444 - 02/11/12 10:01 PM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Col....please excuse my UK ignorance but what is a Skiffle group?

Donny,

You have let your old mate down badly, I cannot believe you have asked this question, Donny the intrepid surfer, SZ answer to Reuters, here you are old lad, if in doubt look onto the Tinternet, as we say in Blighty. duel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi2prqiopUE&feature=related Elizabeth Cotton wrote USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx4eN5_MAZ8&feature=fvwrel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vipers_Skiffle_Group If in doubt Wiki
http://www.lonniedoneganinc.com/
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kfb9_lonnie-donegan-battle-of-new-orlean_creation

I thought you just might like the last one!!! duel

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#339447 - 02/11/12 11:10 PM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: Saswick]
124 Offline

All us, er, more mature (well, in theory) blokes started off in skiffle groups. Great days. Anyone who could manage two or three chords or plunk away on a tea-chest bass (i.e., moi) was in a skiffle group, and most of us sort of graduated from there.

Like Col, I spent 9 years with an i30 and an ih harmoniser - not too shabby a set-up. And since Col wished more members would post summat, I have Mustang Sally done with the i30/ih combination. Just need to find out how to post the 'box' link.

Edited by 124 (02/11/12 11:27 PM)

#339451 - 02/11/12 11:47 PM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Morning All

Sorry I left you last night an old Guy needs his kip (Sleep Donny).

As for Skiffle just to demonstrate I,ll record a Skiffle Classic today, all things being equal, providing the voice holds out.

We have a Gig on thursday evening entertaining the local WI (The Womans Institute) as Tony will tell you they can be a fearsome bunch of ladies they crucified our previous Prime Minister Tony Blair when he agreed to address them. The last ime we played for them they asked us not to do so many Country songs when we came again.(there's no accounting for taste) Maybe we will do some Skiffle this time Ha Ha

124 Sorry I don't know your first name. I look forward to Mustang Sally.

Speaking of performances I have a selection of numbers recorded by Mr Mason, Sir I bow to you, the first time I heard you play Matchbox I couldn't believe it was a keyboard not a guitar, great stuff. I loved your rendition of Toe's the other day.

Regards

Col

PS: I like my Jazz as well as Country and the 60's , I played a fretless bass for 25 years in a Jazz Quartet (Definition: Three Musicians and a Drummer)

Edited by Saswick (02/11/12 11:55 PM)

#339453 - 02/12/12 12:54 AM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: Saswick]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks, Col.
Looks as if you and I are the only ones around this time of night.
I know a Skiffle style on Yamaha arranger can be used to play Lay Down Sally and Garden Party. That's the extent of my knowledge of skiffle!
I'm gonna skiffle off to bed now, it's nearly 3 a.m. Cajun Time.
DonM

#339456 - 02/12/12 01:40 AM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: Dnj]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
If I offended anyone I sincerely apologize. Take care..

Not at all Donny. I was just pointing out that there are different production styles used. But of course harmony generally is applied like you mentioned to enhance choruses with background singers.

#339466 - 02/12/12 07:21 AM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: 124]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
All us, er, more mature (well, in theory) blokes started off in skiffle groups. Great days. Anyone who could manage two or three chords or plunk away on a tea-chest bass (i.e., moi) was in a skiffle group, and most of us sort of graduated from there.

Like Col, I spent 9 years with an i30 and an ih harmoniser - not too shabby a set-up. And since Col wished more members would post summat, I have Mustang Sally done with the i30/ih combination. Just need to find out how to post the 'box' link.

Arrrrgh! Having problems separating the one song from the five that are on my Box page. How's it done?. I tried the 'get link to share' option and it brings up the whole page - and all the access/details stuff.

Edited by 124 (02/12/12 07:29 AM)

#339477 - 02/12/12 08:08 AM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: 124]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi 124

Select the song as if you were going to play it, look to the top right hand side of the screen, Under Sharing you will find link, click on link, a window appears where you can copy the link to the song.

Paste the link into your topic and Bobs your Uncle.

Col

#339491 - 02/12/12 10:54 AM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: Saswick]
124 Offline

Thanks, Col. I just tried that but it still opens up the whole folder and all my account details and stuff is accessible to the world. So I don't know what's going on.

Edited by 124 (02/12/12 10:57 AM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online