SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#33892 - 01/06/09 05:56 AM Re: KETRON SD2 EDITOR?????
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Thank you for your usefull help.

I read your information in your previous post, and this helps me to make it working.

I will send you a beta version

First you have to download the microsoft .net framework
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...&displaylang=en

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#33893 - 03/24/09 12:45 AM Re: KETRON SD2 EDITOR?????
jpapas Offline

Loc: Somewhere in CA
If this works, I'm getting me an SD2. Keep up the good work Dan.

#33894 - 03/24/09 07:40 AM Re: KETRON SD2 EDITOR?????
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
I'm alpha testing for this project, things are looking good to date, can't say when he'll be finished though, that's up to him.

Gotta make a list of suggestions for this week, most now are centered around the tonewheel organ and how to control it without touching a mouse if possible, plus sending Dan some presets for it that sound good and would be desirable to others to have. I'll be sending him that list in a day or two. The thing is that the settings I've always used on the real B3 don't necessarily translate directly to the SD2's internal tonewheel organ generator directly. Some need a bit of tweaking to sound authentic. That is taking some time here, but hey.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33895 - 03/24/09 08:57 AM Re: KETRON SD2 EDITOR?????
DAN.2000 Offline

Hi ! Thanks to your support.

Mac, I will send you a new version with more sound editing features for the SD2. (ADSR, filters, effects , LFOs...)

I also started to implement the aibility to play auto acompagniment styles like in hardware arrangers.

Question to everyone : How many $ should be a right price for you?

Dan

#33896 - 03/24/09 10:10 AM Re: KETRON SD2 EDITOR?????
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
I for one would like to see you offer TWO versions:

1) Basic Patch Selector for the SD2. No Auto-Accompaniment feature and offered at a lower pricepoint for the performing musician who just needs to access those patches in the fashion you have done.

2) Full Featured with AutoAccompaniment.

There is a need for both, I think. Guys like me don't typically want nor need autoaccompaniment but we do need access to the SD2 sounds in the organized fashion you are doing.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33897 - 03/24/09 12:18 PM Re: KETRON SD2 EDITOR?????
leezone Offline

"I also started to implement the aibility to play auto acompagniment styles like in hardware arrangers."

DAN, can you elaborate,,,
you mean have the software play SD5 styles via computer, no SD5, just SD2 ??

#33898 - 03/24/09 12:43 PM Re: KETRON SD2 EDITOR?????
DAN.2000 Offline

Exactly.

Dan

#33899 - 03/24/09 01:01 PM Re: KETRON SD2 EDITOR?????
leezone Offline

DAN

i would be very interested...

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 03-24-2009).]

#33900 - 03/26/09 09:41 AM Re: KETRON SD2 EDITOR?????
sm7x7 Offline

Hey DAN!

I'm a new happy owner of SD2, and can't wait for even the weakest and buggiest beta of your software ) How it's going? How's the progress?

#33901 - 03/31/09 05:01 AM Re: KETRON SD2 EDITOR?????
DAN.2000 Offline

Hi,

Here some news.

I started to implement the auto accompagniment functionnality. My software can read Yamaha styles. played with the Ketron SD2 sounds.

Because yamaha styles are recorded to be played with yamaha sounds, the final result need some adjustment, to play well with SD2.

I am developping a way to make the adjustements for you. You just load a style, and it sound well with the SD2.

After this long developping period, working with the yamaha style format, I start to realise what wonderful feature, if I can play the Ketron paterns with the SD2.

That way, the Ketron SD2 will become a full amazing arranger to play live (and to have fun...)

I tried converted styles from Ketron to Yamaha with StyleWorks, but it was not sounding good as the original.

So, I started to break my brain on the Ketron format. It's very hard to understand how ketron styles are binary coded, but after many days, I can say that I surrely be able to play Natively Ketron styles .... with every params well tuned (effects, volumes, sounds...)

I have an SD1. So I am working with Ketron SD1 styles. (I will look at SD5 styles later, who is the same sound engine than SD2)

For Alpha testing, please send e your email address.

Dan

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online