SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#338150 - 01/30/12 01:55 PM Doo Wiop Shoo Bee Doo?
Dnj Offline

Is anyone really using these voices to play a song.....? confused1
aside from some jazz tunes I don't see where this fits in...
I love the sound of the T4 but if I had one IO would never use these doo bee doo things, they scare me surprised ....just my personal opinion.

#338151 - 01/30/12 02:02 PM Re: Doo Wiop Shoo Bee Doo? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj

I love the sound of the T4 but if I had one IO would never use these doo bee doo things, they scare me surprised ....just my personal opinion.

Their use is directly proportional to the amount of creativity in the player.

They scare you?

You scare pretty easy, Donny.

Ian

PS...there are quite a few types, abnd they do sound pretty good behind real vocals, I hear. Again, just like anything else (multipads etc), it will depend on user's imagination.

#338152 - 01/30/12 02:05 PM Re: Doo Wiop Shoo Bee Doo? [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Ian they just sound so karaokingly hokey sorry. bounce
I wish they would have spent the R&D money on a better VH unit instead, & a joystick instead of a wheel... Im trying to love the T4 but I take 3 steps forward and 4 steps back....for my needs..

#338154 - 01/30/12 02:12 PM Re: Doo Wiop Shoo Bee Doo? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

I wish they would have spent the R&D money on a better VH unit instead, & a joystick instead of a wheel... Im trying to love the T4 but I take 3 steps forward and 4 steps back....for my needs..

Donny, they sell every Tyros4 they make, so they are doing something right...in fact, it is rumored T4 sold more units than T3 and T2 together.

You may not agree with Yamaha's decisions, but you can't argue with their success.

Ian

PS...I don't think you'll buy a Tyros4 Donny...the mighty T4 is just not for you. Close the book, turn out the light. wink

PSS...I love the wheels...just like the classic MiniMoog, and many other landmark synths...perfect for my needs...joystick modulation can't be left on as it is spring loaded...not good for my needs.

#338155 - 01/30/12 02:21 PM Re: Doo Wiop Shoo Bee Doo? [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Donny, they sell every Tyros4 they make, so they are doing something right...in fact, it is rumored T4 sold more units than T3 and T2 together.

You may not agree with Yamaha's decisions, but you can't argue with their success.

Ian

PS...I don't think you'll buy a Tyros4 Donny.

PSS...I love the wheels...just like the classic MiniMoog, and many other landmark synths...perfect for my needs...joystick modulation can't be left on as it is spring loaded...not good for my needs.

YOU never know what I'll do Ian...but I know one thing ....what ever I play will sound great somehow some way as I look back in my picture albums It's amazing how many different Kb's I have performed with thru the years, but the music is successful always. I enjoy a Joystick better, great for guitars, etc,... I remember years ago in an interim period I borrowed Frans Casio WK3000 76 to take on a gig hooked to a Midjay lol.. keys rotfl

#338156 - 01/30/12 02:28 PM Re: Doo Wiop Shoo Bee Doo? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

YOU never know what I'll do Ian...but I know one thing ....what ever I play will sound great somehow some way as I look back in my picture albums It's amazing how many different Kb's I have performed with thru the years, but the music is successful always.

Well, Donny, you sure made that KMA sound pretty darn good (I haven't heard better), and I'm sure you could do the same with any instrument.

However, I just can't imagine you with a Tyros4. Maybe a Korg PA-3X? You like the Korg sound, styles, and OS.

Ian

PS...Is your S910 sold and gone??

#338157 - 01/30/12 02:33 PM Re: Doo Wiop Shoo Bee Doo? [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

YOU never know what I'll do Ian...but I know one thing ....what ever I play will sound great somehow some way as I look back in my picture albums It's amazing how many different Kb's I have performed with thru the years, but the music is successful always.

Well, Donny, you sure made that KMA sound pretty darn good (I haven't heard better), and I'm sure you could do the same with any instrument.

However, I just can't imagine you with a Tyros4. Maybe a Korg PA-3X? You like the Korg sound, styles, and OS.

Ian

Yes to tough choices each have things they other doesn't...
in the end I have to weigh the plus & minus. Would have been an easy choice until I started to hear rumors of Yamaha releasing some new offerings this coming summer.... I know one thing any KB without a VOC processor is not on my list at this time..

#338159 - 01/30/12 02:39 PM Re: Doo Wiop Shoo Bee Doo? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

I know one thing any KB without a VOC processor is not on my list at this time..

Donny, don't you have an external Vocal processor?

Did you sell that as well?

Ian

#338161 - 01/30/12 02:54 PM Re: Doo Wiop Shoo Bee Doo? [Re: Dnj]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I actually use the Gospel Hmmmm voices for the breakdown in Elvis Presley suspicious minds @ 1:47 in this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBmAPYkPeYU

Drives the Audience nuts; they love it!

I would LOVE to get those Yodeling voices for my own personal enjoyment!! hahaha It cracks me up everytime I hear them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8m7BZaNRug&feature=player_embedded

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#338165 - 01/30/12 03:10 PM Re: Doo Wiop Shoo Bee Doo? [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

I know one thing any KB without a VOC processor is not on my list at this time..

Donny, don't you have an external Vocal processor?

Did you sell that as well?

Ian

I either sing thru the S910 or thru my Mackie Pro Fx8 mixer ...I sold all my VH units Digitech VR/ Harmony M, etc..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online