SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#340528 - 02/22/12 10:53 AM Re: Bose L1 Compact System [Re: Bill Norrie]
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway
Hi ! You will find the Bose L1 compact very good for all venues. I play in homes of all sizes and room shapes and never found the sound other than wonderful. Set the Bose 3foot back from your keyboard and 3foot to the side. What you hear is what it sounds lile at the back of the room. I paid £870. So easy to set up. I do not miss the stereo at all.

#340543 - 02/22/12 01:22 PM Re: Bose L1 Compact System [Re: roger brandon bradbury]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Roger,
Thanks for your comment - much appreciated smile

I've done one gig so far with my Bose Compact and the sound was GREAT. The gig was in a nursing home and it was quite a large community room. I positioned it more or less as you suggest and left the KN7000 internal speakers on. The Bose system produces the best sound I have heard from my keyboard and believe me, I've tried a wide variety of other amplification systems and none of them come close!!
I paid a little more for my system - £899 but it's worth every penny......
Anyone else looking for a reasonably priced superb addition to your keyboard (not just the KN7000) - Go For It !!

#340547 - 02/22/12 01:50 PM Re: Bose L1 Compact System [Re: Bill Norrie]

Hi Bill,Had my Bose from May.2010. I put a jack in the headphone socket to mute the onboard sound as this helps me control the room sound. I use the onboard EQ as I do not want to distort the sound. Another tip Bill, I always have a spair set of leads from the Bose to the keyboard as a back up. Bose set at 1pm and keyboard 11am. Best wishes. Roger

#340589 - 02/23/12 01:40 AM Re: Bose L1 Compact System [Re: Bill Norrie]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bill, I am happy to see that the Bose Compact is doing a great job for you; two great units Kn7000 and a the Bose Compact hard to beat.

Roger, If I remember correctly there is a way to turn off the Kn7000 speakers off internally so that you do not use the headphone socket. From my understanding the headphone socket should not be used in that manner.

John C.

#340596 - 02/23/12 03:30 AM Re: Bose L1 Compact System [Re: bruno123]

whoops !!! Thank you

#340598 - 02/23/12 03:53 AM Re: Bose L1 Compact System [Re: roger brandon bradbury]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I don't think any damage will result from just inserting a dummy plug into the KN7000 headphone socket, however, if you wish to be absolutely correct, you could make a dummy load to simulate headphones, by fitting two resistors of about 10 Ohms between the pins of the Jack Plug. One resistor between sleeve and tip and the other between sleeve and ring. Alternatively, you could just plug in a set of headphones but not use them !!

The method John mentioned to mute the internal speakers is :

Press Program Menus > Sound > OFF - (Exit x 3) this will mute the Internal Speakers and the Headphone output. A reminder that the 'Monitor is Off' will appear at the top of the 'Home' screen. This setting is not retained through a power down, so you will have to reset every time you switch on - not quite so convenient as the 'Jack Plug' method...... wink

If you don't feel able to make the dummy jack plug, and still wish to use this method, let me know and I'll make one up for you.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online