SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#33682 - 07/15/08 02:03 PM XD3 Display Acting Funny ? Anyone
leezone Offline

anyone know what may be happening, why? and how to fix?

my display many times, goes darker, lighter, all by itself, seems problem with contrast,

but when i apply pressure to lower right of screen, the problem goes away, then comes back again in a few minutes.

and so on, this makes it hard to play live as half teh time it's hard to see screen,

any ideas?

#33683 - 07/15/08 05:06 PM Re: XD3 Display Acting Funny ? Anyone
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
From your description it sounds like a bad internal connection somewhere, could be a cold solder joint also.
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33684 - 07/16/08 03:30 PM Re: XD3 Display Acting Funny ? Anyone
gittzit Offline

Loc: Benton Ar
My xd3 did that and a friend had one like that. He sent his back to ketron and they fixed it. Mine I just took the wheel for contras and worked it back and forth for several time and it is doing fine now. I think the contacts get moisture in it and working it back and fourth cleared it up. I could thump the top of xd3 and it would stop for a while.

#33685 - 07/16/08 06:36 PM Re: XD3 Display Acting Funny ? Anyone
leezone Offline

ive had my xd3 for a while
and i bought it off ebay,
so this has got to be a few years old, maybe over 5 years...

you think Ketron would take this in and fix it? would it not be out of warranty?

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online