SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#336560 - 01/18/12 04:27 PM "Test drive" SD styles in Audya Style Compiler?
gruhs Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
Awhile back someone said SD styles could be played in the Audya Style Compiler... how? I'm trying to play some of the SD styles from the Ketron download page to see what they sound like but the compiler does not recognize them. Years ago there was a simple player available for free download that folks used to listen to styles being passed around so you didn't have to actually go to the trouble of loading them in your equipment and then finding out you didn't care for them... go to be something out there...

Edited by gruhs (01/18/12 04:54 PM)

#336605 - 01/19/12 01:45 AM Re: "Test drive" SD styles in Audya Style Compiler? [Re: gruhs]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Maybe I am missing something, but I downloaded all the styles onto pen drive as sets. I auditioned directly from that drive plugged into my Audya and copied to like folders in "User Styles"
as a new folder to keep track of the new.

Bernie

#336619 - 01/19/12 06:17 AM Re: "Test drive" SD styles in Audya Style Compiler? [Re: Bernie9]
gruhs Offline

Hi Bernie, that sounds like a easy fast way to try them. I guess I'm just scared to try plugging things into the unit and then doing something wrong causing a problem. I doubt I'd find anything better than what's in there anyway but I'm always curious how some would sound. Have you found any worth saving/using in the Audya? I have had several Solton/Ketron products over the years but I missed the "SD" era.

#336633 - 01/19/12 07:48 AM Re: "Test drive" SD styles in Audya Style Compiler? [Re: gruhs]
Bernie9 Offline

Naw, that is what the machine is made for. Try plugging a stick with some styles on it, to your USB front port. Press engine and it will show up as an ext. drive.. Go to a style with your cursor and press enter. You should be loaded and ready to go.

#336645 - 01/19/12 08:58 AM Re: "Test drive" SD styles in Audya Style Compiler? [Re: Bernie9]
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
All SD styles can be played on Audya directly from stick or if you load them to Audya HD.
Terible is cos Style compiler dont recognize that styles except SD5 styles.
That is anather "flower"from Ketron....

#336687 - 01/19/12 02:43 PM Re: "Test drive" SD styles in Audya Style Compiler? [Re: Dusan]
gruhs Offline

Dusan & Bernie, yep it works. Took 4 or 5 down to the Audya (my Audya is downstairs and the puter is upstairs) and tried them out, no problem, thanks. Just a quick first go at it tends to confirm they don't hold a candle to what comes in the Audya but maybe if they were tweaked a little some might be worth having loaded into the Audya... time will tell :-)

#336766 - 01/20/12 02:32 AM Re: "Test drive" SD styles in Audya Style Compiler? [Re: gruhs]
Bernie9 Offline

Happy you took the plunge and succeeded.

Of course, it is all very subjective, but I found a lot of the new styles very good and improved. Don't be too quick to dismiss them as inferior(IMO).

Bernie

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online