SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#33648 - 06/18/08 09:06 AM Re: Question: Cable SD1 - PC
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
That cable is set up for a hardware handshake (CTS/RTS) on a serial port.

It may be that XP is instead set up for using Xon/Xoff handshake.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33649 - 06/19/08 03:01 PM Re: Question: Cable SD1 - PC
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Rob,
could it be the driver you're using doesn't run with XP??

When I swapped my win98 laptop ( with serial port) for my Dell Xp which only had USB, I had to get a serial/USb interface.
I also switched to a Yamaha driver.

Can't remember if it was wholly & soley to do with USB or may have also been that the original driver I had for win98 didn't support XP.

I don't use the setup anymore as I mainly play my PA800 nowadays. My memory is a bit rusty on how it all came about.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Robbe52:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#33650 - 06/21/08 04:17 PM Re: Question: Cable SD1 - PC
Robbe52 Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello,
first of all: thank you for your advice.
I knew of course, that it couldn't be an XP-problem. My laptop has XP installed, and it works well with the SD5, so it must be a configuration problem. Didn't find out so far, but I keep on trying.
Robert

[This message has been edited by Robbe52 (edited 06-21-2008).]

#33651 - 06/26/08 06:48 AM Re: Question: Cable SD1 - PC
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
http://home.no.net/viocaia/sd2pc.gif

Here is the schematic I've used.It's a difference beteween the other one posted before by Gunnar.That one doesn't aloud midi comunication.At least to my ex/SD1.This one works perfect both file transfer and midi interface.
Hope it helps,
No

#33652 - 06/26/08 06:51 AM Re: Question: Cable SD1 - PC
viocaia Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by viocaia:
http://home.no.net/viocaia/sd2pc.gif

Here is the schematic I've used.It's a difference beteween the other one posted before by Gunnar.That one doesn't aloud midi comunication.At least to my ex/SD1.This one works perfect both file transfer and midi interface.
Hope it helps,
Vio www.viocaia.tk

#33653 - 06/28/08 01:45 AM Re: Question: Cable SD1 - PC
Robbe52 Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello Vio,
thanks for your schematic. I had the time to solder your suggestion for the cable only today - and it worked instantly with my PC. So I'm glad, that I didn't have to take my PC apart to find out about the configuration problem - let alone to reinstall XP.
I have to perform today with my MS100, as I mainly apply midis, and I couldn't adapt all of them to the SD5. So I have to obey my wife, who tried and critized, and I had to confirm. Hopefully I will be ready till next weekend.
BTW - some MS100-sounds seem to be superior to the SD5 - maybe it's just because one is used to a certain sound so I don't even know whether to keep the SD5 or to stay with the MS100. Everybody knows, that if you're tweaking sounds for hours you won't hear anything anymore, and if you listen to it the next day, you hear garbage and have to start all over again...

[This message has been edited by Robbe52 (edited 06-28-2008).]

#33654 - 06/29/08 07:33 AM Re: Question: Cable SD1 - PC
viocaia Offline

Hey!
Nice to hear you solved the problem.
You know...the best keyboard is the one you have!I.ve passed thru Roland.Korg.Ketron SD1 and now Im using Midjay.I really know what means tweaking midis from a sistem to another...even from SD1 to Midjay.I bought this little beast last sept and I still tweaking.But its nice about mp3 and wave
player so I can do whatever in the studio and use that on stage.Great!!!
Good luck and tell your wife to be pacient couse like Alan Jackson song ...we are.. Work in Progress!!

#33655 - 07/26/08 09:54 AM Re: Question: Cable SD1 - PC
don1324 Offline

Loc: Indian Harbour Beach, FL, USA
I have the Ketron cable, but no serial port on my PC. Will any serial:USB converter work with the KetronFT program?

#33656 - 07/29/08 09:36 AM Re: Question: Cable SD1 - PC
viocaia Offline

Hey!
I bought a very cheap one from Ebay, it's working with no problem.Any USB to seriell should do the task.
Vio

#33657 - 07/29/08 11:29 AM Re: Question: Cable SD1 - PC
don1324 Offline

Loc: Indian Harbour Beach, FL, USA
Thanks. I'll try it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online