SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#335985 - 01/12/12 03:51 PM Re: can you lock the manual bass on pa3x? [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave you can edit the factory styles. Maybe that would be an option.
Don

#335986 - 01/12/12 03:59 PM Re: can you lock the manual bass on pa3x? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yes, that's possible, but the factory styles are pretty well matched within the arranger styles. I like Korg's choices with all their canned instrumentation, but when I am in manual bass mode - all the accompaniment tracks are silent and I just use the drums. I'll need both a think ... unless a workaround surfaces. I doubt that Korg will allow it though - it'd be like Lincoln/Mercury allowing a custom order of a Town Car in Lime green. (yuk) Ford wouldn't want their name in that one!

#336017 - 01/12/12 11:04 PM Re: can you lock the manual bass on pa3x? [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Uncle Dave,
reason I suggested using user styles, is that I don't like overwriting factory data.
If you wanted to take protection off, this may work for you.
On Style Play page
Pick the style , ( make sure tab is set to volume & you can see instruments for all 8 tracks)
change the bass,
write as Current Style Settings
Whatever variation etc you choose will have your bass.
Now, when you want to play it as a full style with original instruments
Top R/H corner "Original Style Sounds" make sure there's a brown dot. When that's on, you get the original sound, when you touch it , it's off & you get your Bass sounds.

I've done it with a user style as I don't want to take protection off. Can't see why it shouldn't work if you do.
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I would LOVE to be able to lock my favorite manual bass into the "manual bass" section, instead of it always defaulting to the bass chosen by the style.
Anyone ever done this?
So far as I can tell, I'd have to rewrite every pattern to have the new bass sound in it, and that would be counterproductive for when I play the style WITH the auto bass.
Thanx!

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336120 - 01/13/12 07:06 PM Re: can you lock the manual bass on pa3x? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Woah, girl!!!!
I never thought of that - it just might be the easiest way to do this! Thanx!
d

#336126 - 01/13/12 08:10 PM Re: can you lock the manual bass on pa3x? [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Good Luck Uncle Dave,
make sure you do a complete back up of your system first, so that you can reload if needs be.
I personally never take off the protection.
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Woah, girl!!!!
I never thought of that - it just might be the easiest way to do this! Thanx!
d

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online