SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#336281 - 01/16/12 02:59 AM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
don't know if I've misunderstood, each percussion intrument has it's loop?

I've only used pre recorded loops where all the drums are on a single track, so it only uses a few megs.

One of my favourites though, was a simple brush swish pattern
( percussion track )to which I added additional midi drums on on the drum track. The brush loop just sounded so much better than a midi brush pattern.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336282 - 01/16/12 03:31 AM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Yes rikki
Real percussionist in latin rhythms play a lot of noises into their instruments (could you imagine Michael Jackson without all those vocal percussions???). If you use a loop with the entire perc set you loose all that nuances. When you need a break, or stop, or anything else it sounds real. If not in this way, sounds as chopped as in Audya.
I tried this since my Tyros2, but abandoned becuase it takes almost an hour to load the 500+ meg
In Tyros4 is right at the boot up. Sounds amazing good!! But I try to not depend on it because is still RAM

#336283 - 01/16/12 03:35 AM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Oh another question:
Does PA3X allows to transpose the bass only in the styles and assign a playing range? i think the bass in PA3X (at least in the few demos and videos I heard) sounds to high in register. These days a 5 string bass is so familiar and GOOD (I´m a bassist myself) and desirable for dance music (including of course latin)

What do you think?
Audya does it, perhaps is part of the difference??
Jo

#336306 - 01/16/12 10:33 AM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Jose,

I think that you will need to create your own styles or modify the ones from the keyboard to your liking.
Look like that any of arrangers styles in the market today can satisfy your requirements.

#336321 - 01/16/12 12:27 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Jose,
in style edit, you can transpose the bass, you can also set a range for it to play in.
In style play mode, you can set a Wrap around for each of the instruments.

Originally Posted By: Jose Pereira
Oh another question:
Does PA3X allows to transpose the bass only in the styles and assign a playing range? i think the bass in PA3X (at least in the few demos and videos I heard) sounds to high in register. These days a 5 string bass is so familiar and GOOD (I´m a bassist myself) and desirable for dance music (including of course latin)

What do you think?
Audya does it, perhaps is part of the difference??
Jo

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336344 - 01/16/12 04:17 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Jose,
you know if you really need so much variety in your percussion track, you've got the 6 cv's to play around with, for each of the variations. Whenever you play one of 6 different chord types you could have a minor variation in the track.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336346 - 01/16/12 04:52 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Hi Rikki
Yes, the CV looks very, very interesting, but can´t imagine all the work it needs for programming. Oh well, I´m trying to find somebody, somewhere I can try this keyboard or a place where I can purchase and have a returning policy. Is the only way in order to made a decision

Best Regards
Jo

#336363 - 01/16/12 07:04 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Jose,
not necessarily.

I tried some weird experiment with my PA800 a couple of years ago.
And if you're interested I could give it a try with the PA3x.
The tracks are basically independant. So, provided you have the right key & chord setting for the track, the chord recognition will play it back correctly in style play mode.

Basically my cv1 was based on cmaj7th chord. The tracks were set to trigger no matter what chord type I played
maj , min. 7th whatever It was a fairly basic style so it worked with all the chord types I needed.
Next up , just say for argument sake I wanted variety in the percussion track. I just needed to copy cv1 to the rest of the cv's, alter the percussion tracks, set up the chord types that triggered the various cv's.
Originally Posted By: Jose Pereira
Hi Rikki
Yes, the CV looks very, very interesting, but can´t imagine all the work it needs for programming. Oh well, I´m trying to find somebody, somewhere I can try this keyboard or a place where I can purchase and have a returning policy. Is the only way in order to made a decision

Best Regards
Jo

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online