SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#336188 - 01/14/12 04:07 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Jose,
the only 2 new styles you're asking about, are Classic salsa & Classic merengue.
The salsa & merengue styles that I haven't listed are identical to the ones in the PA800.

I only gave you the list of styles that I think are brand new or have had some sort of change. The ones I didn't list in those 2 genres are still the same.

Anyway I'll record them , just email me where to send.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336194 - 01/14/12 06:08 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi Rikki, sorry for the delay, I was working
If you donīt mind I would like to hear any styles with salsa and merengue in its names.
Please send it to

jomartinspiano@gmail.com

THANKS A LOT!!!

Best Regards
Jo

#336197 - 01/14/12 09:33 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
JO, there are only five styles with Salsa or Merengue in the name.
I will record and post them if that will help.
DonM

#336198 - 01/14/12 10:14 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
DonM Offline

O.K. I recorded them using the onboard MP3 recorder, directly to USB drive, then transferred to PC and uploaded to the "hidden" PA3X folder on my website.
I identified which variations were playing, but the vocal could have been a little louder.
Here is the link.
http://donmasonmusic.com/PA3X/

#336219 - 01/15/12 03:34 AM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Don, Thanks a lot for the MP3. Finally I can hear some of this styles
To be honest, they donīt differ so much from PA2X, still sounding too fake and unrealistic BUT, the sounds are there.

If I buy a PA3X I will have a LOT of work to do...

Is it me or the PA3X sounds thin, lacking bass frequencies? The drums still sounds a little synthetic, not much different than Tyros4. Yes, the styles are much lively and less repetitive than Tyros but sonically not much different. Don, which were your previus keyboard, how do you compare to pa3x?
Thanks Again!!
Jo

#336221 - 01/15/12 06:44 AM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Jose Pereira
Don, Thanks a lot for the MP3. Finally I can hear some of this styles
To be honest, they donīt differ so much from PA2X, still sounding too fake and unrealistic BUT, the sounds are there.

If I buy a PA3X I will have a LOT of work to do...

Is it me or the PA3X sounds thin, lacking bass frequencies? The drums still sounds a little synthetic, not much different than Tyros4. Yes, the styles are much lively and less repetitive than Tyros but sonically not much different. Don, which were your previus keyboard, how do you compare to pa3x?
Thanks Again!!
Jo

Joese....only the Audya will give you what you need regarding your assessment above. have you played one yet?

#336222 - 01/15/12 07:27 AM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I agree with DNJ

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#336224 - 01/15/12 07:29 AM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
I agree with DNJ

Latin = Audya

#336225 - 01/15/12 07:41 AM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Hi Dnj
Yes!! I purchased previusly my tyros4, an Audya 76 new (coming from a tyros2) and it sounded awsome but unpractical: I do a lot of "breaks" with start - syncstop engaged and the auido waves doesnīt respond as quick as needed, sounded choped, even a midi cymbal could disguise this but no luck... and then the unpredictable behavior: freezes, sounds that stoped playing, etc. etc. A great machine concept but still in its beginings... Sorry, i loved the sound but for a person that depends on a everyday keyboard, this isnīt.
Tyros4 had worked perfectly, BUT, to me, still sounds hollow, out of phase, repetitive, BORING... I have the Yamaha premium saxes and trombone which are excellent and I have programed a few styles myself (real salsa and merengue using real deal samples) but is incredible: real sounds doesnīt merge well with internal voices. I have authentic percussions (also loops recycled that I placed in Tyros flash ram) but when mixed with internal drums and bass, forget it, donīt blend!! I put all sounds (bass and drums) sampled by myself and sound AWSOME REAL, but I donīt want to depend on a flash ram card, those fail too, at any time!!!
As you see, this isnīt easy.
Also, Iīm a pianist first. I hate 61 keys, so the Tyros desperate me more!!
God!! I really hope a good arranger comes in the Horizont... (Roland, hello??)

I really appreciate all your help. By the way, the music that I WANT to play everyday is Smooth Jazz!! But not such luck...
Regards
Jo

PS hereīs me playing with a salsa style I programed in tyros2 and did a backing track with it. The piano sound is tyros2 too Autumn Leaves in Salsa style

#336227 - 01/15/12 09:06 AM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
DonM Offline

I think that nothing sounds as good as the Audya, as far as sounding live. I'm still working on my sound with the PA3X, but I think I will get there.
I have owned Audya, several Rolands, including BK7m, G70, E80 and E50, most all Yamahas, and others from all brands.
I like the size and weight of the PA3X, as compared to Audya, and even Tyros (in this case, size more than weight).
The Korg has great vocal harmonizer and Songbook feature.
I love the sounds and styles of the BK7m, but there are some drawbacks to it, as with everything.
If it turns out the PA3X doesn't suit me, then I will most likely go to an Audya 5. I love having a joystick very close to my left hand, as the PA has, and as the controller for my BK has.
Of all the arrangers, Audya has best Latin styles (also best and most country-western styles).
The Audya is a little heavier, and the fact remains that in the U.S., if it breaks, only AJ can repair it, and that means shipping it away for a length of time. I've had great luck with mine and it did not need any repairs, but that is not the case universally. I sold it because of the weight and location of the pitch bend wheels primarily.
The bottom line is all the current, and even not-so-current, models are wonderful and you can make wonderful music with all or any of them. It's just a matter of finding the best fit for you personally.
DonM

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online