SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#335928 - 01/12/12 11:13 AM Just listen to this
Tony Hughes Offline

Yes played on an arranger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtqRwNPGl74&feature=related

Think I may still keep mine, now guys thats what I call a demo!
I don't think there is another arranger on the market that sounds like that, I know it's not everyones cup of tea!! You need all the 76 keys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JV3Ik0CTRs&feature=related

And more
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#335940 - 01/12/12 12:06 PM Re: Just listen to this [Re: Tony Hughes]
tyroschuck Offline

Loc: Downey, CA, US
Thanks Tony

chuck

#336038 - 01/13/12 06:36 AM Re: Just listen to this [Re: tyroschuck]
Tony Hughes Offline

OK Tyroschuck just me and you on SZ with some taste, playing a piece like this would be beyond most people, sounds like a full pipe organ, never mind I did think twice about posting it, it will drop of the end now, more important things to grind on about on SZ, like toy arrangers.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#336048 - 01/13/12 08:14 AM Re: Just listen to this [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Nice one Tony...definitely sounds like a full pipe organ.

Great playing as well.

Ian

#336049 - 01/13/12 08:19 AM Re: Just listen to this [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (01/13/12 08:22 AM)

#336051 - 01/13/12 08:27 AM Re: Just listen to this [Re: ianmcnll]
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Great stuff Tony.. nicely done.

I gotta admit I really liked the Audya I demoed back at Frankieve's place last summer. The only unfortunate thing was that Frank wasn't there that day and I didn't get to meet him. I was in the process of upgrading from The Tyros 2 and I played both the T4 and the Audya that day. I liked both a lot, but I didn't feel I'd be gaining enough by going from the T2 to the T4 and I quickly eliminated it from consideration. Drums and styles seemed improved but not enough that it mattered to me personally.

Instead I went in a completely different direction and got a PA800 and since the journey I had with the display issue I upgraded to the PA3x with no regrets. Still.. if I had an extra 4 grand + laying around and/or my wife wouldn't throw me out ... I would love to own an Audya. Lovely sounding board...

#336052 - 01/13/12 08:27 AM Re: Just listen to this [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Yep Donny,

This guy has started to post a lot of Audya, hes good.

Tony

#336055 - 01/13/12 08:33 AM Re: Just listen to this [Re: Bluezplayer]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Bluezplayer
Great stuff Tony.. nicely done.

I gotta admit I really liked the Audya I demoed back at Frankieve's place last summer. The only unfortunate thing was that Frank wasn't there that day and I didn't get to meet him. I was in the process of upgrading from The Tyros 2 and I played both the T4 and the Audya that day. I liked both a lot, but I didn't feel I'd be gaining enough by going from the T2 to the T4 and I quickly eliminated it from consideration. Drums and styles seemed improved but not enough that it mattered to me personally.

Instead I went in a completely different direction and got a PA800 and since the journey I had with the display issue I upgraded to the PA3x with no regrets. Still.. if I had an extra 4 grand + laying around and/or my wife wouldn't throw me out ... I would love to own an Audya. Lovely sounding board...

I like the looks of the pa3x

Tony

#336057 - 01/13/12 08:34 AM Re: Just listen to this [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Yep,

This guy has started to post a lot of Audya, hes good.

Tony

I would say the Audya has the most "REAL LIVE" sound out of Any arranger KB on the market....after playing one at the Lab with AJ last year I really have appreciation for this unit...if the price comes down a bit I could be in the market for the 61..although I use a S910 every day on my gigs little by little I'm growing bored with the CD compressed Yamaha sound & UN-usable VH & might be time to move on since Yamaha hasn't shown something new on the horizon in a MOTl unit at all.....time will tell.

Edited by Dnj (01/13/12 08:36 AM)

#336059 - 01/13/12 08:45 AM Re: Just listen to this [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

OK Tyroschuck just me and you on SZ with some taste, playing a piece like this would be beyond most people, sounds like a full pipe organ, never mind I did think twice about posting it, it will drop of the end now, more important things to grind on about on SZ, like toy arrangers.

Tony, do you have any interest in Korg's PA-50SD based microArranger?

Great idea for Korg to stick a mini-keyboard on an older platform (Yamaha did that quite some time ago, in 1985, with the DX-100)...certainly gave the old PA-50 SD a new lease on life. Time will tell if these things will be keepers or simply a fad.

Ian

#336062 - 01/13/12 08:50 AM Re: Just listen to this [Re: Tony Hughes]
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I also like the Looks of the PA3x very much Tony. I'm enjoying it as much as anything I ever have had. I agree with Donny though too. The Audya styles were really pleasing to me. I think in the end I chose the PA800 ( and eventually PA3x ) mostly because of my familiarity with the Korg OS and my appreciation for the layout and ability to tweak and modify the board and the sounds. I got the impression ( correct or maybe not ) that the Audya doesn't have the same editing abilities. That said, from my short time with it I walked away thinking it is a really great sounding board, one that I would gladly own.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online