SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#335865 - 01/11/12 04:06 PM Korg PA3X vs Yamaha Tyros 4
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
I can get both at a great deal... within $400 of each other.

I currently use my Motif ES7 to trigger sequeces and to play along. I play piano to support my wife's singing, too. Then I use a Sonar VS-100 to playback other tracks I produced on past workstations or my new Motif XF. I record all of those tracks to .WAV and store them on a SD card and backup those tracks onto both an iPod Touch and my iPhone. For vocal harmonies, I use the Roland VP-770.

I can see myself using either the Korg or the Yamaha. I would like to have a "playlist" or "Setlist" fucntion. Is the songbook like this on the Korg? I would love to have the keyboard create a file with a list of songs, styles, sounds in the order I choose. Load or select the file... then you have the things you need in the order for your show, from 12 changes up to 99.

I've had 2 PSR-3000's, a PSR-S900 and a Tyros 2... I always went back to the workstation and separate vocal harmony solution. Now with the upgraded VH2 on the Tyros and the TC Helicon on the Korg, it's time to re-think an arranger with mp3/WAV capabilities.

I would love to hear your opinions!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#335876 - 01/11/12 05:45 PM Re: Korg PA3X vs Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: shueymusic]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Jonathan,

It's going to come down to your personal taste, but I will say I absolutely LOVE the Flash Ram in the Tyros 4. I have 25 sample voices loaded and the T4 starts up from a power on in like 10 seconds.

And OOOOOoooohhhh those sounds.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#335903 - 01/12/12 07:05 AM Re: Korg PA3X vs Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: shueymusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I LOVE the PA3x ... it has 4GB of flash ram that they call a HD, and you can add your own USB stick. Key feel is awesome, layout is beautiful, sounds are outtasite, SMF/MP3/CD-G player is so cool .... it's my favorite kb to date, except my trusty Rhodes, but that's a different animal!

#335904 - 01/12/12 07:06 AM Re: Korg PA3X vs Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: shueymusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Forgot the best part - the TC harmonizer - AMAZING!

#335907 - 01/12/12 07:34 AM Re: Korg PA3X vs Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: shueymusic]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Tuff choice! Both are great keyboards… RH voices on the Tyros 4 are amazing. I would think Korg has the better vocal harmonizer. Styles are really good on both. It’s a matter of taste.

Good luck!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#335909 - 01/12/12 07:42 AM Re: Korg PA3X vs Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: kbrkr]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Jonathan,

It's going to come down to your personal taste, but I will say I absolutely LOVE the Flash Ram in the Tyros 4. I have 25 sample voices loaded and the T4 starts up from a power on in like 10 seconds.

And OOOOOoooohhhh those sounds.

WoooW UD is back.

Al you are on the money the rt voices of the T4 are the best IMO, as far as UD well he has been off radar and we don't konw what Pa3x he's got, but the Pa3x is very well built, metal case and some very very well set out bits, love the touch screen, got to be both for me on one stand. And monutoman you have it too, I think we all know the Korg vocalizer is tops. But according to the team the Korg Midi Arranger, is well, lets see.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online