SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#335032 - 12/31/11 01:22 PM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: abacus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I thought Leigh did a great job in the PA3XPro review, and it matches the opinion of several PA3Xpro owners and former owners (those that returned the product).

It appears Spalding is correct with the statement, "...the sounds of the korg have not progressed much further than the earlier keyboards..." and, again, the users I have spoken with, and conversed via email, are of a similar opinion.

That's not to mean the Korg is a bad instrument...au contraire; it is a wonderful sounding instrument with that typical Korgian sound that you either like a lot, or, not like so much.

I happen to like the sound, even though it tends to a be a bit synthetic compared to the competition, but, again, that's the nature of the sound's design.

Feature wise, it's ahead of some competitor's instruments, and behind in others...it depends on what features are most important to the user.

I'm sure most buyers will be happy with the product.

Ian

#335043 - 12/31/11 05:58 PM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: jazzhooves]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
got me intrigued.
How long do you guys actually get to spend with a keyboard before you decide it's great or mediocre.
Sadder still would be, if potential buyers decide yes or no based on someones review.

Originally Posted By: jazzhooves
Believe what you will...

If you think the keyboard is great, thats excellent - you are Korg's target audience and you will buy this keyboard and you will have lots of fun with it.

Jazzhooves is 100% independent, no connection to manufacturers. Someone makes a great product, it gets a great review, someone makes a bad product,... gets a bad review. It's simple. A review is a personal viewpoint and for me, there are better arrangers out there, including the Ketron.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#335046 - 12/31/11 07:23 PM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny
I have a strong feeling about that if you give Telmo a arrangerkeyboard, whatever brand, he will make it sound heavenly!

Cheers
GJ

I totally agree with you Johnny. It is all up to the talent of the musician. I think Telmo could make even a 10+ year old arranger sound exquisite.

#335051 - 01/01/12 01:02 AM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: rikkisbears]
124 Offline

Hi Rikki,

You're right, I'm sure there are those who will hand over a wad of cash just because some slick sales guy gave them the old waffle. I've trusted my ears for nigh on fifty years in this game and they've never let me down yet. I don't take anyone else's opinion - that's all it is, someone else's opinion. I buy and play what's right for me.

The people who do find value in these reviews are probably those with no prior experience of keyboards and, as such, reviews do have some value to them. Sales reps naturally will try to sway them to their own particular brand, but there's no substitute for one's own ears, and new buyers should pay attention their own.

I mean, you wouldn't buy a perfume just because someone else told you it was wonderful. Same with keyboards.

Nigel, you're on the money, too.

#335055 - 01/01/12 02:27 AM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Yes Nigel+Jonny I Agree with you both, the big difference with Telmo is he doesn't talk about how good he is, he shows you how good he is, a very sincere and gentle person , I doubt him having a bad bone in his body. Some of us could learn a lot from Telmo, me included. Telmo has been a member since 2005 and only 220 postings, he listens whislt others speak.

Happy New Year Telmo.

Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online