SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#334597 - 12/21/11 09:17 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Only six pounds and eight inches difference . . . to old men and pregnant women, that's a lot!
DonM

#334598 - 12/21/11 10:12 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Wanting the smaller footprint is not a compromise for me ... It might just be more important in the tight situations I sometimes play. The only thing hat would make this decision easier will be if the keys are not the same. George has said they feel the same, and while I trust his word ... I'd still have to try it for myself ... Just in case. The hard drive is something that can be substituted with a few USB sticks, and I don't really like the tilt screen anyway .... Just one more motor to break. I'm trying to make this decision based on past playing experiences, and its been years and years since I had a 76 key model I liked. (Yamaha 9000pro).

I'll put this out there for anyone interested - considering what I'll loose in return shipping, I'd need $3675 to recoup my cost including the slim Gator case that fits like a glove and has wheels. I'll pay the shipping to contiguous US, and I'll leave the 300+ CD-G karaoke files on the hard drive for you. These files are all mega hits and popular in many genres.
All I need to convince me is the grantee that the key feel is the same as the 76. Korgs site has had some anomalies regarding these models .... Even the size is misquoted in some posts. The width of the 76 is just under 47". A very trim 76, indeed.

I just think I'll always be a 61 kind of guy.

#334621 - 12/21/11 07:30 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

I just measured the case and tried to fit it in the back of my car (width-ways) - NO GO, soooo.....
it's going back. Unless someone here wants it as posted in the "For Sale" section. I will curse myself (and Fran) every time I try to load it in the car. I'm not ready to loose another seat to slide it in long-ways.
So, my mind is made up, and I'm starting the packing procedure tomorrow.

Just a FYI - it comes with additional software that loads 2 user banks with world patterns and real drums.
Overall, the drums in this unit sound AMAZING - even better then I remember.

Thanx for everyone's input - I guess I'll just have to play the waiting game now, and switch over whenever the new one arrives.

#334628 - 12/22/11 05:47 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
zuki Offline

UD, how do you load in the .kar files? Do you transfer them to a stick from a CD? Do they sound exactly like through a Kar machine, just curious. Currently, I can't afford your board or I'd buy it.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#334638 - 12/22/11 09:39 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Tony Hughes Offline

OH UD,

Have I missed something here or am I so bored I didn't read something earlier correctly, have you only just found out it won't go in your car would it not have been better to measure the car first, anyway I thought you guys all have big cars, it's taken us a lot tosh to get to this point, never mind we did it all like one big family, we’ve been hanging on your every word, have you ever thought of changing your car to a 76 note one. Come to think of it HD what would a 76 note car look like, a Hummer???

Tony BEEP BEEP
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#334664 - 12/22/11 06:11 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Tony, the keyboard will fit, but all the cases for it have an extra 5-6 inches for wheels and that is the difference. Grrrrr
My Ford Windstar seats 7 and all my gear fits behind the rear seat. That's part of the plan .... it has to fit.
Zuki - the Karaoke files live on the hard drive will all the other MP3 and smf files - you simply select and hit play. If you need the lyrics - you push the lyrics button. they are the professional audio CD-g files that you hear in the clubs.
The transfer was easy on the Korg - the hard drive mounts to my Mac with a USB cable and then, you drag and drop either direction. It's pretty smooth. If you wanted to, you could make a USB stick transfer too.

#334674 - 12/23/11 12:57 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Tony Hughes Offline

UD,

I think ergonomically the Pa3x is the best Kb on the market, it looks the part, real quality sliders and knobs, there is nothing comes anywhere near to it. I have an Audya as you know sit the two side by side and the Audya looks like a load of 10 year olds in school have put it together, people got so blown away with the sound they never looked at the product. I have not had a chance to play the Pa3x yet but I will in the New Year. The Audya is far too big for its boots, if you think the Pa3x is a lump and too long then dream on David. Ketron have not got the in-house technology to put together anything like the Pa3x and that’s the end of it. It just sound very good, close your eyes whilst you are playing the Audya, it’s like making love to an old women.

Have a nice Christmas, BTW are you doing the two coconuts thing when you have had a few to drink?
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#334684 - 12/23/11 07:44 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
zuki Offline

Thanks UD. Also, when recording, is it possible to overdub (music first, vocals afterwards) just on the PA3X itself? This way, I could unload my Boss 900CD.

Edited by zuki (12/23/11 07:44 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#334706 - 12/23/11 07:21 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: zuki]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: zuki
Thanks UD. Also, when recording, is it possible to overdub (music first, vocals afterwards) just on the PA3X itself? This way, I could unload my Boss 900CD.

Zuki,
You cand work around this if you re ord a midi sequence and play THAT back as you record your voice, but you can't add a track whilr an Audio file is being played. At least i don't THINK you can .... I still have much to learn about this beast.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online