SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#334563 - 12/20/11 07:50 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: George Kaye]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
JO, here's what the manual says:

Note: Ending 1 plays a short sequence with different chords, while
Ending 2 plays on the latest recognized chord. Ending 3 starts
immediately, and is just two measures long.

Hope this helps.
DonM

#334566 - 12/20/11 08:51 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Don
Yes, I already know it. The question is how is ending 3: A shot, a holding chord, a short frase, etc.
I´m looking for the simplest ending like yamaha´s ending 1: a simple chord hold (chords and bass, drums is kick and cymbal on first beat)
Is ending 3 on korg like this?
Jo

#334571 - 12/20/11 06:58 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Breaking news - I found out how big the hard drive is - it's 160GB. That just may be enough to sway me into keeping this 76 model. The 61 will give me more portability, but will only save me about $150 after I pay to ship this one back and get charged back for the free shipping TO me. I'm really going in circles about this - I drop the octave of my piano hand which renders everything below the lowest C or B almost useless anyway, so I'm just not sure if I want the extra real estate just for the hard drive. ( with USB sticks, it's almost a waste )
Anyone have thoughts on this? Heeeeeelp.......

#334572 - 12/20/11 07:19 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Well I have the Tyros 4 and I don't need any more keys OR the hard drive LOL I prefer to record directly to the USB stick. That said IF Yamaha had 8 Track audio Recording instead of two I would go for the Hard drive. Also if Samples could be loaded from the HD I would prefer one as well.

BTW I had a PA2x for about 4 months and sold it for the Tyros 3. I bought the Korg for the wrong reasons.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#334576 - 12/20/11 08:27 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Kingfrog]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave,

If I were in your shoes, I would go with the portability, sell the 76 to Don Mason and I think you'll be more than satisfied with the results.

Good Luck on whatever you decide upon,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#334577 - 12/20/11 08:28 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Jose Pereira]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Jose,
in most instances ending 3 is a short simple phrase, not a stop chord.
That would be the easist pattern to create if required.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#334578 - 12/20/11 09:11 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
for anyone who might be interested in korg style structure , here goes.
Onboard styles are set up in a particular way, but for those who may want to create user styles, and I don't necessarily mean from scratch, styles can be created from mix n matching onboard style tracks, you can even copy "pad" tracks into a style & vice versa.
All the style parts in the korg can be up to 32 bars long, including the fills.
One main difference between between fills, intro's & endings is, they only contain 2 cv's. ie one for maj. intro's( cv1) and one for min. intro's ( cv2)
wheras variations can have up to 6 cv's .
Another interesting thing is, if you tap an intro/ending/ fill twice, it will keep looping, just like a variation.
With fills , you can also set which variation they will go to.
ie you could set fill 1 to automatically toggle between vari 1 & vari 3, or work it's way up through the variations, there's about 14 settings to choose from, for each of the fills. ( or you can just leave it to off, and it does it's own thing)

Also, you can actually have a different time signature & tempo's in each of the style parts ie if you wanted to do a xmas medley,you could have variation 1 & 2 & fill 1&2, as 3/4 , whilst vari 3 & 4 are in 4/4.

There's actualy nothing stopping you from using a fill spot to create additional intro's, or an intro spot to create additional fills.

With the factory intro's they're set up a particular way, ie intro 1 has a chord progression built in, it's the fanciest of the 3. Intro 2, you actually play your own chord progression, & fill 3 , is a Count in.
That's the way the factory styles are set up.
But, again , you can have whatever you like.
You could have 3 fancy intro's with built in chord progression.
You could have 3 where you play your own chord progression. or you coulld have 3 count in's if that's all you wanted.
Inoticed over on the korg forums, a number of members were under the impression that the intro types were set ie you have to have a count in on intro 3. not the case.

Also your major ( cv1) & minor intro ( cv2) don't actually have to be the same length. They do have to use the same instruments, though. Intro 1 maj ( cv1) could be 8 bars, intro 1 ( cv2 ) min. might only be 2 bars.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#334580 - 12/20/11 10:51 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: rikkisbears]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hell Dave you’re like the wife and shoes, just puts us out of our misery and send the guy the cheque, most people would be glad to play and own either, BTW Orla have a nice new KB, maybe that would turn your head or have it spinning.
Have a nice Xmas with your new toy.

Regards
Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#334588 - 12/21/11 05:33 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
RC Offline

Loc: Pa Usa
Uncle Dave.
I am thinking of getting the Pa3x. My thoughts are for the difference in money I am going to go with the 76 keys. I found this info on a Korg forum.
Keyboard:
61-semi-weighted keys with velocity and aftertouch

76 semi-weighted keys with velocity and aftertouch

Hard Disk / Mass Storage
Standard 4 GB memory USB

Optional 2.5" SATA Hard Disk Driver (61-key)

Standard internal 2.5" SATA Hard Disk Drive (76-key)

Display
Pa3X 61: Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels - TFT Color TouchView Graphic Touch Screen;

Pa3X 76: Motorized Tilt Display - Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels - TFT Color TouchView Graphic Touch Screen

Dimensions (W x D x H)
980 x 366 x 145 mm / 38.58 x 14.41 x 5.71 inch without music stand (61);

1192 x 366 x 145 mm / 46.93 x 14.41 x 5.71 inch without music stand and with the display fully lowered (76)

Weight
14.7 kg / 32.4 lbs (61); 17.5 kg / 38.58lbs (76)
Its only a matter of 6 Lbs. Hope this helps. RC

#334589 - 12/21/11 07:09 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dave ...remember the good old days....when you were smarter smile

Keep the 76 key model...you already know it feels good (fact)..you have the extended range of the keys for left hand bass playing (low E)..The 76 key model gives you the extra features...hard drive etc...things you know would benefit you..

I think DonM would also be happy with the 76 model...with a smaller footprint than even a Tyros4......76 keys still rule cool

They finally make a "professional looking" keyboard ..and we want to compromise it already...stay with the better model... grin

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online