SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#334458 - 12/14/11 11:22 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi Uncle Dave,
not sure if you can lock manual bass sound in.

I can't even duplicate turning Upper Chord Scan on, without accompinament playing.

Me personally, if I needed the styles to suit, I'd copy them into a favourite slot, Mute the Accomp.Icon. Change Bass sound on Style Play page & write it as a current style setting.
(You don't actually have to change each of the bass style tracks within the style.) Takes a minute or 2 per style, and it's setup for exactly what you need.

You can't overwrite a factory style setting without probably turning off some sort of protection setting, apart from which, you probably wouldn't want to anyway.
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
I accidentally turned on the "lower" Chord Scan button, which automatically turned off "Manual Bass" hence I lost bass, is it possible that this may be happening to you.

Hi Rikki,
I can't figure out how to lock a constant bass sound into the Manual bass section without having it change to each new style's chosen bass instrument, so I always use the lower sound. I only use one manual bass tone, and I hate having it change if I switch patterns in the middle of a song. (which I do ALOT).
I think one of the patterns at fault was Bossanova in the 1st ending. The 2nd and 3rd endings were fine ... a puzzlement!

When I'm in that manual mode, I use the UPPER chord scanning so my RH triggers the harmonizer(with the arr off, of course) - maybe the ending switched the chord scanning - I didn't notice, but that's one thing to check out tonite! Thanx for the suggestion.

BTW - I'd LOVE to be able to use that manual bass button the way I like because it would be a seamless transition between arranger and manual on the fly. With the lower sound, it's possible to have manual AND arranger bass play simultaneously if you're sloppy. (which I RARELY am, but it happens if I get distracted by a pretty redhead ...)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#334470 - 12/15/11 06:28 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
oleg7 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I came across a nice demo "TC-Helicon vocal effects in the Korg PA3X".

Here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybQ3K3hzO8E&feature=related

#334494 - 12/17/11 06:21 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Congratulations!

#334496 - 12/17/11 09:47 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: oleg7]
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: oleg7
I came across a nice demo "TC-Helicon vocal effects in the Korg PA3X".
Here is a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybQ3K3hzO8E&feature=related

I enjoyed that demo very much....

Thanks
Ron

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#334531 - 12/19/11 08:56 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: George Kaye]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: George Kaye
Dave,
you will be pleasantly surprised when you play the 61 key model. The keys are just as good as on the 76 key version.

Hey George - is it EXACTLY the same, or just very good? I've come to really like the feel of the 76, and I'd hate to move backwards, but I'm still on the fence about that extra 8 lbs and 6 inches or so. Also - I STILL can't find the size of the included hard drive ... what will I give up, storage-wise?
Thanx,
Dave

Rikki - I owe you a long reply very soon - I've not tested all your advice out yet, but I will! (soon!)
d

#334532 - 12/19/11 09:12 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave, get one of each, then sell me the one you decide not to keep. At a huge discount of course. Maybe half price. Merry Christmas.
DonM

#334551 - 12/19/11 03:34 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Anybody??

Originally Posted By: Jose Pereira
Congratulations for your new Keyboard!!

Uncle Dave, I´m also interested in PA3X but never played a Korg arranger (long history) and have a curiosity: Does the PA3X have in all their styles an ending like the Yamaha´s ending 1??

If not, what could be a work around?

Thanks and Enjoy your PA3X
Jo

#334557 - 12/19/11 08:08 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'll let you know in a few days, Jo!
DonM

#334561 - 12/20/11 03:10 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Thanks DonM
I actually have a Tyros4, previusly I purchased an Audya but it performed erratically so I returned it.
The Tyros4 has excellent solo sounds (I also have the premium saxes and trombones) but I still don´t like the drums, basses and the too repetitive and sterile styles.
The problem is that I use so much the ending 1 (since Tyros, PSR3000, Tyros2 and now Tyros4). I know that all the PA3X styles can be edited, but doing so in over 200 styles I could use, and in a hurry isn´t an easy task.
Thanks again and hope you could help me
Regards
Jo

#334562 - 12/20/11 07:14 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
UD,
I have only had the 61 key models and they are the same semi weighted keys as the 76 key model according to the people I've spoken to at Korg.
(Retired 2021)

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online