SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#334438 - 12/13/11 09:13 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Dave,
you will be pleasantly surprised when you play the 61 key model. The keys are just as good as on the 76 key version.
(Retired 2021)

#334445 - 12/14/11 11:01 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: George Kaye]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
A Korg keyboard truly sells only after you begin to understand the many options that it offers. Unlike the other major brand keyboards it does not stand out because of a particular sounds or some inflated hype. After spending a few weeks with my Pa800 I realized the keyboard’s potential -- it took me much longer to understand and execute the potentials.

I sold all my Yamaha keyboards and my beloved Kn7000 because I could not reach the same freedom and almost perfection as I am doing with my Pa800. Please do not feel I am putting Down Yamaha because I feel they make one of the best keyboards available -- in fact I am looking to add S 910 to my collection.
I guess I see Korg Pa3x or the Pa800 as a musicians instrument. My Pa800 is there when and where I need it. I sometimes feel it is reading my mind.

John C.

#334446 - 12/14/11 12:37 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: George Kaye]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
George said:

"Dave,
you will be pleasantly surprised when you play the 61 key model. The keys are just as good as on the 76 key version."

Thanx George - I'd love to at least try one before my trial period is up, but I must say .... I'm getting used to the footprint on this model. It's pretty sleek for 76 keys.

#334447 - 12/14/11 12:39 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: bruno123]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: bruno123
in fact I am looking to add S 910 to my collection

Well .... I got one here with your name on it!!!!! C'mon up for the Mummers parade on New Years Day !
smile

#334448 - 12/14/11 12:43 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: bruno123]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: bruno123
A Unlike the other major brand keyboards it does not stand out because of a particular sounds or some inflated hype.

I see your point. As my good SZ friend Tye (Shade of Pale) says "If you want instant gratification, get a Yamaha."

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#334449 - 12/14/11 12:50 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: rikkisbears]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
I accidentally turned on the "lower" Chord Scan button, which automatically turned off "Manual Bass" hence I lost bass, is it possible that this may be happening to you.

Hi Rikki,
I can't figure out how to lock a constant bass sound into the Manual bass section without having it change to each new style's chosen bass instrument, so I always use the lower sound. I only use one manual bass tone, and I hate having it change if I switch patterns in the middle of a song. (which I do ALOT).
I think one of the patterns at fault was Bossanova in the 1st ending. The 2nd and 3rd endings were fine ... a puzzlement!

When I'm in that manual mode, I use the UPPER chord scanning so my RH triggers the harmonizer(with the arr off, of course) - maybe the ending switched the chord scanning - I didn't notice, but that's one thing to check out tonite! Thanx for the suggestion.

BTW - I'd LOVE to be able to use that manual bass button the way I like because it would be a seamless transition between arranger and manual on the fly. With the lower sound, it's possible to have manual AND arranger bass play simultaneously if you're sloppy. (which I RARELY am, but it happens if I get distracted by a pretty redhead ...)

#334450 - 12/14/11 12:54 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: montunoman]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
"If you want instant gratification, get a Yamaha."

Yup - they do sound good and work easy right out of the box, but they fall a little short in deep editing and voice processing. The harmonizer is the most important piece of gear I carry, so I'll never be able to use a Yamaha without a dedicated unit.

I have nothing but good feelings about this new Korg - I scaled down my larger QSC K-12s to the K-8s and I see how I like that option, but most of the time, I'll be using the Bose compact. Just not sure of how my lack of "in my face" monitors will affect me. I've always had good, solid speakers in my keyboards till the s910 .... since I can hardly hear them at an acceptable volume, I may as well be carrying something else anyway, right?

The 910 was a good "filler" until the 3x came out ... just what I thought it would be in may arsenal.

#334451 - 12/14/11 02:34 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Hello PA3X owners,
Just like to know if this keyboard can read or guess chords from midifiles and diplay it on the screen like the Roland G&E series?
Best regards
Jimmy

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#334452 - 12/14/11 03:16 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: synerjim]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: synerjim
Hello PA3X owners,
Just like to know if this keyboard can read or guess chords from midifiles and diplay it on the screen like the Roland G&E series?
Best regards
Jimmy

No......

#334454 - 12/14/11 06:34 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dave, please email me with pricing and shipping.

My Kn7000 is gone – only one keyboard left -- I made a full commitment.

John. C.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online