SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#334395 - 12/12/11 10:02 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Tony Hughes]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Sounds like its different in the USA, here in the UK if the box is open, then no one would buy it as new, not even a shop demo model, a shop demo with an opened box would be discounted. I wouldn't want a new Kb that someone had their dirty old fingers running over,picking their nose and smelling of a smokey old house, know what I mean Tony... Paying £3500 for a Pa3x I want it new out the box, the first to open it, anyway I might want to film the box been opened. How long is it since you bought a new Kb Tony. Thomann use the letter "B" which means it's been returned and is cheaper. Who pays for the PP.

Regards

Tony

Tony ... fortunately, I haven't found the need or desire to purchase a new KB in many years, but I did have a very recent experience with a mixer that I purchased, took home and tested out for 2 days and returned it, only saying it did not satisfy my needs ... but then, I don't pick my nose and no one in the house smokes, so maybe they made an exception ... wink

#334398 - 12/12/11 10:33 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: tony mads usa]
Tony Hughes Offline

Nice one Tony, you are a clean liver, that's good to see.

Everybody else is keeping silent, maybe they do

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#334399 - 12/12/11 12:23 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

Sounds like its different in the USA, here in the UK if the box is open, then no one would buy it as new, not even a shop demo model, a shop demo with an opened box would be discounted. I wouldn't want a new Kb that someone had their dirty old fingers running over,picking their nose and smelling of a smokey old house, know what I mean Tony... Paying £3500 for a Pa3x I want it new out the box, the first to open it, anyway I might want to film the box been opened. How long is it since you bought a new Kb Tony. Thomann use the letter "B" which means it's been returned and is cheaper. Who pays for the PP.

Regards

Tony

It is the same here in Canada as in the UK, Tony, and probably the same for most places, unless one can come to some agreement with the seller.

If a keyboard is taken out and "handled" (not necessarily at a gig) and is returned, it cannot be sold as "new in the box", because, in reality it is not.

Sometimes dealers who are anxious (or, perhaps, in the PA3X's case, desperate) to sell an instrument, they will over look the restocking fee to preferred clients, but, they shouldn't try to pass off an opened and used instrument as new, and it should be marked that way, and discounted accordingly.

I sense a real desperation in selling the PA3X instruments...I am told that several were returned to dealers here in Canada because the buyer wasn't quite satisfied with the product.

So, I'd suggest anyone buying these instruments, to make sure that it is actually "new", and if not, ask for the proper discount.

Ian

#334400 - 12/12/11 12:32 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Think you are right Ian don't think the Pa3x is doing too well in the UK, not seen any good demos either, there are more demos of the Audya certainly more of T4.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#334401 - 12/12/11 12:42 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Think you are right Ian don't think the Pa3x is doing too well in the UK, not seen any good demos either, there are more demos of the Audya certainly more of T4.

Tony

It's not that it is a "bad" instrument, Tony, the PA3X appears to be a fine arranger, but it's launch was handled very poorly, and many dealers were kept waiting...as were customers, some of whom ended up buying a different brand.

Ian

#334403 - 12/12/11 05:14 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Tony,
As I said - most online dealers offer a 100% satisfaction policy. They offer a return - some with a fee, some without. Nothing was even said about what they do with a unit after it's returned, but as a consumer, buying online - I reserve the right to evaluate in my own hands and take the option to return if I so choose. It would be unethical to sell a returned unit as brand new, unless it was discounted and labeled as such. My only reason to return this unit would only possibly be if the 61 key model is identical in key feel, but I doubt it is. I'd have to play them side by side before I made a change.

Now, on to my small speed bump with style play - I notice that only a few patterns shut the LH sound off during the "ending", and it seems like it's specific to the 1st ending. I'll have to do some digging to see what parameters might be available to disable this annoying feature, and I sure hope I find one - the drums are SO good in this piece, and it'd be a shame if I just lost the ability to trigger a LH sound during an ending ... with or without an arranger playing.

Like many Korgs in the past - the learning curve almost never ends, but it almost always does what you need it too, if you can weed your way through the OS. The front panel button layout is so logical and easy to reach, and the sounds are blowing me away - I hope I can find that correction soon. I'd love to start using this!

#334422 - 12/13/11 08:04 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Pa3x isn't selling so the dealers are going to any lenghts to get a sale.
Tony

Personally, I hope no one in my area starts playing it, so I can stand out from the rest! lol

#334425 - 12/13/11 08:57 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Tony

Personally, I hope no one in my area starts playing it, so I can stand out from the rest! lol

1-The PA3x is selling very well here in the US. The issue is the wait. Most of the dealers have back orders. It look like to me that Korg is giving priority in manufacturing to the Kronos, that is selling 10 to 1 compare to the PA3x.

If you go to korgforums.com you will find that the big complaint is the long time that people has been waiting for delivery of the PA3x. Here in my town, 3 Guitar Center and 2 Sam Ash stores are still waiting for their slot assignments.

#334426 - 12/13/11 09:24 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Tony

Paint it yellow and wear Donny's chicken hat....you will stand out!!!!

#334437 - 12/13/11 08:19 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Uncle Dave,
I normally just play in arranger mode,
the settings you're using to play bass l/h , melody r/h

are you using the "manual bass" to acheive this ? with Memory & Bass Inversion buttons set to OFF.

I've tried a couple of dozen styles, and I can play bass thru ending 1 using the above setting.

What I did notice though, I accidently turned on the "lower" Chord Scan button, which automatically turned off "Manual Bass" hence I lost bass, is it possible that this may be happening to you.

Just name a couple of styles that aren't working for you & I can check mine.
[quote=Uncle Dave]

Now, on to my small speed bump with style play - I notice that only a few patterns shut the LH sound off during the "ending", and it seems like it's specific to the 1st ending. I'll have to do some digging to see what parameters might be available to disable this annoying feature, and I sure hope I find one - the drums are SO good in this piece, and it'd be a shame if I just lost the ability to trigger a LH sound during an ending ... with or without an arranger playing.

Edited by rikkisbears (12/13/11 08:34 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online