SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#334372 - 12/11/11 03:04 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Jose Pereira]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
My friend Juan Morales, purchased one PA3X (76) from Frankie and he is also a happy camper... keys

He is not a member for now, he is fine tuning his English. cool

#334373 - 12/11/11 04:18 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
zuki Offline

Congrats UD. I knew you'd not stray too long from the PA. I still love my 800 and for over 3 years now. In fact, I just bought another 'cause I wear them out smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#334374 - 12/11/11 04:20 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Tony Hughes]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
So far ... I love it. It's built solid, looks fantastic and feels wonderful. I still have to address the monitoring situation, as I doubt that I'm a PAas candidate, but I'm taking my time on that decision. The key feel on the 76 key model is really great - I haven't tried the 61, but if they are the same ... I might be returning this one. I don't need the internal hard drive or motorized tilt screen, so I'd rather cut down on size and weight.....more about that later.
I have a job tonight that will likely be my last with the s910, so if anyone wants a cherry piece with a great soft case and better than full warrentee .... check the "for sale" section.

I'll have more time to fiddle with this tomorrow and I'll report back, but so far - my initial reaction is very favorable. It's soooooo sexy and sleek.

UD,

How can you do that, buy a KB from the shop and then if you don't think it's just what you want take it back, are your dealers
numpties, in the UK we go in the shop, play it and then take it away, deal done. What happens if you damge it on your first gig??

UD just take your time about keeping it, we can all wait.

Tony ... have you NEVER returned an item after you have brought it home and tried it out??? ...
Dave did not say he was using the new KB on a gig, and I'm SURE that if the unit was damaged in any way he would not be returning it ...
BTW ... this is what full warrantees and guarantees are all about - "If for ANY REASON you do not like it, take it back" ...

#334378 - 12/11/11 06:22 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I really like a lot of the Korg styles, I hope this works for you.

#334379 - 12/11/11 07:53 PM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
YIKES! 1st major anomaly detected ....
I'm perfectly willing to read the manual, but I haven't yet, and I found a VERY annoying paradigm that I hope is adjustable.
When using the drums without accompaniment, and playing right hand piano and left hand bass .... all is well UNTIL you trigger an ending pattern - it shuts OFF the left hand! Hmmmmmmm...... anyone ever hear of this? I am playing real time sounds, and I can't afford to have the drummer chase the bass player out of the room before we end the tune! C'mon Korg ..... what gives? Is that even practical in a typical arranger style of play???
(I'm almost positive this can be avoided, but I need to study further.)

Comparing to Yamaha - the intros and endings are similar in approach, but the Korg gives the option of triggering any of the 4 fill3 while staying on the A-B-C-D section of the arrangement. You have the option of triggering with the variation button, or a dedicated fill button.
The lyrics and score window is a bit more labored than the Yamaha, but again, to be fair - I haven't read much of the book - maybe there are adjustable parameters that I need to find.
For now - I LOVE the sound, I LOVE the feel, and I LOVE the layout. The drums are so real sounding ( as Korg usually is, but even MORE so )
If I find a perfect=fit case I won't even mind the extra few keys that much. The unit is just under 47" long but only 14" deep - most 76 key cases are over 50" x 18". Way too sloppy and wasteful for me.

I'll check back again, but I have no more playtime tonight - it's a school night. yawn ........
smile

...and Tony - the dealer offers a return policy. It's standard practice with most on-line companies I deal with... in fact ALL of them, so far.

Edited by Uncle Dave (12/11/11 07:54 PM)

#334387 - 12/12/11 04:53 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
[quote=
When using the drums without accompaniment, and playing right hand piano and left hand bass .... all is well UNTIL you trigger an ending pattern - it shuts OFF the left hand! Hmmmmmmm......

Congratulations on buying the Pa3x it looks like my next baby down the road, although I'm very happy with the G70. What's the bass sound like?
I use the manual bass on my G70 when playing with a live trio, at this stage the accompaniment is not active and I am unable to activate the endings nor do I want to use them with a live setup around me.
If you dont want to use the endings I expect you can disable that section and just do a live ending.

#334388 - 12/12/11 05:43 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: tony mads usa]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
So far ... I love it. It's built solid, looks fantastic and feels wonderful. I still have to address the monitoring situation, as I doubt that I'm a PAas candidate, but I'm taking my time on that decision. The key feel on the 76 key model is really great - I haven't tried the 61, but if they are the same ... I might be returning this one. I don't need the internal hard drive or motorized tilt screen, so I'd rather cut down on size and weight.....more about that later.
I have a job tonight that will likely be my last with the s910, so if anyone wants a cherry piece with a great soft case and better than full warrentee .... check the "for sale" section.

I'll have more time to fiddle with this tomorrow and I'll report back, but so far - my initial reaction is very favorable. It's soooooo sexy and sleek.

UD,

How can you do that, buy a KB from the shop and then if you don't think it's just what you want take it back, are your dealers
numpties, in the UK we go in the shop, play it and then take it away, deal done. What happens if you damge it on your first gig??

UD just take your time about keeping it, we can all wait.

Tony ... have you NEVER returned an item after you have brought it home and tried it out??? ...
Dave did not say he was using the new KB on a gig, and I'm SURE that if the unit was damaged in any way he would not be returning it ...
BTW ... this is what full warrantees and guarantees are all about - "If for ANY REASON you do not like it, take it back" ...

Sounds like its different in the USA, here in the UK if the box is open, then no one would buy it as new, not even a shop demo model, a shop demo with an opened box would be discounted. I wouldn't want a new Kb that someone had their dirty old fingers running over,picking their nose and smelling of a smokey old house, know what I mean Tony... Paying £3500 for a Pa3x I want it new out the box, the first to open it, anyway I might want to film the box been opened. How long is it since you bought a new Kb Tony. Thomann use the letter "B" which means it's been returned and is cheaper. Who pays for the PP.

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#334391 - 12/12/11 08:35 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tony Hughes Offline

I think this may well be a sign of the times Pa3x isn't selling so the dealers are going to any lenghts to get a sale.
And that means letting people try it at home and make their minds up after, jolly de!

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#334392 - 12/12/11 09:04 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: Tony Hughes]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think this may well be a sign of the times Pa3x isn't selling so the dealers are going to any lenghts to get a sale.
And that means letting people try it at home and make their minds up after, jolly de!

Tony

No, it's not specific to Korg. It's pretty much standard practice for the big online stores, such as Sweetwater and Musician's Friend, regardless of brand. If they resell a returned unit, it is marked as such and discounted.
Stores like Frank's Audioworks generally don't do this, BUT, they will often sell it for less than the MSRP in the first place.
Apparently, there is plenty of room between MSRP and cost for the big dealers to do this and not lose money.
I think the number of customers who actually do this is very small though.
DonM

#334393 - 12/12/11 09:10 AM Re: PA3x came in the door at 9am this morning! [Re: DonM]
Tony Hughes Offline

Thanks Don,

That explains it all.

"I think the number of customers who actually do this is very small though"

Bet the dealers don't really like it all the same, its a bit messy.

Hope you are keeping well.

Regards

Tony

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online