SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#33419 - 01/18/08 08:54 PM Midjay playlist question
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
With the Midjay, Is it possible to make playlists of style based tunes i.e. of the registrations that you make, so that you can play them in a specific order? All the Ketron literature refer to mp3,WAV and midi playlists but not saved style based registrations similar to 'memories' in the Genesys XP. If so, is it possible to make playlists consisting of midi files and style based registrations like you can on the PA800 (custom lists)? Thanks
Jerry

#33420 - 01/19/08 12:50 AM Re: Midjay playlist question
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't remember if that works in the Playlist function, but it would be very easy to do by making a Registrations Sub-Folder then putting the registrations for a "style playlist" in it. You can sort the folder by name. You can name the registrations with letters or numbers so they would be lined up the way you want.
You could make as many of these as you like.
Hope this idea helps.
DonM

#33421 - 01/19/08 10:08 AM Re: Midjay playlist question
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Hello Don,
Thanks for the reply. So, it's a matter of how the registrations are idenitfied since lists are alphabetical or numerical in terms of the style lists/files.
What I also wanted to know is how quickly can I mix style playing with midi file playing? (I think I recall that you may not use any midi) Example, one of the sets that I do is Dean Martin tribute. It consists of about 15 tunes - 10 styles, 5 midi files (more or less). I have several sets like that, Prima, Frank etc. The files and styles are not necessarily grouped so that I can just play out all the midis and then go to the style file. As you already know, in the PA800, I just make a custom list which can include both media, and I can go immediatly, one tune to the other, in order, by just hitting "next". With the XP, I have 2 seperate lists and have to traverse from the saved style registrations list (memories) to file "playlists", a matter of pushing the "memories" button or the "Data Base" button then "list" and vice versa.
Again, if it's not possible to mix styles and files in the same playlist, Is there an expiditious way to get through a set list with the Midjay? Thanks again Don.
Ciao,
Jerry

#33422 - 01/21/08 05:36 PM Re: Midjay playlist question
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Jerry, I no longer have a Midjay, but I THINK can have the registrations call up a midi file. And, as I remember, you CAN'T have the Playlist function call up a style. This may be explained in the manual. I'll have a look when I get a chance.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online