SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3328 - 12/06/02 05:54 PM Is anyone else going deaf?
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
I'm just back from a night out and the folks I was with to are totally pissed off at me cos I could hardly hear them and I kept having to ask them to repeat themselves and shout what they were saying in my ear.

I don't know if it's caused by too much loud music, or just some kind of short term head cold, but it's quite a worry.

Do any of you guys have this problem?

#3329 - 12/06/02 05:59 PM Re: Is anyone else going deaf?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Heh,what'd you say...

#3330 - 12/06/02 06:52 PM Re: Is anyone else going deaf?
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I'm sorry............Did you say something?

#3331 - 12/06/02 08:45 PM Re: Is anyone else going deaf?
bvan Offline

Loc: Pensacola, FL USA
Equalizer,

If you think loud music can effect your hearing, I AGREE with you on this one. I have no doubt that it happens. Birthdays will do that to a person also, and when you add the two together...A few years from now the hard of hearing will be the norm and you won't stand out or be embarrassed then.

#3332 - 12/07/02 02:27 AM Re: Is anyone else going deaf?
Equalizer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by bvan:
A few years from now the hard of hearing will be the norm and you won't stand out or be embarrassed then.

Thank you for that wonderful consolation!

#3333 - 12/07/02 04:28 AM Re: Is anyone else going deaf?
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I remember all the rock concerts I used to go to in the 70's and 80's........After the concert your ears would "ring" for a day or two. Voices were muffled, and background noises were nonexistent..........or maybe it was the marijuana.............anyway I'm glad/lucky my hearing is as good as it is now at age 43! I do try to take care of my hearing better now................I'm not ready for an ear trumpet just yet..

#3334 - 12/07/02 05:44 AM Re: Is anyone else going deaf?
tekminus Offline

I've got tinnitus. It's a high pitched test signal and sometimes it's really loud. I've had it for so long now, I don't even think about it. I probably got these from work and from being in the airforce.

-tek

#3335 - 12/07/02 02:24 PM Re: Is anyone else going deaf?
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
It's surprising how you think your hearing is OK. I thought mine was but I just went for a medical to renew my pilot's license and the doc told me my hearing was down. Luckily not enough to fail the medical but it does make you sit up. Maybe it's worth you guys going to the doc for a check up just in case. Most symphony guys wear earplugs and stuff so that's also worth a try.

#3336 - 12/07/02 05:35 PM Re: Is anyone else going deaf?
Equalizer Offline

Well, I was thinking about getting it checked out Pilot, but the thing is... if it turns out that my hearing is totally crud (as I suspect it is), then there's nothing that they can do to cure it anyway. Is there?

PS- please tell me that I'm wrong!!!

#3337 - 12/08/02 08:32 AM Re: Is anyone else going deaf?
bvan Offline

Loc: Pensacola, FL USA
Equalizer,

PS- please tell me that I'm wrong!!!

OK, you're wrong.....Hearing, like sight can be dealt with to improve life. (Is that consoling?) Look at all the people who wear glasses, and then there are the ones who have surgery and it cannot be seen. Don't just write it off as a lost cause.

Ear plugs is a good idea. I use them. Also I have tinnitus and it puts sounds on multiple frequencies. I have had it for many years, sometimes worse than other times.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online