SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#333021 - 10/31/11 06:38 AM Early Snow Storm / OT But worth chatting about !
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Guy`s

What a go of it.

We ran out of power Saturday night @ 8:45.

Knew we were in for a go for Dad and I bugged out to my sister`s home on Cape Code.

But before that we had one hell of a night and did not make to CC until after 5PM on Sunday.

Needed gas so had to we at the only working gas station in town so that was about half an hour waiting in line ( not bad really ).

Then made it home to pack real quick and then bugged out and headed south.

My Dad ( 97 ) and I are lucky to have family south of the damage area.

180 miles to get to electrical power , but well worth it.

You never realize how much it means until it`s gone , like so much in life , eletric power is.

I hope everyone is well , I know there are alot of Penn / NJ / and Conn. as well as other North East states members that were affected.

Be well / Be safe !

Take care smile

Gary

#333028 - 10/31/11 10:46 AM Re: Early Snow Storm / OT But worth chatting about ! [Re: jedi]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary, I wish you the best and I can appreciate taking care of your dad. I had my mother with me the last five years of her life, and it was a lot of trouble, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!
DonM

#333031 - 10/31/11 12:38 PM Re: Early Snow Storm / OT But worth chatting about ! [Re: jedi]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Gary, it was good you had a place to go.

When I was looking after my late uncle, who had Alzheimer's, I had to buy a portable generator to deal with winter power outages.

It gets down to -30 Celsius (-22 F) here on Cape Breton Island, and no power means no heat, unless you have a wood burner (which I did not).

I spent 5 years looking after my uncle (who was the last of my family), and like DonM above, it was a lot of trouble, but it was also very rewarding.

Your Dad is very lucky to have you.

Ian

#333060 - 11/01/11 08:22 AM Re: Early Snow Storm / OT But worth chatting about ! [Re: jedi]
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Gary, it goes like this:
Whatever happened last year forget it but this year:
Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan in March, My country (Turkey) gets hit
by an earthquake 2 weeks ago, Peru got an earthquake last week, Thailand
is covered with water, there is wars all over...is it worth talking? LOL
I dont know...but something weird is happening with this world.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online