SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#331692 - 09/19/11 08:23 AM Re: Keyboards report/review [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Thanks Bill for the wonderfull review...

Sad thing about the Pegsus wing are the cost of the upgrades... you can upgrade your wing to almost the same system as The abacus (with the exception of VST support). But by the time you have bought all the software updates the wing will be more then twice its orriginal price and even more expensive then the good old Abacus

Edited by Bachus (09/19/11 08:38 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#331698 - 09/19/11 10:53 AM Re: Keyboards report/review [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Bachus

Not sure where you got the upgrade prices from, as apart from the stand, pedal board, speakers & swell pedal, there are only sound pack options available. (Similar to the Abacus but less of them)

Remember the Wing and the other (OAS7) instruments have a different OAS version; therefore feature upgrades are not transferable.

This is where I think the confusion is arising. (All the feature upgrades (Most of which are standard on new OAS7 instruments) and most of the sound packs are for OAS 7 instruments only)

Bill

#331703 - 09/19/11 01:47 PM Re: Keyboards report/review [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
Hi Bachus

Not sure where you got the upgrade prices from, as apart from the stand, pedal board, speakers & swell pedal, there are only sound pack options available. (Similar to the Abacus but less of them)

Remember the Wing and the other (OAS7) instruments have a different OAS version; therefore feature upgrades are not transferable.

This is where I think the confusion is arising. (All the feature upgrades (Most of which are standard on new OAS7 instruments) and most of the sound packs are for OAS 7 instruments only)

Bill

So you are telling me that These are not meant for the Wing...

So how expandable and open is the wing?

#331707 - 09/19/11 02:55 PM Re: Keyboards report/review [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Hi Bachus

Currently available software options for the Wing are:

World of Synthesizer Sound pack

Classical Sounds Sound pack

Theatre Sounds Sound pack

Grand Pianos Sound pack

World of Organs Sound pack

Franz Lambert, Klaus Wunderlich and James Last Sound packs should be in the pipeline, as will be more updates to add more & new features.

Download the 2 manuals here for the Wing & the Abacus, and you will see they are completely different. (Although the Wing is based on OAS 7 & the OAA)

Work Styles, Basic OAA (Including Tyros style play) & Drums are standard on the Wing.

The rest are not available to the Wings OS.

NOTE: New OAS 7 instruments include Drums, OAA, and I think Work Styles 2011 are standard.

Selector plus option is only available for the IKARUS, ABACUS, VERONA, XENIOS, EX-1 and GIGA-PIANO

More details on the Music Store website just type Wersi into the search box.

Hope this clears up the confusion

Bill

#331718 - 09/20/11 12:39 AM Re: Keyboards report/review [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
Hi Bachus

Currently available software options for the Wing are:

World of Synthesizer Sound pack

Classical Sounds Sound pack

Theatre Sounds Sound pack

Grand Pianos Sound pack

World of Organs Sound pack

Franz Lambert, Klaus Wunderlich and James Last Sound packs should be in the pipeline, as will be more updates to add more & new features.

Download the 2 manuals here for the Wing & the Abacus, and you will see they are completely different. (Although the Wing is based on OAS 7 & the OAA)

Work Styles, Basic OAA (Including Tyros style play) & Drums are standard on the Wing.

The rest are not available to the Wings OS.

NOTE: New OAS 7 instruments include Drums, OAA, and I think Work Styles 2011 are standard.

Selector plus option is only available for the IKARUS, ABACUS, VERONA, XENIOS, EX-1 and GIGA-PIANO

More details on the Music Store website just type Wersi into the search box.

Hope this clears up the confusion

Bill

Well anyway, it is still obvious that the Wing will be a step down in inovation and expandabillity from the Orriginal instruments...

I personally think its a bit sad, but the majorrity of arranger players that want a cheep wersi sound will never miss them anyway...

#331720 - 09/20/11 12:47 AM Re: Keyboards report/review [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

I have started a new thread on the Pegasus Wing options here so that the origional topic does not drift off.

Bill

#331730 - 09/20/11 06:32 AM Re: Keyboards report/review [Re: abacus]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Thasnk you for the update, it is good to keep in touch with the manufacturers and their thoughts. Not sure that I would consider the BK7 module a G90 let alone a G70 replacement module - maybe they will beef it up.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online