SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32969 - 06/09/03 02:18 AM Polyphony is improved in 4.0b, but it was better in 3.0
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
4.0a was occasionally eating bass and drum sounds. It looks to me that in 4.0b bass and drums are given priority, so less important voices are cut off first(2dn voice for example), but in very busy styles bass and drums suffer, too. 4.0b with old sounds behaves the same as 4.0b with new sounds. When compared, 3.0 release has the best results in handling voices.
In my opinion 4.0 release is somehow more demanding on polyphony than previous one.
How do you guys comment this issue? Do you also find some lack of voices in 4.0b (even with old sounds)? If not , than I might have some other problem.
I wonder how would it be possible for a manufacturer to add polyphony on existing keyboard? Is it necessary to make a new more powerful board, or is it enough to replace some parts of the old system…?
Maybe I shouldn't think so much and play more
Luka

#32970 - 06/09/03 07:23 AM Re: Polyphony is improved in 4.0b, but it was better in 3.0
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
Now I don't find that at all. I had polyphony problems on certain songs right up until 4.0B. Now everything works and I haven't noticed any note drop out yet.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online