Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#328594 - 07/12/11 01:07 PM Re: THE DYING MARKET……OR IS IT! [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Ian ,

I think you only need to look at the number of T4s sold and that should tell you,
all you need to know, the other KB manufacturers are just playing at it.

Yes, and if the sheer number of high quality uploads on YouTube is any indication, the Tyros4 is a winner for sure.

Nothing comes close in my opinion, Tony.

Ian

#328596 - 07/12/11 01:15 PM Re: THE DYING MARKET……OR IS IT! [Re: ianmcnll]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

It's simple for me....I make my own styles...that gets rid of any "boring", if there was any to begin with.

That's what Style Creator is for...being "creative" with styles...duh!

People who make (record) their own midi files, and play over them are far more impressive in my opinion than those who play over commercially available midi files.

Ian

Make your own styles??? You mean you "cut and paste" parts from existing styles. That is merely re-arranging existing data, NOT writing your own styles.

And in reference to your comment re midi files - yes, exactly as I do it. I make my own!! The only parts I don't do are the drum parts. Always been pretty useless at programming drums.

PS: I should have said in the OP, CAN be boring. A few of the Yamaha styles are okay. Sound is still the best feature though of later Yamaha arrangers.

#328598 - 07/12/11 01:19 PM Re: THE DYING MARKET……OR IS IT! [Re: miden]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: miden

Make your own styles??? You mean you "cut and paste" parts from existing styles. That is merely re-arranging existing data, NOT writing your own styles.

Works quite well for me...no complaints. grin

Leaves more time for me to enjoy playing.

Ian

#328614 - 07/12/11 02:51 PM Re: THE DYING MARKET……OR IS IT! [Re: Keyboardcapers]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Is any of all this you produce modern / up to date...like Adele or Rumer or Paloma Faith etc etc. I think that was the original point of this thread...?

#430883 - 04/19/17 07:03 AM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: RMepstead]
Dnj Offline

Well with the lack of arranger Kb companies left in the game, and not many releases of new gear, Namm shows, Musikmesse , etc, etc, it sure looks like it's really dying out slowly in more ways then one, the young generation isn't interested also,.....it's sad to see a slow death as the home organ generation disappears, but maybe better different things are coming or maybe we'll have to adapt to doing it a different way with other kinds of gear or stick with whats left? ....

#430886 - 04/19/17 07:33 AM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: Keyboardcapers]
Korgman5
Unregistered

Sad but true. The arranger KBs are slow to arrive and interest
seems to be leaving both arranger and the organ business.
Everyone is waiting for Yamaha to come out with a new board
but I am now wondering if this is going to happen. Lloyd

#430887 - 04/19/17 07:36 AM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Korgman5
Sad but true. The arranger KBs are slow to arrive and interest
seems to be leaving both arranger and the organ business.
Everyone is waiting for Yamaha to come out with a new board
but I am now wondering if this is going to happen. Lloyd

Dont be surprised if Tyros5/S970/Pa4x/Pa900/SD7,9, & some low end casios will be the last akb's you see,.....but some will get good prices as time passes on these older units....

Edited by Dnj (04/19/17 07:40 AM)

#430890 - 04/19/17 07:52 AM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Well, considering the fact that the OP on this thread goes back to 2011, and since then we've had kbs such as the S950 and S970, the T5, the Pa4X, the Pa600, the Pa900, SD7 and SD9 ... and others I can't think about, I don't know if the AKB is dying ... things may have slowed down a bit, but I think they will be around after I'm gone, and I intend to be around for another 25 years or so ( I think getting to be 100+ years old will be about right wink )

Donny, how do you dig these threads up ?!? ... you gotta get out more, my friend ... grin

#430891 - 04/19/17 07:59 AM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Well, considering the fact that the OP on this thread goes back to 2011, and since then we've had kbs such as the S950 and S970, the T5, the Pa4X, the Pa600, the Pa900, SD7 and SD9 ... and others I can't think about, I don't know if the AKB is dying ... things may have slowed down a bit, but I think they will be around after I'm gone, and I intend to be around for another 25 years or so ( I think getting to be 100+ years old will be about right wink )

Donny, how do you dig these threads up ?!? ... you gotta get out more, my friend ... grin

they might be older threads but the truth is inevitable the writing is on the wall....nothing lasts forever....hey maybe bands will come back also instead...

#430892 - 04/19/17 08:04 AM Re: THE DYING MARKET��OR IS IT! [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

hey maybe bands will come back also instead...

YES !!! clap clap clap
singer guitar drums keys rocker
party

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online