SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32789 - 02/16/05 08:19 PM SD1 balance question
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I purchased a pre-owned SD1. I have noticed that when I select a Style, some of them are louder, in relation to the right-hand voice, than others. When the SD1 comes from the factory, are the styles balanced better, or are some of the balances different? I'm thinking perhaps the previous owner "adjusted" some of them.
Most of the styles come up with the right hand volume much louder than the styles.
Thanks,
DonM

#32790 - 02/16/05 09:03 PM Re: SD1 balance question
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I had to rebalance most of the styles also, but my SD1 was also preowned.

#32791 - 02/16/05 09:49 PM Re: SD1 balance question
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I asked this same question on the General Arranger page, and Manual advised me that from the factory the styles and lead voices were well balanced. He suggests initializing or installing a new OS, and I think I will do this before I do a lot more customizing.
DonM

#32792 - 02/17/05 11:56 PM Re: SD1 balance question
hrh999 Offline

Loc: 8302 Kloten, Switzerland
From the very beginning up to release 4.0c I always found that the factory styles and instruments lack balance, in 2 ways:

1. Some of the styles are much louder than others, e.g. techno, rock&roll, compared to a piano ballad (I am not comparing the reachness of the styles, but the loudness).

2. Playing e.g. a rock&roll style with a solo instrument, e.g. a night sax or trumpet, the solo instruments are not loud enough (imho). Playing the same style together with a string / synth sound works fine.

For me personally this was never a problem, as in a gig I use well-balanced registrations. Eeach song has its own registration, also considering whether I just play or also sing. I do not play songs for which I have no registration ready.

However somebody who wants to react to a sudden wish from the audience, i.e. select on the spot a style and an instrument, might not be happy with the factory balance.

Hansruedi

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online