Tony why not make this pic your profile....I love it!! wave

Attachments
tony on the keys (1).wmv_000062360.jpg

#327680 - 06/29/11 12:25 PM Re: Tony On The Wurlitzer [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Donny,

Thanks for your support on my entry into the Kingdom, am I part of the dream team now Donny, I don't think I will be changing the photo, do you think it looks good.

Kind regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#327681 - 06/29/11 12:34 PM Re: Tony On The Wurlitzer [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Donny,

Thanks for your support on my entry into the Kingdom, am I part of the dream team now Donny, I don't think I will be changing the photo, do you think it looks good.

Kind regards

Tony

Tony Wow !! I'm so proud of you mate!!!

Now your an official Visible part of the SZ family and as a bonus we got a small video clip of you performing which I really loved...Thank you for that.

#327682 - 06/29/11 12:35 PM Re: Tony On The Wurlitzer [Re: captain Russ]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Tony, there is a 5 manual Whirlitzer organ the University of Kentucky faculty/alumni club. It was installed when the mansion was built (1932) and was used with a German Welte-Minon (SP)roll player unit (paper rolls). Only 1o0 of these player units were built, and the others were destroyed in the bombing during the 2nd world war.

Over the years, organ societies have had me send photos of the pipes (2100-some 4 feet horizontal-across the third floor).
Sadly, the roll player unit needs repair (an estimated $350,000 for the organ and player). I have played the organ a time or two. Some stops are not functioning and, to hear yourself, you knock the glasses off of the tables.

Great old instrument. Sad it's not practical to repair it.
I have an old photo of me in fangs, cape and Bella Lagocci (SP?)
make-up at the console, somewhere.

Great work, by the way!

Russ

Russ thanks , these eold organs have a sound all of their own and make the hair stand up on your neck, the power is something else. Glad you liked it. Like you said some got destroyed in the war, this one was in the Odeon Cinema in Manchester UK in about 1935 and them move to the Free Trade Hall about 300 yards away in 1970 and them move again about 1995 to the Stockport Town Hall. You can’t just build one of these up in a few weeks.
Cheers Russ
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#327696 - 06/29/11 05:21 PM Re: Tony On The Wurlitzer [Re: Tony Hughes]
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Hello TONY
Nice to see you playing live on video. Looking good. I just love those Wurlitzer Organ Voices. Excellent playing, great organ. Happy playing. Telmo. smile

#327700 - 06/29/11 08:28 PM Re: Tony On The Wurlitzer [Re: Tony Hughes]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Donny,

You wanted a mug shot of me, I have gone one better, this is me about 4 years back on a 20 Rank Wurlitzer now in the Stockport Town, Nr Manchester UK, it has been turned into digital controls, but still 20 ranks of pipes, the swell boxes have been stopped at 50%, fully open the sound would blow you away and there are offices in the building, played during the day at full power it would be too much for them. Sorry about the sound the bass pipes are 30ft, you will note the sound change as the consul reaches the floor that because there is a large speaker at the back on the consul which is there so there is no sound delay from the chamber 80 ft away.

http://www.box.net/shared/2s6czxrveydn9kkz9hu1

Well, you did it! Way to go! Not many people get to play such a 'machine.'

#327711 - 06/30/11 03:03 AM Re: Tony On The Wurlitzer [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Tony Hughes Offline

The biggest arranger in the World, bet there's one big in the States.

Tony

#327724 - 06/30/11 06:24 AM Re: Tony On The Wurlitzer [Re: Scottyee]
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Great instrument and sound, thanks for sharing!!

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#327751 - 06/30/11 09:46 AM Re: Tony On The Wurlitzer [Re: Tony Hughes]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My son works in the building that houses the world's largest pipe organ - check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQfeUAqCqtI

#327752 - 06/30/11 09:52 AM Re: Tony On The Wurlitzer [Re: Uncle Dave]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
My son works in the building that houses the world's largest pipe organ - check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQfeUAqCqtI

Dave,

Yes it is awesome I have seen this clip before, thanks, what about my photo Dave, look at the hair
please, say something nice.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online