SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#325966 - 06/05/11 08:43 PM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Dnj Offline

They're all crooks !

#325986 - 06/06/11 09:31 AM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave

I'm a pro-life free thinker, and I support family values above all other political agendas.
Uncle Dave, I can't understand how one can consider themselves a free thinker yet be against abortion at the same time. confused1
Consider this Freethinkers.com article: If Abortion became Illegal.

Free Thinker
Definition: One who has rejected authority and dogma, especially in religious thinking, in favor of rational inquiry and speculation.

Pro-Life
Definition: opposed to abortion and a woman's right to choose it.

Family Values:
Definition: most often associated with social & religious conservatives. Opposition to sex outside of marriage. Opposed to abortion & same sex marriage.

#326029 - 06/07/11 05:12 AM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Sorry Scott, I'm not here to explain or debate. I just stated a few facts about myself. Make your own conclusions, if you must, but I don't like discussing politics.
It's hard enough for us all to agree about music and gear! LOL

#326034 - 06/07/11 05:47 AM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Sorry Scott, I'm not here to explain or debate. I just stated a few facts about myself. Make your own conclusions, if you must, but I don't like discussing politics.
It's hard enough for us all to agree about music and gear! LOL

Above you said you wanted a Conservative to be heard.

Its kind of a tease, as we need, IMO, a stronger Conservative presence in the Bar. The Bar tends to be more civil than the main board, I think. You could certainly add something to the conversation.

#326040 - 06/07/11 06:42 AM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Dave,

Republican Senators have dinner with Democrat Senators quite often. Political differences are just that, different views on Government policy. I for one respect your position, and may argue, but in no way would I let Politics ruin a friendship.

Besides we have other things we can talk about:

National League
East [ W L ]
Philadelphia Phillies 36 - 24
Florida Marlins 31 - 27
Atlanta Braves 32 - 28
New York Mets 28 - 31
Washington Nationals 26 - 34

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#326061 - 06/07/11 09:18 AM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Before politics - it's the golden rule for me:
Treat your neighbor as you would yourself, and most of the worlds troubles will go a way!
In an idea world I would agree.
Problem is: 'how' one may want to be treated, often differs, from neighborhood to neighborhood, and from culture to culture.

Sorry Scott, I'm not here to explain or debate . . . I wanted a conservative to be heard.
As a freethinker, I'm not a member of a political party, nor do I label myself conservative or liberal.
I evaluate each issue on its own merit and without influence of any given political or religious doctrine.
To better help me come to my own conclusions, I enjoy hearing from people of all different persuasions and political viewpoints.
How you come to your conservative viewpoint would be fascinating to learn, as much as how Larry, Chas, Taike, Bill, etc. came to their differing view points as well.
Because we hold such longtime Synthzone friendships (up to 12 years for some of us), cool
I doubt whatever political discussions made here will ever approach the far more member divisive arranger keyboard brand/model preferences,
so hope you might reconsider sharing more about your background and political perspective. - Scott smile

#326063 - 06/07/11 09:54 AM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Complete Opposites on the Political Spectrum...

Yet the best of friends.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online