SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#325391 - 05/30/11 07:31 AM I'm back.... miss me?
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Hey everyone,

Been off the BBS for about 7 months... this has been an exteremely busy school year, doing my student teaching and working 2 jobs.... but.,.. I made it through the student teaching phase and now all I have is my senior recital.. which I refer to as a "very" senior recital, considering I'm now 46... then I graduate with my BME degree after starting it 26 years ago.... and the kicker is, during student teaching I found that I LOVE elementary music ed... so I'm going to help the new choral person at the high school learn the ropes this next year while I do my recital, graduate and get my licensure and certification then look into elementary music jobs.... but I'll still do the church thing and gig with local stuff.....

Anyway... glad to be back....

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#325394 - 05/30/11 08:09 AM Re: I'm back.... miss me? [Re: korg4god]
montunoman Online   content

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Congratulations Jeff on your BME degree and yes I know firsthand that it takes so much hard work to complete that degree. Also with all the “adult” responsibilities that you have in your life must have made it that much harder.

I would love to someday teach a general elementary music class as well. I volunteer at my daughter’s school from time to time doing percussion demonstrations and drum circle. Fun stuff!

Welcome back, and let me ask, what did you play for your recital?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#325395 - 05/30/11 08:28 AM Re: I'm back.... miss me? [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Congratulations on your achievement ... clap clap clap

I can relate to your endeavors as I completed 10 national exams and recieved my Charted Property Casualty Underwriters (CPCU) designation at the age of 61, when many thought I would never complete it ...

Best of luck for the future ...

#325408 - 05/30/11 11:08 AM Re: I'm back.... miss me? [Re: montunoman]
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Actually I haven't done my senior recital yet, not until December but I am doing a vocal recital and the requirements for my particular college are at least 4 different time periods and 4 different languages.

So far I am doing 4 of the negro spirituals from the Burleigh collection (My Lord, What a mornin', Were You There, Deep River, and Balm in Gilead) Quia Fecit Mihi Magna (Bach), Come Away Death (Quilter), Panis Angelicus, The Holy City, and am strarting to narrow down my Italian and French pieces... should be a great recital...

BTW, I've already been accepted into the Masters in Music program at the same college starting the summer of 2012.... Will be in music theory/technology-digital music and choral conducting..maybe a minor in composition......

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#325409 - 05/30/11 11:12 AM Re: I'm back.... miss me? [Re: korg4god]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Congratulations Jeff and Tony.
I was a property and casualty agent for over 40 years in New York and Florida. I attempted the CPCU designation several times but never completed it. It is like passing the bar, a lot of work.
Bernie

#325471 - 05/31/11 10:09 AM Re: I'm back.... miss me? [Re: Bernie9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
Congratulations Jeff and Tony.
I was a property and casualty agent for over 40 years in New York and Florida. I attempted the CPCU designation several times but never completed it. It is like passing the bar, a lot of work.
Bernie

Bernie ... thanks ... it is nice when someone appreciates what it takes ... yes, it was a lot of work - took 5 years with a couple of other designations along the way, but it was worth it ... even got to take the family to Disney (Orlando) for the conferment ...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online