#325164 - 05/28/11 08:06 AM A full plastic 'keyboard'
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL

#325170 - 05/28/11 09:07 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
Dnj Offline

Definitely brings a new meaning to You "TUBE" cool2

#325171 - 05/28/11 09:17 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
nielshs Offline

when I saw the topic I thought it was something about the T4. But the plastic tubes sounds better. :-))

#325172 - 05/28/11 09:28 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: nielshs
when I saw the topic I thought it was something about the T4. But the plastic tubes sounds better. :-))

I just saw the happy face ..glad your just kidding.

Edited by Dnj (05/28/11 09:30 AM)

#325173 - 05/28/11 09:57 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj

I just saw the happy face ..glad your just kidding.

Yes, you're right, neilshs is not one to be taken very seriously, Donny. wink

Ian

#325179 - 05/28/11 11:23 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: ianmcnll]
nielshs Offline

Quote:

Yes, you're right, neilshs is not one to be taken very seriously, Donny. wink

Ian

Seriously or not. I still thing that the T4 is a plastic keyboard. rotf2

Edited by nielshs (05/28/11 11:23 AM)

#325181 - 05/28/11 12:01 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
ianmcnll Offline

Seriously or not. I still thing that the T4 is a plastic keyboard.

I can hardly contain my indifference.

Ian

#325183 - 05/28/11 01:18 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Ahhhh isn't plastic wonderful ? keys clap

#325184 - 05/28/11 01:31 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Yep...plastic is fantastic!

#325198 - 05/28/11 03:34 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
kla4 Offline

Well I did some quick/one take (NO SMF), not edited recording on my plastic toy.... I think it's pretty close to the 'PVC tube organ' ;-))
Am I right?

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1130571003/93e7258764d1686c7aed60ac6c910b97

Sorry for the few slips of my fingers (it must be the plastic knobs and keys)

btw. Why do most members post music/video stuff created by others and not self-made stuff??

Edited by kla4 (05/28/11 03:40 PM)

#325199 - 05/28/11 03:56 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: kla4
Well I did some quick/one take (NO SMF), not edited recording on my plastic toy.... I think it's pretty close to the 'PVC tube organ' ;-))
Am I right?

btw. Why do most members post music/video stuff created by others and not self-made stuff??

Very nicely done, indeed.

Well, now that you asked, Kla4...here's one I did a little while ago on the even more "plasticky" PSR-S910.

OnceInMyLife.mp3

Quick Record (live), using a style I assembled, with no overdubs...first take.

I'm still getting comfortable with the Tyros4, but will do some recordings very soon.

Thanks for your tunes...very enjoyable...especially for a "plastic toy". Ha Ha!

Ian

#325200 - 05/28/11 04:14 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
kla4 Offline

Ian,
Great tune and played by a real professional.
Soundquality superb!

tnx for your nice comments.

OT : I remember the looooong bridge to Prince Edward Island and its red/rusty sand, how is your sand?

Edited by kla4 (05/28/11 04:19 PM)

#325201 - 05/28/11 04:25 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
ianmcnll Offline

Ian,
Great tune and played by a real professional.
Soundquality superb!

tnx for your nice comments.

Thank you kindly.

Man, the Tyros4 sounds awesome...the guitars and organs, the horns...well, all the stuff you did was really nicely done...a broad variety.

We are so lucky to have these great sounds and styles literally at our fingertips.

Plus, these arrangers weigh next to nothing compared to instruments in the past, yet they are ultra reliable, and hold their value exceptionally well.

Thanks for posting your cool medley, Kla4 and thanks for giving me a little poke and making me post something myself.

And you're right...we should be posting more of our own playing, rather than third party videos and MP3's.

BTW...you sounded like you were having a great time making that recording...it sure covers a lot of genres as well. Very well done.

Ian

Sand? Mostly the ordinary kind here on Cape Breton Island. My step brother, who is a Mountie, lives on Prince Edward Island (once an islander...always an islander) and I've done many clinics and demos over there in Charlottetown, and travelled that looooonnng bridge many times.

Those red sand beaches are so cool!

Before that, there was the ferry boat...very quaint, but I like the bridge better.

Edited by ianmcnll (05/28/11 04:52 PM)
Edit Reason: added comment

#325227 - 05/29/11 03:01 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: ianmcnll]
nielshs Offline

Nice played, but the sound is thin and it's easy to hear that it's from a keyboard. Try to remove all the reverb and the T4 will sound even more thinner and unrealistic. You will never hear a real sountrack sound like that. wave

#325228 - 05/29/11 03:15 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
kla4 Offline

Nielshs,
Thanks for you nice comments.
Now we expect some stuff played by you so we all can compare. (don't try to fool us again using SMF please!)
There might be something very wrong with your speaker setup?

Let's wait what you come up with rolleyes (better styles, better sounds, better realism ....)

#325229 - 05/29/11 03:19 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
nielshs Offline

SMF??? What are you talking about?

#325231 - 05/29/11 04:12 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
kla4 Offline

OK OK let's forget the past (may 15th 2006), sorry Niels.
Now show us how your machine sounds please.

#325233 - 05/29/11 04:24 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
nielshs Offline

Still don't know what you are talking about. rolleyes

#325242 - 05/29/11 05:51 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
nielshs Offline

If you can't hear that the Audya has a more realistic and real sound than the T4 from the demos around, you have forgotten how real music sounds. You have lost your soul to a plastic toy for semi-pro and home musicans. keys

Edited by nielshs (05/29/11 05:52 AM)

#325245 - 05/29/11 06:11 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Donny,

You are overloading the server with stuff we have seen back light years.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#325246 - 05/29/11 06:15 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Roel, nice recording..great job..

#325247 - 05/29/11 06:16 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
Tony Hughes Offline

If you can't hear that the Audya has a more realistic and real sound than the T4 from the demos around, you have forgotten how real music sounds. You have lost your soul to a plastic toy for semi-pro and home musicans. keys

The ten days of Christmas starts!

" on the first day of Christmas our family a had a row "

I can feel one comin on!!!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#325258 - 05/29/11 08:19 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

The ten days of Christmas starts!

" on the first day of Christmas our family a had a row "

I can feel one comin on!!!

The best part of it is Tony, is these comments are coming from, what some have called, a "master baiter"...

Or, something resembling that remark.

Some say, that trying to converse with this type is merely taking "the bait", and a total waste of good forum space.

One would hope that Roel can see through all this malarkey...gee, all one has to do is read back a bit to it's earlier posts...same behavior.

Ian

#325284 - 05/29/11 09:43 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
kla4 Offline

Well.... pretty disappointing that N. is not capable to create/record some stuff to blow away the T4 sounds/styles.
Hard to believe how this guy's opinion was a couple of years ago, took a 180 degree turn and now takes every opportunity to slam wherever he can.
While starting the topic I predicted (for myself) he would be around in the thread..... I was right!

#325287 - 05/29/11 10:20 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
ianmcnll Offline

Well.... pretty disappointing that N. is not capable to create/record some stuff to blow away the T4 sounds/styles.
While starting the topic I predicted (for myself) he would be around in the thread..... I was right!

Yeah, Roel, some people are very predictable...and, believe me, this type is not worth wasting your time on.

You are far above that level...I really enjoyed your medley, and how it showed off the excellent styles and voices of the Tyros4.

And, thank you again, for the inspiration, and motivation, to post a tune...I'm sure I'm not the only one you inspired, and perhaps we'll see some more tunes done by others, and hopefully, on other kinds of arrangers.

Ian

#325290 - 05/29/11 10:49 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Funny, but I clearly recall hearing Nielshs music and being 'very impressed' with both his performance & the sound of his (Roland G70?) keyboard.
I don't recall a SMF being used, but instead, performed in auto accompaniment mode.
Nielshs, perhaps you can re-post your song(s) again. I for one really 'enjoyed' it. smile

Though I don't agree with Nielshs' assessment about Tyros 4 (afterall, I do own one and love the sound),
since he owns/owned both a T3 (but not a T4 wink ) and G70 at the same time, I respect his personal opinion, albeit bluntly presented.
Frankly I could care less what fellow members prefer or play, but instead admire what peope can do on the instrument they actually play.
As Montunoman stated in his sig: It's not the keyboard but the keyboardist that matters the most. cool

#325291 - 05/29/11 11:09 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
nielshs Offline

Hard to believe how this guy's opinion was a couple of years ago, took a 180 degree turn and now takes every opportunity to slam wherever he can.

Hi Roel

I'm capable, so just tell me what song you want me to record. smile
I don't take every opportunity to slam, but just trying to tell you Tyros guys that you don't own the best keyboard of the arranger market. When I bourght the Audya I still got the T3 and could easily make a comparison. Compared I was blown away by the sound from the Aydya and was surprised how thin my T3 sounded. Maybe it's not easy to hear in the demos around, but through a good PA the Audya is the absolut winner.

Edited by nielshs (05/29/11 11:12 AM)

#325292 - 05/29/11 11:11 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Scottyee]
nielshs Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Funny, but I clearly recall hearing Nielshs music and being 'very impressed' with both his performance & the sound of his (Roland G70?) keyboard.
I don't recall a SMF being used, but instead, performed in auto accompaniment mode.
Nielshs, perhaps you can re-post your song(s) again. I for one really 'enjoyed' it. smile

Though I don't agree with Nielshs' assessment about Tyros 4 (afterall, I do own one and love the sound),
since he owns/owned both a T3 (but not a T4 wink ) and G70 at the same time, I respect his personal opinion, albeit bluntly presented.
Frankly I could care less what fellow members prefer or play, but instead admire what peope can do on the instrument they actually play.
As Montunoman stated in his sig: It's not the keyboard but the keyboardist that matters the most. cool

Thanks Scott smile

#325302 - 05/29/11 12:03 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Yes, I heard Nielshs's music, and it was basically pretty good, although a tad sterile and a bit emotionless...probably due to that "bluntness" in personality being carried over into the presentation/interpretation of music.

However, a bit of talent shouldn't be an excuse to slam keyboards over and over...especially since sound is strictly a personal choice and preference.

Impressed by his playing? It was good, I agree. smile

Impressed by his manners. Nope, I'm afraid not. smirk

Scott, I deal with professionals nearly everyday, from all over the world, and we always share the basic skills of politeness, in spite of language and cultural differences...but, I guess having this skill isn't as well distributed among pros as I thought, or our lad isn't as professional as he likes to pretend he is.

And yes, I agree...Montunoman is right...it's not the keyboard but keyboardist that matters the most.

Ian

PS...T3 and T4 are markedly different, so owning/playing a T3 doesn't really qualify anyone to judge the Tyros4, in my opinion.

#325304 - 05/29/11 12:23 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
Dnj Offline

No its the keyboard And The player....and how he operates it.

#325309 - 05/29/11 12:39 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
nielshs Offline

Hi

It's the sound coming out of the PA speakers that means something to me. The Aydya has a much warmer and fuller sound, and the audio loops (drums, bas and guitar) makes it sound more like a real band. Isn't that we all want, to sound as realistic as possibil? In this contence the Audya blows the T4 away in my opinion.

#325312 - 05/29/11 12:50 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
Scottyee Offline

The Aydya has a much warmer and fuller sound, and the audio loops (drums, bas and guitar) makes it sound more like a real band.
The remaining obstacle for me not purchasing a Ketron Audya keyboard yet is its reputed poor reliability (reported by more than a few people I know) and reported poor aftermarket support and repair turnaround, especially since there are no dealers or authorized repair centers in my local area (San Francisco Bay Area).

#325316 - 05/29/11 01:08 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
ianmcnll Offline

Hi

It's the sound coming out of the PA speakers that means something to me. The Aydya has a much warmer and fuller sound, and the audio loops (drums, bas and guitar) makes it sound more like a real band. Isn't that we all want, to sound as realistic as possibil? In this contence the Audya blows the T4 away in my opinion.

Of course the sound an instrument makes through our speakers is very important to most of us here, if not all.

However, just because you think the Audya blows away the Tyros4, doesn't mean that it's true for everyone...and calling the Tyros4 a "plastic toy" is insulting to anyone who has bought one and really likes the instrument. However, you are entitled to your opinion, even if it isn't accurate.

Personally, I think the Audya is a fine instrument, in it's own right, but I really don't think it "blows away" the Tyros4.

In fact, to those of us who own and play Tyros4, the Audya isn't even a small puff of wind...yet, we don't need to throw that fact in your face over and over.

We also wouldn't be crass enough call the Audya a "tinny toy" because Ketron doesn't have the progressive technology to make it out of plastic. wink

Yes, we have our differences, but wouldn't you agree that we'd get much more mileage, and far less friction out of our threads and posts, if we took more time to identify with other players, rather than compare?

Ian

#325319 - 05/29/11 01:15 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

The remaining obstacle for me not purchasing a Ketron Audya keyboard yet is its reputed poor reliability (reported by more than a few people I know) and reported poor aftermarket support and repair turnaround, especially since there are no dealers or authorized repair centers in my local area (San Francisco Bay Area).

They won't even carry the line at all here in Eastern Canada, and arrangers are very popular here.

Dealers quote poor reliability, and dismal support, as the main reasons for not carrying the product.

It may sound wonderful, but if it's going to sit on a repairman's table for much of it's life, I don't think having a warm full sound is going to make up for it.

Ian

#325320 - 05/29/11 01:17 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Scottyee]
nielshs Offline

Hi Scott

I know lot of Audya player reporting that it works almost perfect. Those reporting problems here at SZ are the same 4-5 people, and most of the time it's not bugs they have found but a wrong way how they operate the keyboard.

Edited by nielshs (05/29/11 01:19 PM)

#325322 - 05/29/11 01:32 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: ianmcnll]
nielshs Offline

Hi Ian

The poor reliability issue is IMHO only rumors and nothing more. I had no prolems with my Audya so far. The first dealer I spoke to said "don't buy it, it's full of bugs etc.", but it was not. I think it's a shame if Ketron has to go out of buisness because of those rumors. confused

#325324 - 05/29/11 01:47 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
ianmcnll Offline

Hi Ian

The poor reliability issue is IMHO only rumors and nothing more. I had no prolems with my Audya so far. The first dealer I spoke to said "don't buy it, it's full of bugs etc.", but it was not. I think it's a shame if Ketron has to go out of buisness because of those rumors. confused

If they are only rumors, Nielshs, then that is a shame.

The dealers I spoke with were quite hesitant to bring Ketron in, especially when they already have product that sells very well, has factory support with clinician help available before and after the sale, and has very few, if any, issues of reliability, rumored or otherwise.

What can Ketron do to eliminate these rumors?

Ian

#325330 - 05/29/11 02:10 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: ianmcnll]
nielshs Offline

I think it's very difficult to get rid of those rumors. The only who can get Ketron back on the right track is the Audya owners. I'm one of them and will do almost evrything (even slas the T4 grin ) to tell keyboard players the advantages of the Audya compared to the others brands. But it's obviously more interesting for some users to tell about some minor bugs instead. They can't understand that no keyboard is perfect.

Edited by nielshs (05/29/11 02:11 PM)

#325337 - 05/29/11 02:49 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
Dnj Offline

I think it's very difficult to get rid of those rumors. The only who can get Ketron back on the right track is the Audya owners. I'm one of them and will do almost evrything (even slas the T4 grin ) to tell keyboard players the advantages of the Audya compared to the others brands. But it's obviously more interesting for some users to tell about some minor bugs instead. They can't understand that no keyboard is perfect.

lets face it the only way to deter the Ketron rumors is to ..

1- Make them more "available worldwide" in Dealerships so people can play them..this is the most important thing......if they are worthy in sound & features people will search them out and buy buy buy...

2- Improve service customer relations

3- Bring it's features up to date with the competition

4- Make it more "out of the box" ready to play for beginners and pros alike

I have personally performed with many Ketron products, and my good friend Prince AJ has demoed all these units including the Audya line for me & consulted with us about how they can be improved. Honestly I really like the Audya 5 once you tame her and you know what your doing you'll have a super arranger.....some really cool features that no one has...at this time it's between the Tyros 4 & Audya 5... but I'm a bit weary and want to wait just a little bit more as there is too much on the near horizon in technology to jump the gun..
enjoy what you play.

#325338 - 05/29/11 02:50 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
kla4 Offline

Funny also this tiny word 'plastic' proves to be a HUGE catalyst.
In this thread no one stated the T4 is the 'best in the world' and no one asked for your opinion Niels

I owned Solton/Ketron instruments, experienced problems and the lack of support/service, many self-repairs needed on power-supplies, LCD displays, diskdrives, buttons, keyswitches etc.)
The T4 is my choice because of the model, hardware quality, weight (plastic), ease of use(r interface), dealer support, sound & style quality..... may I?

Let's enjoy or instruments and forum please??

Edited by kla4 (05/29/11 02:51 PM)

#325344 - 05/29/11 03:58 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
Scottyee Offline

I still thing that the T4 is a plastic keyboard.

I agree, and I'm glad that it's plastic, because it's the plastic that keeps the T4 weight significantly lighter (yet plenty strong) to enhance its portability and easier transport. That said, how many people here have broken or cracked a Yamaha arrangee T series keyboard case? I certainly haven't read any reports of this.

#325345 - 05/29/11 04:14 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

I still thing that the T4 is a plastic keyboard.

I agree, and I'm glad that it's plastic, because it's the plastic that keeps the T4 weight significantly lighter (yet plenty strong) to enhance its portability and easier transport. That said, how many people here have broken or cracked a Yamaha arrangee T series keyboard case? I certainly haven't read any reports of this.

Exactly Scott...nothing wrong with high tech lightweight plastic products.

#325432 - 05/30/11 05:52 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Dnj]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

#325434 - 05/30/11 06:15 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
ianmcnll Offline

Excellent, Nigel! I love it!

#325447 - 05/31/11 02:24 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
That was awesome! But isn't it more of a marimba than an organ? Anyways I would love to see some info on how that concoction was constructed!

DocZ

#325523 - 05/31/11 08:01 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: ianmcnll]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Well, now that you asked, Kla4...here's one I did a little while ago on the even more "plasticky" PSR-S910.

OnceInMyLife.mp3

Quick Record (live), using a style I assembled, with no overdubs...first take.

I'm still getting comfortable with the Tyros4, but will do some recordings very soon.

Ian

Almost missed this...Nice job Ian, even Stevie would be proud.
BTW...Are you sure this was recorded on a plastic arranger?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#325526 - 05/31/11 08:22 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: lahawk]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: lahawk

Almost missed this...Nice job Ian, even Stevie would be proud.
BTW...Are you sure this was recorded on a plastic arranger?

Thanks for the nice words, Larry.

Yes it was plastic...hey, the "Big Electron" decreed we could make it...so, who are we to dispute such a high authority?

I love Stevie Wonder's music...listening to it, it's hard not to be moved in some way.

A true musical genius.

Ian

#325548 - 06/01/11 08:17 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Nigel,

Absolutely incredible video! I loved every aspect of how this production was put together. The choreographer and all the performers did incredible jobs.

Thanks,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online