Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#325035 - 05/26/11 05:27 PM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Bill, I've been following and enjoying smile your political blog,
Just took the Pew Poll and the result categorized me (predictably) as: 'Post Modern'
Bill et al:
Ok, I've now got to admit that, though it 'sounds' cool cool , I'm actually not familiar with the term 'Post Modern' in regards to politics.
Can someone please explain what it refers to as far as one's Political leaning.
Thanks. - Scott smile

#325042 - 05/26/11 07:20 PM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Here's the Pew Research Center page describing what each category means....

If you browse around the home page there additional info available about the study and survey. Your group Scott, in general strongly favors re-electing President Obama. Does that jive with your feelings?

#325045 - 05/26/11 08:18 PM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Bill:
First of all, I'm registered as an 'Independent'.
Considering what Obama inherited,I think he's probably doing as well (and possibly better) than anybody else (from either party) put in the same situation could.
The problem lies with the 'intense' polarization of the electorate, with neither side willing to compromise, resulting in nothing ever getting accomplished.
As far as re-electing him, considering the others currently running, Obama still has my vote, but not so strongly as you say the 'Post Modern' group suggests.

#325049 - 05/27/11 12:25 AM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Scottyee]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

I think that is the smart thing to do. Never tie yourself to any party line and simply choose the best candidate at the time.

If people do always align themselves with a party and let them make decisions for them then that is their choice. It is just not my idea of free thinking.

#325050 - 05/27/11 01:10 AM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Stanley is GREAT! I also love my little buddy Victor Wooten.R.

Stanley, Victor and Marcus Miller jamming together ... and I just love that harmonized bass run that they finish on.

Oops sorry, forgot this was a political thread .... maybe it's not too late for the presidential candidates to take up playing bass guitar

#325054 - 05/27/11 05:01 AM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Nigel]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Stanley is GREAT! I also love my little buddy Victor Wooten.R.

Stanley, Victor and Marcus Miller jamming together ... and I just love that harmonized bass run that they finish on.

Oops sorry, forgot this was a political thread .... maybe it's not too late for the presidential candidates to take up playing bass guitar

Oh but they do, lol...

(Well, Huckabee's officially not running, but this was as close as I could find..)

#325055 - 05/27/11 05:09 AM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Scottyee]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Hi Bill:
Considering what Obama inherited,I think he's probably doing as well (and possibly better) than anybody else (from either party) put in the same situation could.
The problem lies with the 'intense' polarization of the electorate, with neither side willing to compromise, resulting in nothing ever getting accomplished.
As far as re-electing him, considering the others currently running, Obama still has my vote, but not so strongly as you say the 'Post Modern' group suggests.

Agreed, Scott. Things like this can paint a generally accurate picture of a person's political leanings, but its not a black and white thing. I've voted Republican the two of the last three elections. Not because I was enamored with George Bush, but because I was so un-impressed with the candidates from the left.

I voted for Obama and will probably do so again. As I continue to slide to the left what choice do I have? A moderate conservative probably couldn't get elected in this environment and there's no way I vote for a Tea Party type. I think Obama's done some difficult things and I give him full marks for those (i.e. health care reform) but he also has really made some silly mistakes along the way. It should be a very interesting campaign season and I pray...I PRAY...Sarah Palin gets into the race, which it appears she may at some point.

Call it a Bloggers holiday, lol... party

Remember, the Republicans have to eat all but one of their own before taking on Obama.

Get the popcorn, guys...

Edited by Bill in Dayton (05/27/11 05:15 AM)

#325062 - 05/27/11 08:34 AM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
MARCUS MILLER FOR PRESIDENT!

YEA!

R.

#325210 - 05/28/11 09:28 PM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
According to the poll, I'm a Solid Liberal, but I was a Hillary backer, even though she is more to the center than Obama.

During the 2008 Democrat Primaries for POTUS, Hillary Clinton won the big States where people actually live...New York, California, Pennsylvania,etc. Obama however won all those little States, many of those States that would never vote for a Democrat on Election Day.

I wonder if anything would have been different with Hillary. Perhaps, we would have an even better Health Care plan with a Public Option. Maybe we would have been nearly totally withdrawn from Iraq, and Afghanistan would be dwindling down. The GITMO fiasco would be over, and the Bush tax cuts for the super rich would have been allowed to expire.

So while Obama is OK...Hillary may have been a better choice. Don't get me wrong, I like Obama, and voted for him, McCain /Palin was a scary. ticket. I just liked Hillary's experience and toughness a bit more.

PS: Bill...you voted for Bush over Gore? What did you NOT like about '92-99'? Too much Peace and Prosperity? Are you now happy with that vote? I do agree with you, in '04 the Dem's could have, and should have run someone other than Kerry, although he would have been better than Bush. IMO

PSS: Palin running for President would be interesting... in an annoying sort of way. cry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#325213 - 05/28/11 10:04 PM Re: What Political type are you? [Re: captain Russ]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
MARCUS MILLER FOR PRESIDENT!

YEA!

R.

And he's a way better bass player than Mike Huckabee

And I doubt he'd play for Ted Nugent