SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32476 - 01/08/06 02:50 AM Style maker program for the midjay
to the genesys Offline

I am considering getting the midjay but had a question.

Is there a computer program where I can create or edit styles for the midjay?

That is where I can use all the sounds on the Midjay but create or edit a style using a PC program.

This is the only thing preventing me from getting a Midjay.

#32477 - 01/08/06 02:53 AM Re: Style maker program for the midjay
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Have you tried EMC Styleworks?I think they have a demo.
vio

#32478 - 01/08/06 10:00 AM Re: Style maker program for the midjay
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by viocaia:
Have you tried EMC Styleworks?I think they have a demo.
vio

Thanks,
I could try EMC but I wanted to know and see if Ketron had a software program that would allow us to create and or edit styles using the midjay, a midi controller and a computer all connected together.

#32479 - 01/08/06 06:19 PM Re: Style maker program for the midjay
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I haven't got a Midijay, but I recently bought the SD1 plus.
I upgraded my EMC software from Yamaha. I also bought the Plus package for additional functions. Gives the ability to event edit within EMC itself. Saves having to export the style to an external pc sequencer for minor editing.

I have my sd1 midied to the laptop. I have the option listening to the styles as I edit using the sd1 as the soundsource.

Saves having to load & save styles into the keyboard everytime I do a minor change.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Thanks,
I could try EMC but I wanted to know and see if Ketron had a software program that would allow us to create and or edit styles using the midjay, a midi controller and a computer all connected together.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#32480 - 01/09/06 01:25 AM Re: Style maker program for the midjay
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi,
I haven't got a Midijay, but I recently bought the SD1 plus.
I upgraded my EMC software from Yamaha. I also bought the Plus package for additional functions. Gives the ability to event edit within EMC itself. Saves having to export the style to an external pc sequencer for minor editing.

I have my sd1 midied to the laptop. I have the option listening to the styles as I edit using the sd1 as the soundsource.

Saves having to load & save styles into the keyboard everytime I do a minor change.

best wishes
Rikki

Thanks Rikki.
Can you create a new style using EMC?
I would like to make styles speciffic to the keyboard I have because sometimes I would use 3 or 4 drum tracks in a style so that I can get greater controll in a live setting with the different drum sounds in a style.

#32481 - 01/09/06 04:03 PM Re: Style maker program for the midjay
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Genesys,
there is a Solton Yahoo user group, that could probably answer questions better than me. Bear in mind I've only had my sd1 since xmas so I'm certainly no expert on the subject.

Emc used to have a downloadable demo on site ?? Not sure if they still do. http://www.emc-musicsoftware.de/viashop/storefront/start.asp?
EMC has a song to style convertor , load a midifile & assign to the various parts.
So, if you created your style in an external sequencer, saved as midifile, I can't see why it shouldn't work. To be honest I haven't used it much yet, mainly because I only upgraded a few days ago for use with the Ketron.
Prior to that , I was a content OMB user, and did any style editing or creating in OMB. I only used EMC to convert the occasional style to Yamaha format.

As for the 3 or 4 drum tracks, do you mean you change the drumset in some of the variations ie use standard in vari 1 , brush in vari 2 etc
There's only 2 drum tracks in a style
Drum 2 (Live Drums) midi channel 9
Drum 1 ( normal drum sets) midi channel 10

Drum2 ( Live Drums ) can apparently use audio loops?? Concept I've never come across with any of my earlier keyboards. haven't quite come to terms with how that works.

What I did was download the 2 manuals of the sd1+ & the midijay to compare the differences.

The manuals can be downloaded at http://www.ketron.it/home/

There's also some comparison demo's on this site http://www.ketronus.com/downloads.html

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Thanks Rikki.
Can you create a new style using EMC?
I would like to make styles speciffic to the keyboard I have because sometimes I would use 3 or 4 drum tracks in a style so that I can get greater controll in a live setting with the different drum sounds in a style.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#32482 - 01/10/06 02:08 AM Re: Style maker program for the midjay
to the genesys Offline

Hi Rikki,

I'll check that mailing list out to see if Ketron has a style maker program for the midjay.

When I talk about having 2 or 3 drum tracks, I use more than what is allowed for drum tracks.

So for example, on my genesys, of the 8 style tracks, there is only one drum track by default.

What I would do is use one or two of the other tracks for drums. So for example, I would have bass and snare on the original drum track, cowbell on another and handclap onn another. Then in order to make sure that the newly created drum tracks do not change notes when I change chords, I would lock those track so that they would act like a drum track. This way gives me a better way of controlling and mixing the sound on a live gig.

That is why I was hoping I could have created styles from scratch using EMC. Well I guess I would have to continue searching for such a program.

#32483 - 01/10/06 11:41 PM Re: Style maker program for the midjay
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Genesys,
you may want to double check to see if the midijay is capable of doing what you want with the drum tracks.
I don't think I've come across the function of being able to lock a track . Hopefully it's not a feature unique to the Genesys.
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by to the genesys:
[B]Hi Rikki,

When I talk about having 2 or 3 drum tracks, I use more than what is allowed for drum tracks.

So for example, on my genesys, of the 8 style tracks, there is only one drum track by default.

What I would do is use one or two of the other tracks for drums. So for example, I would have bass and snare on the original drum track, cowbell on another and handclap onn another. Then in order to make sure that the newly created drum tracks do not change notes when I change chords, I would lock those track so that they would act like a drum track.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#32484 - 02/04/06 10:07 AM Re: Style maker program for the midjay
midimast Offline

Loc: Rhodes Greece
Hi Genesys, I realy don't know what is going on with MidJay but this function with differend Drum tracks is useless in SD1 because there is a drum mixer you beter check your mid jay for that function . In drum mixer everything you need like volume, reverb, pan, is in your hand in real time .. you can mute the snare the BD and soo..
Now for the style creating I use Cakewalk sonar and the pattern editor of SD1.
Just write your style in midi.
seperate the channels as follows
10 DRUMS
9 Live Drums
5 Bass
6,7,8,11,12 Chord tracks 1to5
set all volumes to 100 and put the effects you will use so you can hear the velocity right
write different parts like intro, A, B, C,
and leave one empty measure between (you can have 2 and more mesures in A B C D but only one in Fills)
now in MIDI section of the instrument sellect CLOCK SOFTTHRU in CLOCK IN
Remove the out midi cable from the instrument Because it makes feedbacks(some things have to fix) and the serial cable too or usb in Midjay. Just let the midi1 input under MIDI Section Utility to be in Keyboard mode and not to GM
then in Pattern edit Create a new pattern
and Do MIDI RECORD.
In this mode the instrument waits the computer to start After pressing record. Set quantize in istrument in 0
Star the play back from the empty measure (The istrument Counts in 4) they will synchronized.You will be ammazed with the quality of the styles because you don't have to quantize in istrument so you have Real srums and extra effects for guitars you can use the live drums, Slide notes, and use all the controlers for Midi

[This message has been edited by midimast (edited 02-04-2006).]

[This message has been edited by midimast (edited 02-04-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online