SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#324527 - 05/19/11 03:35 PM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Flip, Flop and Fly - Downchild Blues Band. Man I know I'm gettin' old. I remember when Big Joe Turner brought this out in 1966. I saw him perform it live a couple years later in Baltimore, I believe it was at the "Mardis Gras," which back in those days featured all the big name performers, Sinatra, Little Richard, Deane Martin, Perry Como and a host of others.

Some neat lists,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#324549 - 05/20/11 12:24 AM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: kbrkr]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Al,
shock horror, I'm seriously considering a Yamaha again. As much as I luv the Korg & it's style creation functions, I do prefer Yamaha styles. Worse still I had the problem of the rather expensive replacement of the LCD screen on the PA800, and now I've just noticed something has gone wrong with a couple of the sounds. Still more than playable, but starting to wonder about reliability. Had seriously been condering PA3X, now I'm not so sure.
Don't know if hubby's generosity will quite extend to a T4 ( retail price of over $7 K in Australia, but can probably be bought a bit cheaper with discount) or I'll possibly have to settle for a PSRs910 at way less than half the price.
Maybe I'll get more playing done with a Yammie, instead of having to spend time converting psr to Korg haahaa Now that would be novel.

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Well, welcome back! It's good to take a break from music from time to time. I actually took a break from keyboards for a while while my tendonitis healed. I was playing so much that errors in my technique were hurting me. So I corrected that and now I'm back with a vengeance. I'm doing some solo work, playing keys in a Wedding band and I'm an 1st Call drummer with a few bands; Whew plus I work full time. Talk about a full life!

I gave up on the Korg's due to the quirky style .set files and dated sounds and went for the Tyros4 which really suits the type of music i'm playing much more. Those natural and acoustic sounds and the Super Articulation are really to die for.

Good luck with your decision on what to get. You really have some wonderful choices out there.

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Al,
I haven't been around for a few months. Had a bit of a musical break. Got offered a new keyboard the other day ( to get me out of the doldrums), so now I have the problem of deciding what to get, if anything.
Descisions Decisions haahaa.

A lot of the songs you & Scott play really appeal to me.
I luv the old 40'50's type music.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#324550 - 05/20/11 12:26 AM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: donpatt]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Don,
as I just mentioned to Al, I may be joining the Yammie ranks again. Been a while.

Originally Posted By: donpatt
Hey Rikki, nice to see you back. Good luck in your Kybd search. I too have the T4 which I love.

Scott Yee
You use a lot of 3rd party styles. Are these available commercially? Do you have any vendor names other than Yamaha?

Thanks to all for sharing your list.
Don P

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#324580 - 05/20/11 02:57 PM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: rikkisbears]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA

I hope I’m not too late to post about this topic.
With this discussion/topic in mind, I made an effort to remember tunes that I used for the past 2 gigs. Wednesday was a stand up show – I used a wireless midi accordion with the wireless mic so I was able to move through the audience. All but 3 tunes are vocals and I got an encore request. Thursday was a restaurant gig and I just sit at the end of the dining area and do my thing … softly at the beginning of the eve. then a little livelier as the wine kicks in.

WEDNESDAY SHOW:
SO, WHAT’S NEW
ALL I DO IS DREAM IF YOU – shuffle
ON BROADWAY
ALL OF ME – ala M. Buble
AROUND THE WORLD – fast shuffle
ESO BESO – P. Anka Samba
TOO MUCH STUFF – D. McClinton
VOLARE
I’M GONNA BE A WHEEL SOMEDAY – Fats
FESTIOLA – Tarantella (instrumental)
HAVA NAGILA “
ROSAMUNDA “
GIGOLO
QUANDO, QUANDO
COME FLY WITH ME
BA BA BACIA MI – Rosemary Clooney
THAT OLD BLACK MAGIC – ala Prima
BELLA BELLA SIGNORINA
Fast jazz rhythm for walk off

Requested Encore:
ANGELINA/CHELA LUNA – ala Prima
CHE LA LA – Soca beat
FORGET DOMANI – Cumbia beat

THURSDAY RESTAURANT GIG:
SORRIENTO/SANTA LUCIA/OUI MARIE medley
ARRIVERDERCI ROMA
O SOLE MIO medley
NAPOLI MEDLEY
TE VOGLIO BENE
VITTA NA CROZZA
WALTZ MEDLEY
AMOR, AMOR, AMOR
MALA FEMMENA
CHA CHA MEDLEY
GUARDA CHE LUNA
SPEAK SOFTLY
VOLARE
MAMBO STRAMBO
CHE SERA – ala Bruno Martino
AL DI LA
CHITARRA ROMANA
INNAMORATA
RESTA CU MME
THAT’S LIFE
VIA CON ME
TARANTELLA BELLA/HEY CUMPARI
FERRY BOAT SERENADE/PEPINO the Italian mouse
FROM THE VINE/THAT’S AMORE
VICINO MARE
EVENING IN ROMA
CHE LA LA
DOMANI
OUI MARIE shuffle
ANGELINA/CHE LA LUNA
GRANDE GRANDE
PASSERA
FESTIOLA
AMORE MIO
QUANDO QUANDO
COME BALLI BENE BELLA BIMBA
CON UN BACIO PICCOLISIMO
MARINA
COME FLY WITH ME
AIN’T THAT A KICK
GIGOLO
BA BA BACIA MI
BELLA BELLA
CON TE PARTIRO
BUONA SERA

Ciao,
Jerry

#324582 - 05/20/11 03:30 PM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Jerry T]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Jerry...
Anyone who does Delbert's "Too Much Stuff" is alright in my book. clap
Eddie

#324584 - 05/20/11 03:41 PM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Scottyee]
124 Offline

Any Delbert McClinton is alright with me, too. Gotta get on that I'm Standing on Shakey Ground.

#324690 - 05/22/11 03:30 AM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

"Roll out the barrel"

Thats me about done in!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#324691 - 05/22/11 03:34 AM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: travlin'easy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Gary,

Never mind about the tosh we all play who is the oldest memebr on SZ, BTW not the most experieced. Perhaps me and you hey!

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#324693 - 05/22/11 04:50 AM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Don't rush oldness you'll get there soon enough like us all wink

#324830 - 05/24/11 09:52 AM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Thanks to everyone for sharing their current "most often" played/requested songs. smile
After going thru and checking the list, then searching & listening to various renditions of them on YouTube,
here are the ones I'm most interested in learning & possibly adding to my performance repertoire now:

A House Is Not A Home (Capt Russ)
Sultans Of Swing (Nick G.)
La Paloma (Nick G.) Elvis Version " No More"
Quizas Quizas Quizas (Motunoman Paul)
Songbird (Kbrkr Al)
The Water Is Wide (Bill Dayton)
1,2,3 (Dnj)
Return To Me (Gar Diamond)
Gimme One Reason (Uncle Dave)
Toes (UD & DonM)
Riders on the Stsorm (124)
All I Do Is Dream Of You (JerryT)

Anybody else here care to share their currently 'most often played' personal favorite/requested tunes? cool

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online