SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#321625 - 04/12/11 02:31 PM Re: I need your opinion,,,pick the first or second [Re: Fran Carango]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I liked the latter part too, for the same reasons as Bill

#321627 - 04/12/11 02:44 PM Re: I need your opinion,,,pick the first or second [Re: Bernie9]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
I liked the latter part too, for the same reasons as Bill

Thanks Bernie.....that maakes 3-0...

Can you record the seq on the Audya and KN7000....No need to record the G70 smile

#321636 - 04/12/11 03:54 PM Re: I need your opinion,,,pick the first or second [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I thought the drums were punchier on the 2nd one, but the guitar had some weird bendy anomalies, which suggests that the original sequence was made on the first kb. SyEx might be to blame for the subtle differences. Overall, the first recording was smooth, but I'd tweak it for my personal taste. I'd need to tweek the 2nd too, but for different reasons. I didn't listen too long, but they are both fine. If I had to choose on, I'd take the 2nd in this instance too, but I really miss the organ in both sequences. That was always my favorite part of this song! I guess, the sequencer left room for us players! lol

#321639 - 04/12/11 04:25 PM Re: I need your opinion,,,pick the first or second [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

4-0

Yes ..we have to play...Organ works and also a bright piano..

The seq is identical for each instrument..

BTW: the MS version used the N.I. Bandstand converted to be used as the default GM wavetable..

#321640 - 04/12/11 04:31 PM Re: I need your opinion,,,pick the first or second [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

so in the end what KB is #2?

#321645 - 04/12/11 05:44 PM Re: I need your opinion,,,pick the first or second [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Keyboard #1 was the PA800....Keyboard #2....the 4-0 choice was the G70..and yes I also thought it was hands down, the better sound..

#321647 - 04/12/11 06:03 PM Re: I need your opinion,,,pick the first or second [Re: Fran Carango]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Make it 5-0 (slightly)

The second one sounded clearer and fuller. The first was softer, more mellow and may be better for dinner music.

BOTH good in their own way

BTW The Phillies are losing 5-1 cry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#321649 - 04/12/11 06:12 PM Re: I need your opinion,,,pick the first or second [Re: lahawk]
Fran Carango Offline

Make it 6-0 with my choice too..

BTW: guys and gals that have a G70/E80...take this seq and use the "cover" tools for a quick edit...change the drums to "house" and change the bass to "pop synth"..I do this on the fly when I need to accent the seq for big time DANCE MUSIC.... smile

This quick fix works with anything that I need to get folks up..and if you want to rattle the building add the "Mastering tools" compressor... rocker

#321687 - 04/13/11 05:17 AM Re: I need your opinion,,,pick the first or second [Re: Fran Carango]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Fran/Donny:

I started reading the thread, but didn't download the mp3 right away. It's when it got to the Donny buying breakfast I got thrown for a loop ( no pun intended ) I figured you two had a side bet going on who would buy based on what SZ members voted for what. #2 was what I preferred as well. Was it a bet or not on who buys?

#321696 - 04/13/11 06:25 AM Re: I need your opinion,,,pick the first or second [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Stephen, No there were no bets or deceiving...I have been trying to use the PA800 for the last month...It is light, and a decent all around arranger, with some strenghts, and some quirks...I can use it when I feel the need for a smaller, easy set up (many of my summer jobs call for this)...

There are often times this past month, I just shake my head, missing what I know, to be a compromise to what the G70 does..One of these is the sound....I asked for opinion to rule out my predeceived opinion that the G70 is twice the board for me (not just in weight).. smile

The small poll confirmed this for me...

The all in one solution (Speakers, mic input, harmonizer, MP3 player) works well enough)..Too many button pushes for the MP3 player...Harmonizer is barely adequate..User friendliness leaves a lot to be desired,...limited buffer problem for seq play...but most of all..the ability to edit on the fly as the G70 does...

Some of the Korg styles are simply the best...but every style that I liked converted well to the G70 , and sound just as good on the G70..

Twice I had the PA800 up for sale, ..I removed it twice and also turned down fair offers...Why? because it does what I expected from it....If I didn't know better being a G70 owner..I would most likely be as content as other PA800 owners...but I do know better.. frown

When I have my G70 and a laptop set up on stage, it is without a doubt the best set up I can use...If I didn't have to fight the summer Jersey shore crowds to reach the stage...this would be my only choice...but I have seen the benefit the last year or two..using a small set up (Prelude)..so I most likely will continue this pattern with the PA800.

Don't be surprised...if I go back to the Prelude..it handles the audio player better than the PA800, and the non exsisting one on the G70.. smile

So.............No bets, but Donny is buying breakfast, for me digging out the MS for his requested demo.. grin

Edited by Fran Carango (04/13/11 06:29 AM)

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online