SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#321238 - 04/08/11 11:41 AM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: john smies]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
If the organs on the PA3Xopro are anything like the ones on the PA2Xpro, they are very, very good.

Korg has always done a fine job with Hammond emulations, in my opinion...their CX/BX-3 organs are excellent.

The question is still, are there enough fresh DNC voices and features to make a PA2Xpro owner want to change up.

It would be a no-brainer for a PA-800, or a PA-500 user to want to get the new model.

Ian

#321255 - 04/08/11 02:28 PM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: john smies]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
they were certainly some nice demos . no complaints from me. But they were demos done in a studio . I still have my reservations about how the instrument will sound live without being treated by sound engineers. Time will tell .

I loved the arrangements though in the songs .

#321268 - 04/08/11 05:45 PM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: john smies]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I want to know how this baby sounds playing songs like Telmo plays!

All thos edemos were mostly FASt songs...you can not hear the sounds when playing that stuff.

I will have to play one myself to see.

The demos were just ok to me, because not one of the songs is stuff I like.
You need to play those sounds...hold those notes, change up on articulations...to really hear what it sounds like, then all the fast stuff is a given.

Edited by leeboy (04/08/11 05:47 PM)

#321281 - 04/09/11 03:35 AM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: john smies]
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Personally I really like the sound of this thing. It actually sounds pretty realistic. For instance that violin has so many different elements it's crazy! I have yet to hear a keyboard that can reproduce the different articulations of a violin that good. Even the Tyros family doesn't do it that well - in my opinion. The guitars sound pretty good - still a little to go to sound completely realistic - but they are a lot better than Yamaha's noisy - let's throw in a lot of percussive guitar noises to make it sound real approach. For instance it is really rare to hear fret noise unless the player keeps his/her fingers on the fretboard at all times and slide a bar chord up and down. (Or the player adds it on purpose for effect). In these examples the guitars sound pretty close to what a guitar sounds like in a professional mix. The drums sound good, and the bass is punchy. I also like that the overall sound is not too compressed, that way this board is pretty usable in the studio as well. Oh man.... now I'm torn between this baby and the BK-7m. I'm glad Yamaha didn't release the PSR-920 and PSR-720 at Musikmesse, then the choice would be even more difficult.

DocZ

#321299 - 04/09/11 08:45 AM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: john smies]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
While it MIGHT be interesting to see how well this could do something like Telmo plays, let's face it... that is a TINY niche segment of what is ACTUALLY likely to get played by anyone buying one. Personally, I'd like to hear more of what Korg does traditionally BETTER than everyone else... smooth jazz, modern jazz, hiphop type styles, some more rock, R&B (modern and old), acid jazz, chilldown, that kind of thing.

I doubt I'll ever find a gig playing Andrew Lloyd Webber, but I can work 24/7 playing smooth jazz and the like...

#321300 - 04/09/11 08:48 AM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: Diki]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
What do you think sofar about the PA3x after hearing these demos Diki?

#321303 - 04/09/11 09:12 AM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: leeboy]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: leeboy
I want to know how this baby sounds playing songs like Telmo plays!

All thos edemos were mostly FASt songs...you can not hear the sounds when playing that stuff.

I will have to play one myself to see.

The demos were just ok to me, because not one of the songs is stuff I like.
You need to play those sounds...hold those notes, change up on articulations...to really hear what it sounds like, then all the fast stuff is a given.

Well said Lee...it's easy to hide poor loops, and other flaws behind a flurry of notes. Also, what we've heard on these demos may not be performed "live"...big difference.

I have a feeling the Korg is not going to do it for you, if you are expecting it to perform the music you like at the same level and quality as the Tyros4...but, only playing both will really be the clincher.

Telmo chose the Yamaha over a Korg for that very reason...it works best for his music and his style.

However, I play quite a range of genres, especially for my clinics/demos and the Tyros4 is more than competent in whatever style of music I perform.

Ian

#321347 - 04/09/11 04:53 PM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: john smies]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
As far as i can tell i have yet to see or hear a proper demo of the Korg PA3X arranger. I also thought the violin and guitar sounded really good on the Korgpa site and the articulations were brilliant but i want to see that played live and not from a studio perspective. I have heard many outstanding demos on yamaha and casio keyboards that could not be reproduced in reality using just the keyboard and thats all i am interested in.

I was blown away by the demos of the tyros played live with crappy cameras. Where are the great live korg demo's ?????

#321351 - 04/09/11 05:40 PM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968

I was blown away by the demos of the tyros played live with crappy cameras. Where are the great live korg demo's ?????

Hard to say why nobody's posting anything with the PA3Xpro...even on YouTube there's nothing. I hope they can make those same great sounds heard on the site, but played entirely live (with accompaniment).

Did you get the Z-2300 situation sorted?

I've found a lovely SA2 Jazz Trumpet on the Tyros4, Spalding...smooth as silk, yet has a nice warm "tat" when played harder...one of the most expressive trumpet sounds I've played this side of Yamaha's legendary VL-1 'Virtual Acoustic' synthesizer.Ahhh...life is sweet!

Ian

#321356 - 04/09/11 08:51 PM Re: KORG PA-3X , official demos and manuals [Re: leezone]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I have owned a Korg PA1X, PA2X Pro, Tyros 3 and 4. All the demos sound great and everyone goes nuts over them. If when I sit in front of one and can re-produce what I have heard in the demos without having to spend a year "tweaking" everything I will be a buyer.

Hammer

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online