Topic Options
#320366 - 03/28/11 09:44 AM iPad 2 Viewing In Sunlight
BBBB Offline

done

Edited by BBBB (09/03/18 08:23 AM)

#320490 - 03/29/11 11:12 PM Re: iPad 2 Viewing In Sunlight [Re: BBBB]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Brian, interesting because I too perform outdoors wearing polarized sun glasses with an anti reflective coating, and don't experience any visibility problems on my 1st gen. iPad. I also utilize a Moshi iVisor AG for iPad so wondering if this might be the reason, or if iPad2 's new screen simply doesn't support viewing with polarized sunglasses. I recommend contacting Apple about this. Either way, I highly recommend purchasing an anti-glare screen protector to reduce reflective glare and increase outdoor viewability. Please report back as this will definitely influence any consideration on my part in upgrading to iPad2.

Brian, btw: I received and accepted your Skype chat invitation so looking forward to chatting with you there. Leave me a message on Skype IM or Skype Voice message to let me know the best times to find you on Skype. smile

#320527 - 03/30/11 07:31 PM Re: iPad 2 Viewing In Sunlight [Re: BBBB]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The Ipad, and many other sunlight viewable devices such as depth finders, Marine GPS, Marine radar displays, multi-function displays, etc... have Polarized shielding to prevent damage to the super-twist display. The test to determine if any device has this type of shielding is to look at the display with polarized glasses, they merely turn the device. If the screen blacks out, it has a Polaroid shield. If it remains clear, it is not shielded. Same test is used to determine if eyeglasses are Polarized.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online