SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32045 - 08/08/06 06:06 AM ?compare sd1and/or X9 to Genesys?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
anyone out there who has tried or used
both? and can compare as to quality for
a jazz player re sounds, styles (especially
drums/bass- I don't use full backgrounds) and ease of operation on a live gig--would appreciate your input. if u have no exp w/Gems than compare to Yams and/or Korg PA series..I know the obvious differences in # of keys, action, etc..it's the jazz styles/sounds and gig ease Iwant to hear about..thanks...

#32046 - 08/12/06 09:36 AM Re: ?compare sd1and/or X9 to Genesys?
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Hey!
I had Roland VA76 and I bought SD1Plus Exp last winter.
Sd1 is very good for live playing,nice drums, realistic sound and good ,deep bases.The Keys are the same like VA76, semiweighted synth keys,should be nice to be a more harder...but..generaly Im ok with SD1, the vocalist helps a lot for live playing too.The software is simple and streight to object..no way of all kind of icons and unuseable animated things.I miss the huge Roland library but , with 310 internal sounds,you can manage perfect.Like I said really realistic,deep,fat sound.Perfect for jazzy ,bluesy ritmic songs.

#32047 - 08/12/06 10:13 AM Re: ?compare sd1and/or X9 to Genesys?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
thanks viocaia, I tried a va-76 someone had but found the sounds and styles very corny, not jazz-oriented at all. I like a light
quick action. are you saying you think the sd1should have a firmer action? I hope
so, because that means it has a light
action now, which I need...tender hands..

#32048 - 08/12/06 06:00 PM Re: ?compare sd1and/or X9 to Genesys?
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Hey!
If you tried VA76 and if you remember the keys..well is the same kind in SD1.Not bad but I prefer a little bit harder.But it's ok.I'm happy with SD1...for now.
Vio

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online