SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#319837 - 03/22/11 01:15 AM “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Hello Lee,
Here is my second contribution to ALW’s tune, called “Music of the Night I hope you like it. And many Thanks for those who will spend time to watch and listen to it. Best wishes, Telmo.

Edited by Telmo (03/22/11 01:18 AM)

#319839 - 03/22/11 01:43 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Telmo

Once more excellently done

Now if only the T4 could use VSTi, as this would really take your performances (In sound quality) to the next level. (It certainly deserves it)

Look forward to more uploads

Bill

#319842 - 03/22/11 02:07 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Thelmo, yet another beautifully produced Tyros 4 masterpiece that moves both aural and visual senses.
As usual, your orchestration and playing are second to none. clap
Thank you Telmo, and Happy belated Birthday to you too. - Scott

#319844 - 03/22/11 03:11 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Thelmo again BRAVO!! clap brilliant performance well played and heartfelt. I would also love to hear something more Uptempo possibly in the future also on the Tyros 4 sometimes. Maybe something like the STAR WARS THEME, etc,..
Keep them coming.

Edited by Dnj (03/22/11 03:12 AM)

#319845 - 03/22/11 03:37 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
Tony Hughes Offline

Telmo,

I can't resist it and you never ran out of keys at the top end, Brillant again! Sorry Nig won't do it again, promise!
The whole thing shows you what you can do, if you can do. Is it any wonder no one wants to post their works on here, who would be able to come near to this level. Iam only at day one, think I might even sell up.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#319846 - 03/22/11 03:40 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Thelmo again BRAVO!! clap brilliant performance well played and heartfelt. I would also love to hear something more Uptempo possibly in the future also on the Tyros 4 sometimes. Maybe something like the STAR WARS THEME, etc,..
Keep them coming.

Donny,

I was thinking that myself, but we can't all play what others want, may be Telmo doesn't swing it. Send Telmo the dots
and he will play it for you.

Like the new Photo were is the 12 bore, how long ago was that one taken.

Cheers Donny
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#319847 - 03/22/11 03:56 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

That pic is about 5 years old Tony, I'll be 59 in July.. rocker

#319888 - 03/22/11 03:07 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
thats some outstanding work there telmo. The T4 is an incredible instrument but in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing its crazy good.

#319898 - 03/22/11 06:26 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
Telmo Offline

Hello dear ones, just wish to Thank for all the kind comments:
BILL, thank you very much for the kind words. You are 100% when you say if Tyros4 could use VST, probably would be considered the best arranger of all times, but nothing is perfect right? Regards.
SCOTT, thank you so much for the kind words and for my belated birthday. Best regards.
DNJ, nice, now I can see your photo, thank you for your kind words and your suggestion I just took note. I intend to perform a Uptempo Celtic tune, how about it? I hope you like this genre. Regards.
TONY, thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you liked it. Regards.
SPALDING, thank you so much for the high remarks and kind comments. I'm grateful for you compliments. Regards.

#319899 - 03/22/11 06:42 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
Dnj Offline

Thelmo believe it or not after performing so many Irish gigs this month for St Patty's....I'm still in a Celtic sought of mood....can't wait!!

#319911 - 03/22/11 11:15 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: spalding1968]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
thats some outstanding work there telmo. The T4 is an incredible instrument but in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing its crazy good.

SP.

That sums it up in a nut shell! SP where are you in the UK.

Tony

#319958 - 03/23/11 12:29 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Telmo, Thank you for such a beautiful and excellent
rendition of one of my very favorite pieces of music both to listen and to sing, my good man, I am "BLOWN AWAY" by your performance, again Thank you
Tony Rome

#319962 - 03/23/11 01:04 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Wow !!

I Just lost my socks !!

All I can say is you have talent + .

If you are not a great producer of both music and visuals , then I need to have my head examined smile

How do you do it ! , well like I said , you have talent.

NO ----- It goes beyond that , you have a gift.

Thank you for posting , I look forward to more laugh

Gary

#319972 - 03/23/11 03:36 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
WOW! Another, absolutely fabulous production. I played this one for my wife, who loves Andrew Lloyd Webber's songs, and she just about broke into tears. She said that YOUR composition of this classic was much better than the original. I tend to agree with her.

I believe the irony of your submissions to the forum is that when I close my eyes and listen to the many songs you're recently posted I can readily visualize an entire orchestra--especially when I hear them on a 5.1-surround sound system. They're the best of the best.

On behalf of all of those who love arranger keyboards, thank you very, very much for your tireless efforts.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#319991 - 03/23/11 06:58 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Tony Hughes]
Telmo Offline

Wish to Thank for the kind comments:
TONY ROME,thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Best regards.
Jedi(GARY), Thank you dear, I'm grateful by your very kind comments.
Travlin'easy(GARY) Thank you both, you and your wife for having enjoyed the video. I'm honoured by your high remarks. All the best.

Ps. Dnj, just like you said: "....I'm still in a Celtic sought of mood...." Right now I'm working on a Celtic tune called "Elan" by Secret Garden. On Tyros4 there is a style named "CelticDance" which I think was created specially for that kind of tune. I wish to post it in a week or so. I just hope it pleases you. Recently I've watched Leigh Wilbraham Playing that on Youtube and it really inspired me to try to learn it as well.
Regards. Telmo.

#320067 - 03/24/11 03:39 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Tony Hughes]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
tony i am based in the Westmidlands, Birmingham

#320070 - 03/24/11 04:24 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: spalding1968]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
tony i am based in the Westmidlands, Birmingham

East Manchester me Splading.

Thanks

Tony

#320247 - 03/26/11 06:11 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Telmo,
Bravo! Bravo!
Beautifully done. Great choice of sounds, Great arranging and orchestration.
Well played my friend......

Thank you very much for doing that song..not only is it super to listen to, it really shows waht an arranger can do when played correctly in that kind of music. And it certainly shows the T4 is up to the task...

Another fun one to do might be' No matter what' ???

#320272 - 03/27/11 04:11 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: leeboy]
Telmo Offline

Hi LEE,
Thank you so much for the kind comments and I'm glad you enjoyed it. In fact, it was a great learning experience to me working on these 2 ALW's tunes, well thanks to you, because at that time, I didn't know much about his compositions specially here in my Country. Best regards, and happy playing. Telmo.

#320275 - 03/27/11 06:42 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Telmo,
Your welcome. I'm glad a lttle of my taste in music rubbed off on you and you enjoy it.

Of course one thing that is very important...on this style of music it is extremely important to have a keyboard with top notch sound, as you really do hear the sound, unlike some other types where it does not matter as much. (I have been saying this for years)

No one would love to go to orchestra performances if most of the instuments sounded poorly, or had problems!

T4, for this type of music may very well be the best currently available in an arranger (without using PC sounds systems).

#320295 - 03/27/11 11:17 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: leeboy]
Telmo Offline

Lee,
You are right about Tyros4. And I think you will eventually get one for yourself sooner or later. I used to play a Korg arranger, Pa-800, but when I laid my hands on Tyros3, at that time, I knew it, I would be better off with it. I'm not saying Korg Arranger is bad, but for the genre of music I enjoy, Tyros4 is a treat. You should try. I just saw one on e-bay for under US$3,300.00 with SPEAKERS AND STAND INCLUDED. Not bad. Anyway, thanks for everything. Telmo.

#320361 - 03/28/11 09:10 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Another outstanding production, T.

I'm curious, but do you perform this in public, and what kind of functions and venues do you play where this would be heard? You ought to come and tour the US, some time. I would come, for sure!

BTW, if you are looking for any more inspiration, have you listened to any of Isao Tomita's synth renditions of classical music? His versions of Debussy and Holst's music are inspiring. That portamento'd sort of female voice sound in this one reminded me of some of his music. Maybe you'd like to take a crack at some of that on the T4?

#320432 - 03/29/11 05:47 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Diki]
Telmo Offline

Hi DIKI, first of all, thank you very much for the kind words. Such praise coming from a musician like yourself is indeed valued highly. I do play at Christian church on Sundays congregations. Other than that, I'm just a hobbist. Play for my enjoyment and fun. I do not live on music. If I did, I wouldn't survive. You see, the world out there enjoys commercial music. The music I play it ain't that. You mentioned Isao Tomita's versions of Debussy and Holst's. If I'm not mistaken, I remember about a year ago when I had Tyros3 I played something similar. I intend to make a better version on future. If you are interested to take a look:

#320434 - 03/29/11 06:12 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Telmo,

It just keeps getting better.

Remember I asked first for any John Williams movie theme song, including Star Wars. Donny already had his dedication...

Just kidding, it dosen't matter, just keep making your songs your way for whoever at any tempo.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#320436 - 03/29/11 07:19 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Telmo,

I have to agree with my old friend Larry from the frozen wilds of Lehigh Valley, PA. "Keep playing your songs your way for whoever at any tempo." They incredible!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#320456 - 03/29/11 11:58 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Cool version, T. Very different to Tomita, but valid all by itself. Personally, I think you undervalue yourself. Yes, the large majority of the musical gigging world is looking for commercialization, but there is still the 'concert' world. I think some of the same venues that book classical and light classical music would be interested in you if you put a whole program together of stuff like you have been playing us.

No, it's probably not going to be a full-time thing, but it might be a very nice occasional. Don't sell yourself short...

BTW, anybody else a big Tomita fan?

#320462 - 03/29/11 02:37 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Diki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Telmo ... just got to listen now ... BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO ...
clap clap clap

... and people would and SHOULD come and pay to hear you play ...

#320476 - 03/29/11 05:17 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: lahawk]
Telmo Offline

LARRY, Thanks for the kind words. I just took notes of your suggestion about John Williams themes. Fantastic, "jurassik Park" is one of my favorites Soundtrack by him. I put it on my wish list for future performances.
GARY, thanks once again for your kind words and compliments. I feel honoured by your kind comments.
DIKI, thanks for all the kind words and encouragement.
TONY, thank you very much for the compliments.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online