SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#37339 - 11/12/10 04:53 AM Lyrics to Midis
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Has anyone mastered syncing the lyrics to a midi yet?
I have tried a few times but no luck and theres not much in the online manual about it as far as I can see.

I save the lyrics in Word with the exact same name as the song and save as . txt
I then load it into the audya beside the song midi via my usb stick but nothing happens when i play the song
Anyone?
Thanks
Rusty

#37340 - 11/12/10 06:32 AM Re: Lyrics to Midis
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Rusty
I know you have the Lyrics set to on and the file are next to each other and the same except the line symbols in front of it are different.

I use karaokemidi with embedded lyrics but use MP3 and text that way. The only time I have trouble is when I forget, even a capital letter. I then record them per manual instructions, and scoll them.

#37341 - 11/12/10 10:25 AM Re: Lyrics to Midis
Rusty 999 Offline

Thanx bernie,
Hopefully some Good Samaritan will come along here and show me the way to do it

Thanks

Rusty

#37342 - 11/12/10 01:58 PM Re: Lyrics to Midis
vldvdeoy Offline

Loc: Whitehorse, Yukon
First of all, have you checked your Audya manual at page 117... it's all there. Just do what it says... and it works.

One tip I will add though is that I personnally never put more than ±33 charaters on a line because that's about how many the window in Audya will show (when in Zoom mode). So when I type my text in NOTEPAD, I use the font Lucida 12 regular. I also shrink the window of Notepad so that only ±33 characters can be placed, after that the nex word moves to the next line automatically.
Also, since you can only see 6 lines of text at a time in Audya, I arrange my text in Notepad so that all paragraphs are logical, skipping a line as needed to make text more readable. Then you save the text with the same name as the file and transfer the text file to same folder as the song (MIDI, MP3 or WAV). When it's time to play the file, you press RECORD and with the down arrow and advance the text as I sing it. When done, press Save.

#37343 - 11/12/10 02:36 PM Re: Lyrics to Midis
Rusty 999 Offline

Many Thanks vldvdeoy

So , It seems I was going wrong by using word?
I should use notepad and save as a TXT file?
The manual I received was in german so that wasnt much help. I did download the online version but theres not a lot of info there.
Thanks again for your help
Rusty

#37344 - 11/13/10 01:54 AM Re: Lyrics to Midis
player 1 Offline

Loc: Vargon Sweden
if you record the melody on chanel 4 and then open the score view you can set the lyrics to every note and when you play the song the lyrics will follow as karaoke, another way to fix this is to load the lyrics in to Audya but you must have the name on the lyrics and the name on the midifile the same and the lyrics must have the txt. and the song will have mid. and when you play the song push record and turn page on the lyrics, and when the song is ready push save, the midifile will show the lyrics
good luck
I use cakewalk sonar

#37345 - 11/13/10 03:54 PM Re: Lyrics to Midis
Rusty 999 Offline

Thanks Player1. I will try this tomorrow
Looks like I have a lot of typing to do lol
Cheers
Rusty

#37346 - 11/16/10 04:10 AM Re: Lyrics to Midis
Rusty 999 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by player 1:
if you record the melody on chanel 4 and then open the score view you can set the lyrics to every note and when you play the song the lyrics will follow as karaoke, another way to fix this is to load the lyrics in to Audya but you must have the name on the lyrics and the name on the midifile the same and the lyrics must have the txt. and the song will have mid. and when you play the song push record and turn page on the lyrics, and when the song is ready push save, the midifile will show the lyrics
good luck
I use cakewalk sonar

Hi again Player1
Tried what you said and it all works.
I didnt get the bit about recording melody in Chan 4?
What I now have is the lyrics scrolling --but its page by page--not word for word ?
Am I doing something wrong or is that how its meant to be.
Thanks for your help
Rusty

#37347 - 11/16/10 07:00 AM Re: Lyrics to Midis
player 1 Offline

Loc: Vargon Sweden
try to sing along and every word push the button for ex. if you record "I belive" the I is one note and the belive is two notes you can mail me so I can take some screen shots and show you better
lundstedt.hasse@gmail.com

#319269 - 03/14/11 05:56 PM Re: Lyrics to Midis [Re: Rusty 999]
Chevy Offline

Loc: Norway
Hello my friends, hope you are doing well.

I have a question about the Audya and lyrics.

It is possible to show lyrics on an external screen. And I know that you can synchronize the scroll with mp3, wav and midifiles. I also know that you can scroll by using the arrows and the pedals.

My question is: Is it possible to show all the lyrics in a song on the screen at once. I mean all the verses and ref`s?

Can it be done by using a image file or zooming the text file or…..?

In that case it would not be necessary to scroll.

Can the Audya show any format of image files.

Hope you know what I mean and looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online