SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#318736 - 03/09/11 07:46 AM Music Pad Pro Deal
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think this is a great price. I'm not interested, but somebody might be.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

DonM

#318739 - 03/09/11 08:43 AM Re: Music Pad Pro Deal [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
I think this is a great price.

DonM

That's a steal at that price. 5 years ago I paid $1150, it has paid for itself a number of times.

#318741 - 03/09/11 09:23 AM Re: Music Pad Pro Deal [Re: Stephenm52]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
The same here

#318742 - 03/09/11 09:26 AM Re: Music Pad Pro Deal [Re: DonM]
WDMcM
Unregistered

Just curious, what is the advantage of the Music Pad over an iPad or one of the Android O/S units like the Samsung Galaxy Tab or any number of other brands? They will display PDF's of your charts, but also do all the other fun stuff of a tablet PC.

#318745 - 03/09/11 11:05 AM Re: Music Pad Pro Deal [Re: DonM]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's a fair bit bigger, so if your eyesight ain't that great...

#318746 - 03/09/11 11:11 AM Re: Music Pad Pro Deal [Re: ]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By: WDMcM
Just curious, what is the advantage of the Music Pad over an iPad or one of the Android O/S units like the Samsung Galaxy Tab or any number of other brands? They will display PDF's of your charts, but also do all the other fun stuff of a tablet PC.

The MPP only displays sheet music/lead sheets, it can't do anything else.....well there is a built mp3 player, but it's pretty useless. Yes it does have a larger screen for easier viewing. The other caveat is it will not display PDF, instead you have to convert to the proprietary .fh (freehand format). It was very time consuming getting all the files converted, that was a time consuming process.

#318748 - 03/09/11 11:16 AM Re: Music Pad Pro Deal [Re: DonM]
Mark79100 Offline

Scott or anyone,

I've been wanting a large screen tablet that will allow me to store and read my music for a while now. The price has been holding me back.

Is THIS a good deal now that the new Apples are out (and I understand there will be a lot of new tablets from other manufacturers introduced in 2011)?

How many GB does this one store?
Anything at all I should know about on this one before I make a decision?

Thanks

#318756 - 03/09/11 12:01 PM Re: Music Pad Pro Deal [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Mark,

The MPP has served me well and doesn't owe me a penny, when I purchased it there wasn't much in the way of comparable devices. If you've waited this long you just may want to wait a while longer and see what other tablets are released. The MPP uses a flash drive, I have a 1 gig drive and after 5 years it's just over half full.

#318759 - 03/09/11 12:16 PM Re: Music Pad Pro Deal [Re: DonM]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Mark. smile My thoughts re the MPP now are pretty in line with Stephens. A great device in its day but with all the new tablets coming out now/soon, I'd wait to see what they offer. For me, the iPad is ideal because I mainly need it for leadsheets and/or lyrics and chords only. The smaller size is also perfectlyl suited for sitting directly on the Tyros 4 LCD screen which totally eliminates the distraction a larger music viewing device (laptop, larger tablet, music stand, etc) would present. The other thing I appreciate with the ipad is its' very "outdoor viewable" bright screen and long battery life. In comparison, the MPP outdoor viewability and battery life is pretty limited.

#318766 - 03/09/11 12:40 PM Re: Music Pad Pro Deal [Re: DonM]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Battery life is also a BIG issue, even with all the new alternate brand tablets being released this year.

The BEST you will get is around 6 hours, and thats in low power mode.

Somehow Apple have this battery life nailed totally.

I can confirm (from my own testing) that I can get 10 hours and 36 minutes from a full cycle charge on my iPad. That is with the display set at approx 75% brightness. To be honest, anymore than that and you would need sunnies!!! But all else is running normally.

I did not use the audio output (I, like Scott, use it only for lead sheets, cheat cards etc). So if running the audio, you would probably get a little less battery time, but as I did not test I cannot say.

But it has to be said that on the alt tablets the 6hour time would also be reduced should the user be running audio as well.

Dennis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online