SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#31813 - 10/28/06 05:12 PM How to make INS instruments?
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Hey Ketroners!
Is there any way to make INS instruments for SD1?
Vio

#31814 - 10/28/06 06:46 PM Re: How to make INS instruments?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Vio,
there's an sd1 ins available on the solton site. Must admit I haven't tried it to see if it works.

I did once edit an ins for my dgx305/omb software. I used notepad for the editing.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/solton/files/Utilities/

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#31815 - 10/29/06 06:30 AM Re: How to make INS instruments?
viocaia Offline

Hey Rikki
I'm sorry I wasn't speific.I'm talking about the instrument itself.The ones we can load in the machine.Like MSP but INS.
I've tried to open some with all kind of sapmler editors...no chance.The name is the same like Ensoniq EPS family instrument and
AdLib instrument or sample cell...but can't be opened or edited.
Thanks

[This message has been edited by viocaia (edited 10-29-2006).]

#31816 - 10/29/06 08:59 AM Re: How to make INS instruments?
Ketron User Offline

Hello,

I make my INS-Sounds with this Card and the Software delivered with the Card:
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc2662.pdf

Best Regards,
Ketron User.

#31817 - 10/29/06 12:01 PM Re: How to make INS instruments?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Vio,
we sure got our wires crossed ( haahaa)
Sorry can't help.

Actually ended up good for me though, I finally ended up editing an .ins file in sd1 format for my OMB software. Got it working, all except the drums.

What exactly are you trying to do, the only thing I've tried to date is loading wav files which I got from my soundfonts.

Good luck
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by viocaia:
[B]Hey Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#31818 - 10/29/06 12:03 PM Re: How to make INS instruments?
rikkisbears Offline

Thanks Ketron User,
I'll have a look at that too.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ketron User:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#31819 - 10/29/06 01:35 PM Re: How to make INS instruments?
viocaia Offline

Hey Ketroners!
Thanks for attention.
I don't mean INS list of instruments, like Cakewalk ones...
What i'm talking is about the sound (instruments)we can load in the sampler.I'm using a lot of wave phrases,specially for country riffs,I'm recording with real guitar cause sounds much more naturally..at least for country music!.Soon im gonna post some mp3 with this kind of things.
Well, after all the recordings ,editing and efects done,I put all the waves together in a MSP instrument.The point is that I wish to use a riff ,let's say originally in key of F with a song in G without tempo/lenght changing like the classic sampler do.I heard that INS Ketron instruments are based in 'formant' way of doing pitches, same lenght of the sound with different picthes.
that should be nice, so I can use same riffs for different songs without to much artifacts.
Vio

[This message has been edited by viocaia (edited 10-29-2006).]

#31820 - 10/29/06 07:33 PM Re: How to make INS instruments?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Vio,
you're referring to an audio loop?? ie a guitar strumming?

As far as I'm aware, the sd1 can process a drum audio loop ie a just say a wav file of brushes playing a jazz drum pattern. This wav pattern can be used in drum 2 of an sd1 pattern instead of or as well as the existing drum 1 pattern.
The wav file can pretty much adapt to any tempo as it has to be processed thru the sampler before it can be used. ie the wav may be 80bpm but after processing you could actually use it in a style at 100bpm.

I'm not aware that this will actually work with a pitched instrument like a guitar ie that a wav file will follow chord changes?
If you find that you can do this, I'd luv to know how.

The only keyboard that I'm aware that could use pitched audio phrases was the Roland VA7/VA76. It had variphrase technology.
I had one for a short while but never really got into it. I think they may have dropped this function in their more recent keyboards?

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by viocaia:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#31821 - 10/30/06 12:00 AM Re: How to make INS instruments?
viocaia Offline

Hey Rikki
You're right.Something like variphase.I had VA76 and it was realy amazing what I did with it...but variphase was a litlle sinthetic like sound.I think SD is much better...well I'm still experimenting.
For now i found out if you load a musical phrase in a midi, I can change tempo without affecting pitch.That's nice.Also if I make a general transpose,the wave follows without tempo changing,o course just few semitones , then sounds crazy!
I think also when I'm editing MSP in the sampler section I can tune the phrase to a certain key then assign it to a key on the keyboard...I'm gonna try it today and let you know.
Vio

#31822 - 10/30/06 10:30 AM Re: How to make INS instruments?
zzprod Offline

I'm so happy this came up.
Last week I sent an email to AJ asking help with editing/creating .ins files. still waiting for a reply. the SD1 can load 128 ins sounds , but only 8 msp. I already have 8 msp loaded on start up (actually 7, I think my drums msp with 31 samples counts as 2 normal msp) and I need at least 2 more instruments loaded in ram. I read there's a way to load even more sounds in flash. somebody have more info?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online