SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#317559 - 02/24/11 11:40 AM Re: YAMAHA T3 STYLES + KETRON SD2 SOUNDS [Re: DAN.2000]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, that's what I thought your software did...

If it doesn't do a remap of the kits and megavoices, how does it even deal with the more minor differences between Ketron and Yamaha drum maps?

Things like EMC and the like, they have little look-up tables, so, when the style original says play Eb2 for a clap, and the destination arranger says play a Ab1 for a clap, the software changes it. You REALLY need this if you haven't already got it, then you create lookup tables for different products, and the same software can address a large variety of different destination keyboards and modules (this is also how you would remap for different Mega-voice layouts).

This is probably where you would apply any velocity curve and volume curve offsets, too.

Maybe this is a bit more complicated than your current program, but doing it enables you to sell the product to a MUCH wider market...

Most WS users don't HATE arrangers. They just mostly hate how dumbed down they are compared to the WS they have. If a piece of software allows them to use styles AND what is best about their WS, you bet your sweet *** they are going to buy it!

#317566 - 02/24/11 12:22 PM Re: YAMAHA T3 STYLES + KETRON SD2 SOUNDS [Re: DAN.2000]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hey Diki, man you are really pushing this "getting this software to work with a Motif" theme. It seems you are re-hashing it everytime you make a comment on this thread smile

Give the guy a break and let him investigate....He has the idea, he has indicated it is a good one, he has said he will look at it..

Sorry m8, but you remind me of Bart and Lisa " can we go dad, can we go dad , can we go dad, can we go dad, can we go dad..." you get the picture!! laugh

Dennis

PS: I'm not dissing ya!! Just saying wink

#317577 - 02/24/11 01:56 PM Re: YAMAHA T3 STYLES + KETRON SD2 SOUNDS [Re: DAN.2000]
dralion Offline

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
Hey

One of the vArranger user told me that the yamaha styles are sounding far better on the Ketron SD2 than on the Tyros itself !

Dan

I would like to listen to a demo of Tyros styles played with a Ketron SD2 (not the SD4 which is more expensive)

#317578 - 02/24/11 02:02 PM Re: YAMAHA T3 STYLES + KETRON SD2 SOUNDS [Re: miden]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Diki, when you remap the megavoices, you loose something !

For the Ketron SD2, I did a lot of work on the remapping. I will not say all my secrets smile

I thought that the Motif XF megavoices are the same as the Tyros ones, so you DONT NEED any remapping, but I then think NO.

Diki, what keyboards do you have? do you have a WS?

I am personnaly ready, as always, if someone want to use vArranger, and have special needs that are going on the good direction, to add features to vArranger to suit needs.

Not tehoricals needs, but true musicians needs

vArranger was born with hard pressure of musicians on me. It's not easy to live with, but the result is amazing smile

Dan

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#317579 - 02/24/11 02:15 PM Re: YAMAHA T3 STYLES + KETRON SD2 SOUNDS [Re: DAN.2000]
DAN.2000 Offline

I own the 2 modules.
Ketron SD2 and SD4 have the exact same sound table.

I however discovered that the SD4 sound is more defined, maybe due to a better DA converters, it is more spaced. The SD2 sound is more compact but is more PUNCHY.

SD4 seems a little bit faster than SD4, in case of high midi demand. but SD2 seems more stable.

SD4 by USB seems to have a problem with the Window 7. I have to find the exact sysex and NRPN midi message who is creating the SD4 bug, and tell it to Ketron. I hope they will release a driver for Win7. For now I use it by MIDI not USB.

SD2 is smaler in size, but own RCA outputs.

I am still not sure if I prefer SD2 or SD4 smile

Dan

Dan

#317598 - 02/24/11 05:01 PM Re: YAMAHA T3 STYLES + KETRON SD2 SOUNDS [Re: DAN.2000]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
As I said earlier Dan, when I get the Groove Rack, I will be happy to see if we can get it mapped for use with vArranger.

I will send you an email when I get it and we can go from there hey? smile

Dennis

#317600 - 02/24/11 05:05 PM Re: YAMAHA T3 STYLES + KETRON SD2 SOUNDS [Re: miden]
DAN.2000 Offline

ok midem

Dan

#317660 - 02/25/11 10:55 AM Re: YAMAHA T3 STYLES + KETRON SD2 SOUNDS [Re: DAN.2000]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The two WS's I use at the moment are a K2500S (and X at the studio) and a Triton. Both are great studio tools, but live, I prefer the convenience of the arranger. They just seem better set up for live. But sound-wise, no contest... A modern TOTL WS (MoXF, Kronos, etc.) can take on any arranger. But those bloody chord following arps just don't cut it as an arranger substitute.

It was reported maybe two or more years ago that Tyros Mega-voices vary quite differently between arranger and WS lines. The Left Hand of Yamaha, and all that! Someone tried to play a T2 into a Motif ES Rack. they just don't line up. But if something can remap them, you are good to go. From what I have read, Yamaha's WS's keep a pretty consistent map between their models, so I imagine that if you map for a MoXF, you probably have XS and ES covered, too...

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online