SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#317641 - 02/25/11 07:09 AM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: FransN]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
If Sweetwater says $3,699...it can be bought for much less...I know that for sure.
Take about $400 - $600 off that price. At least!

T4 advertised price $4,999 at Sweetwater..I know where you can get one for $3,450. That's $1,500 LESS!
Why would it be any different for Korg products?

You have to shop around.

#317656 - 02/25/11 09:52 AM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: tassiespirit]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: tassiespirit
In Oz, the best advertised price for a Tyros 4 is around $5299 without wheeling and dealing, plus around $299.99 for the 1GB of flash ROM, that I can find. I doubt the initial pricing on the Korg will be any better. More likely to be higher, and on top of that you have the speaker system (if you want that) - it sucks!

Either way, no one knows for sure, as it is all conjecture and guessing what the price will be; especially for me , as I need to upgrade big time.

taz

Allan

Check this thread :

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread..._and#Post317363

#317668 - 02/25/11 12:36 PM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: miden]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Hi Dennis,

I would hope that the prices you mention on the other thread are meant for the year 2020 !!!
Joking apart, I think they are really steep, I would not mind a bet that the ones I mentioned will be nearer the mark. And as far as "street prices " are concerned, we all know how much lower they can go from the R.R.P.........
So..........are we on ?
best wishes,
John Smies

#317678 - 02/25/11 06:02 PM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: FransN]
miden Offline

Hi John, nah m8, they are fair dink...It is why I am now looking at other possibilities. Even though I can get them for substantially less wink

I had told my dealer earlier to automatically order one for me and charge a deposit, but I have since retracted that.

The Kronos and a Roalnd MK7 is looking MIGHTY tasty...

Then again I might just keep the PA2X...it is like Diki and his G70, it's doing the job for me nicely...the PA3 is an incremental development at best, so not really worth the upgrade change-over.

Finally, are we "on" for what??? smile

Dennis

#317682 - 02/25/11 11:31 PM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: miden]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Hi Dennis,

I can well understand being hesistant, you and all of those owning a PA-2X already. Of course for Frans and me it's another kettle of fish, only having the PA-500 at our disposal for the time being. Personally I am growing hesistant as to picking up the PA-3X or simply updating to a PA-800/PA-2X which would leave me with almost 2000 dollars to spare !! So, like you ,but from a different perspective I will be very critical about the forthcoming model.
Are we on ? I was only referring to your estimate of the official prices and my estimate which I consider nearer the mark. All conjecture all the same I admit !!!!!

As to the Roland arranger module, it may have the sounds but it seems mighty clumsly to operate and change things on the fly. Mind you I am not speaking from personal experience that much may be clear.

#317703 - 02/26/11 09:07 AM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: FransN]
miden Offline

Actually John they are NOT estimates of the official prices in Australia they ARE the official prices.

The only thing that will change them is if there is a substantial change in the Australian-v-US dollar exchange rate. Ours is current listed at a little above parity at the moment.

Dennis

#317708 - 02/26/11 10:14 AM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Why doesn't anyone just think of the research & development and expense to design these wonderful instruments in ratio to the price...
The time and effort alone is worth many times the selling value. Then because some people want them but can't afford them they complain about the price. The technology involved in making these units is incredible compared to just a few years ago. Not to mention the enjoyment they bring to the player & audiences. In my opinion we're getting an amazing bargain.

#317712 - 02/26/11 11:33 AM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Why doesn't anyone just think of the research & development and expense to design these wonderful instruments in ratio to the price...
The time and effort alone is worth many times the selling value. Then because some people want them but can't afford them they complain about the price. The technology involved in making these units is incredible compared to just a few years ago. Not to mention the enjoyment they bring to the player & audiences. In my opinion we're getting an amazing bargain.

No offence, but what a load of old tosh!!

#317714 - 02/26/11 11:54 AM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: FransN]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think Dennis has posted about how expensive keyboards are in Oz... Did you ever find whether it was a tax issue that makes them so high, or do your dealers just manage a higher margin?

Got to admit, I always feel a bit guilty whenever I see you posting about those keyboard prices, but then, every trip to the hospital, I think that high keyboard prices aren't so bad after all!

BTW, takle a look at the BK-7m manual... it seems that remote operation and selection of UPG's seems a bit better than older Roland's, as you would expect from a module. For a grand, it still seems like a LOT of bang for the buck.

#317715 - 02/26/11 11:56 AM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: FransN]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I agree. Prices are becoming ridiculously prohibitive for high-end arrangers. For instance, my Tyros1 was half the price of a Tyros3 or Tyros4. And that's just in a few short year(s) time span we're talking about. But Yammie, Korg and Ketron are able to get away with charging these ridiculous amounts because far too many consumers seem willing to oblige manufacturers and keep forking over wads of money every three or four years i.e. every arranger "cycle" when each successive product comes out and will likely upgrade to the next supposedly latest greatest arranger product. You have to remember most arranger players are 'older' i.e. many of them are retirees with mountains of cash to "burn". >> You know, like DonM and Fran have. laugh lol

If consumers banded together to withhold their enormous stashes of money manufacturers would be obligated to significantly reduce their ridiculous prices to more reasonable standards needless to say. If they didn't they would start to teeter on the edge of financial collapse and eventually go "belly up" if they refused to do an about face. Without "us" they are nothing needless to say. That is the reason they exist in the first place i.e. because a sufficient amount of consumers buy their products thus giving them a viable market to sell their product(s) in the marketplace. There would need to be a "revolt" among consumers essentially telling keyboard manufacturers we simply refuse to pay your ridiculously exorbitant prices for your high-end products any longer and it wouldn't be long before Yammie, Ketron, Korg (and others) would have to submit and comply to the will of their customer base and potential customer base and you would see their prices drop across the board as a result. Until that happens, Yammie, Korg, Ketron (and others) will be all too happy to keep charging "an arm & leg" for their products to naive consumers who seem oblivious to the "rip-off" that is dangled in front of them like a worm on a hook to a pack of otherwise hungry fish. Or in this particular scenario hungry consumers with many of them having 'mountains' of cash to burn and nowhere better to spend it apparently. Easy come, easy go, right? wink

Now before anyone gets riled up or feels offended I am a consumer, just like you - and I am only saying these things for consumer(s) benefit, not to denigrate people with mounds of cash to burn who buy prohibitively expensive high-end arranger products every two or three years - on a whim. wink To each his own. But prices will continue to "skyrocket" if enough consumers continue to fork over these ridiculous amounts of money for these bloody keyboards that still only have 128 note polyphony (except the Audya which has 197) and in Yammie's case - still only has 61 keys and still encased in a 'plastic' shell with minuscule amounts of internal memory coming as standard. And for that matter the Ketron as well has only minuscule amounts of internal memory. frown When will we wake up??

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online