Bob (and others).
At last ... some answers for you.
1. I can't record a midi file to my PC, or any other way. Thus I can't record the Midjay voices and styles.
>>>AJ: When recording out from Midijay's MIDI OUT to a computer, go to the MIDI menu (MENU-> MIDI -> CHANNEL TX and set GLOBAL to 1 - your software should also be set to receive GLOBAL/OMNI = 1). Also go to FILTER&CLOCK and ensure that the EXCL.MESS OUT = ON. Now, if you are only using 1 MIDI cable OUT MIDIJAY to IN SOFTWARE, this is ok, but if you also have the MIDI OUT software to MIDI IN MIDIJAY, you could experience a LOOP effect - in this case EXCL. MESS IN = OFF during recording and ON during playback from your external software. If playing back from the software, EXCL.MESS OUT should be off - or just use one cable at a time and switch cables for REC/Play back to avoid the Midi Loop effect.
2. I can't record a registration for a change in a style.
>>>AJ: The Registratoin issues are fixed in the new OS and work ok.
3. I haven't been able to sync a wav file to a midi. Timing it is a problem.
>>>AJ: This takes a lot of tries to get right and save, it is advisable to start with a constant Wave and sync the MIDI to the Wave. If you go the other way round, you will have to use the Wave STRETCH feature (TEMPO - Stretch) and adjust to match the Midi File.
4. I can't play MS series patterns.
>>>AJ: Have these Patterns been previously converted? MS Patterns should play ~ just that you will have to do a lot of fine-tunning. The MS unit's voices are mapped slightly different from the Midijay hence they are not really compatible (unlike the X, SD1 and XD series).
5. MS series recorded midis sound poor and need to be re-recorded, but I can't re-record them with the Midjay. I shouldn't have to I have to go and buy an X1,SD1 or XD3 to do this.
>>>AJ: You can play the Midis on the Midijay (copy to the HD first) and use the EDIT button to edit most of the parameters (voice, effects, volume, pan ... for all 16 tracks as they play) - then SAVE on the Midijay with the new settings either as the same song or a different song name.
6. I can't figure out how to plug in my midi guitar and midi bass pedals, at the same time, to activate styles with the bass pedals and voices on the guitar.
>>>AJ: Since the MIDIJAY only has one MIDI IN jack, you will have to use a MIDI addaptor that will be able to accept 2 - more MIDI INS but transmit all singnals on the same MIDI OUT line. Next, set your BASS and MIDI GUITAR to transmit on separate channels (eg BASS = 2 and GUITAR = 3). Now go into the MIDIJAY MIDI MENU and activate LEFT=2 and RIGHT=3. Does your MIDI guitar transmit on more than 1 channel at a time?
7. I can't trigger minor, aug,. and Dim, chords with my midi guitar. I believe the same problem exists for button type accordion players.
>>>AJ: Your are correct. Tonality changes are not available on the MIDIJAY. For this and other ARRANGER INTESIVE FUNCTIONS, the XD3 module would be the best route.
8. Won't record MP3 files.
>>>AJ: Correct. You can convert existing MP3, MIDI, STYLES ... anything played on the MIDIJAY or played into the MIDIJAY (via LINE IN) to a WAVE file as all recording is saved as a WAVE file.
9. No input for volume pedal.
>>>AJ: You are correct. The 'work-around' would be to use the optional volume pedal (BELL DOUVOX has these) that has an input and an output. Connect as follows: - MIDIJAY OUT -> VOLUME PEDAL IN. VOLUME PEDAL OUT - AMP/POWERED SPEAKER/MIXER. So the pedal is between the MIDIJAY output and your MIXER or SOUND SYSTEM.
10. I am told that it won't remix any styles that are not on board.
>>>AJ: Not correct. It won't remix any styles found on Floppy diks. You will have to copy the style from your Floppy disk TO the STYLES folder in the Hard Drive.
11. Wont pause files in Play List Mode.
>>>AJ: Opps... let me work on this.
12. "Exit" not foot switch assignable
>>>AJ: Correct. Can be added via OS
[ AJ at KETRON ]
Design Engineer & Product Specialist.